Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Kaz Hirai on Vita sales- "Long term is what is important"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 60 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 1:11:48 PM PST
JWK says:
Oh, you didn't stipulate that it had to be sales in America. But yes, it has sold about 7 million more units worldwide than the 360.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 1:10:53 PM PST
JWK says:
Yes. Yes she did.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 1:10:25 PM PST
JWK says:
Square is too busy porting their recent games to the iPad and selling them for $85 each.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 1:09:16 PM PST
Poor 3DO... Don't worry, I'll always love you, my darling 3DO.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 1:08:50 PM PST
"at least in the USA."

No way it sold more than an Xbox 360 in America.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 1:08:06 PM PST
Doesn't count.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 1:07:07 PM PST
JWK says:
" The ps3 has sold pretty good but after accounting for all its losses and price cuts its never really been profitable. In terms of sales you can say its a success but this guy better start judging products by if they make $$ or lose $$...."

Microsoft has lost 2.5 Billion supporting the XBox 360.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 1:06:32 PM PST
PS3 became successful when they dropped the price to $299 to match with XBox 360. Had they keep it at $599, we all know what happened to 3DO.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 1:03:37 PM PST
Your mother sold more units than either the Xbox 360 and the PS3!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 1:01:22 PM PST
JWK says:
"Was the PSP ever considered successful though? I'm not trying to start a flamewar or anything, but it seems to be a really niche product, at least in the USA."

It has sold more units than either the XBox 360 and the PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:42:10 PM PST
"Final Fantasy XIV"

And you all get to wait until our 19th update before you'll see any airships!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:41:56 PM PST
See, I'd just use mimic in my daily life all the time and end up being forced to throw coins at people to make them not hate me. Materia would be a very poor thing for me to use.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:40:44 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
And to customer satisfaction as well!

Gamers: We want Final Fantasy Versus XIII/Kingdom Hearts III/Final Fantasy VII Remake!

Square-Enix: Ta-dah!!! We present to you Final Fantasy XIV, Final Fantasy XIII-3 and Theatrhythm!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:40:17 PM PST
Lucanus says:
I know right. Why Square hasn't remade Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, FF IV, FFVI, FFVII and FFIX with ps3 graphics in HD is beyond me. I would pay $100 a piece for each of those. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:38:12 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
They won't. Square is allergic to dumptrucks full of cash.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:36:10 PM PST
What about Materia things? If they announced a reboot for FFVII for vita, it would sell out all across the world.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 12:19:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 12:20:13 PM PST
Benpachi says:
If the enhanced port of Muramasa has a physical release, I will buy a Vita with or without a price drop.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:20:24 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
No

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:17:51 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Wouldn't that have made him a pedophile?

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 11:15:13 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Except this Black Friday, where Keller spent playing his Wii U then re-wrapping it to give it to his kids a month later.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:15:07 AM PST
GyozaSauce says:
lol, this. Like others said as well, getting the bundle would take 3 minutes away from your family. I'm sure they can do without you for that long.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:13:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 11:14:38 AM PST
Lucanus says:
It is a holiday at the company I work for. Any time I get off of work is a holiday in my book, in which I spend with my family. Though to be more specific the day after Thanksgiving we have traditions. Such as putting up all our xmas decorations, smoking some BBQ, tossing football, etc. I've been fortunate enough to have always had the day after off, so it has been developed as a family holiday as much as Thanksgiving. This is especially true since I live out of town and my parents and brother's family visits. Good question. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:10:40 AM PST
Admiral55 says:
Not to be cheeky, but what holiday occurs on Black Friday?

Last time I checked, it's the day after Thanksgiving.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:08:44 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
I would completely agree with you. I have only had my Vita for less than two months and I love it so I definitely have faith in the product since it's the best handheld system that I have ever had already. The Vita is shaping up already to be like the PSP with it starting off slowly and picking up steam but that's still not good on Sony's part. They need to push the Vita at developers to make more companies start developing on it. The marketing for the Vita has been very lackluster as well so it's not really in the media's eye as a good system to purchase. Sure, they have the commercials for Call of Duty: Declassified and the one that was for Assassin's Creed: Liberation but that's not enough. The majority of people that are going to see those commercials probably think it's cool that those games are on the Vita but they don't care enough to buy one since they can get better versions of the series on consoles already.

Even in Japan the Vita sales haven't been good and the Japanese demographic seem to love handhelds more than we do.

I think Sony would be extremely smart to start pushing the Vita more and get top tier games on the system that actually operate worth a damn. They need to get the new Killzone and the Bioshock games on the system where they are actually just as good as the consoles counterparts. Sony should push SE to upgrade Final Fantasy: Type-0 to Vita quality and then re-release the game in the US and Japan as well.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 11:05:02 AM PST
Since when is coming in last place considered successful? Is success just not going bankrupt?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3219 8 minutes ago
I'm Sold On Overwatch 4 17 minutes ago
Apple Music is a bug-ridden pos. Read how people's music collections are damaged 10 1 hour ago
Unbiased VGFers unite. 8 1 hour ago
Uncharted 4 Review Roundup 316 1 hour ago
So who's playing Doom on PC? 19 1 hour ago
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 leaked benchmarks tease 8GB RAM at 10GHz 13 1 hour ago
Shadow Complex is $4.94 on Xbox Live right now for Goldmembers 17 1 hour ago
Dark Souls III Community Help Thread - **Expect Spoilers** 1863 2 hours ago
woo hoo! sony ps vita 64gb $85.99 14 2 hours ago
Honest question about the Ratchet and Clank movie 0 3 hours ago
Do BOOBS bounce on the MOON? 3 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  60
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions