Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Bronco Bama Wins. Flawless Victory.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 246 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:17:00 PM PST
AndrewA says:
It is almost every time but you never know. Better to count them all and be right than not count them all and be wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:23:10 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
Almost anything can have a negative impact on society, depending on who decides what is a negative impact. In that case we might as well tax everything, like have a 1% national sales tax. It's about time the government stop trying to manipulate people's behavior and the way they spend/invest their money with targeted taxes, especially considering that the people who make these decisions are mostly incompetent.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:20:23 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
And video games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:18:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 4:37:48 PM PST
OMG!!!...What would happen to the great City of Boston in the event that these "vices" were taxed into oblivion in this city and this state???....I shudder to think of the consequences!!! I have very rarely run into anybody that doesn't smoke or drink!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:16:12 PM PST
Well how about we only tax things that can have negative societal impact like booze, cigarettes, and marijuana.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:40:08 PM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
Right, of course. Just as far as the outcome being any different though - thought that was a done deal.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:39:17 PM PST
AndrewA says:
They still count all the votes even if one wins early.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:27:08 PM PST
It sounds like sheer heaven!!!...Let's make sure it's on the ballot next time!!! winks*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:24:25 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
Wouldn't it be nice? You wouldn't have fill out a federal income tax form anymore unless you were self employed. I know I sure don't look forward to that every February (I do mine early because I get a refund).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:12:55 PM PST
"I would like a low flat tax rate on income, but also eliminating all deductions, credits and loopholes."

Me too!!!...Fuzzy Bear!!! winks*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:09:17 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
I would like a low flat tax rate on income, but also eliminating all deductions, credits and loopholes. Everybody pays, because that's what is truly fair. They should also do the same with corporate taxes, so we don't get situations like a few years ago where G.E. didn't pay anything. Lower or eliminate capital gains tax. Don't tax individual products at all, like gasoline, which the federal government does tax. Then add a 1 or 2 percent federal sales tax, which should bring in a significant amount of money without having too much of an impact on commerce.

On the other side of the picture, in order to cut spending and maybe bring the deficit down to a reasonable level, freeze the budget for the next 3 years. Make a law eliminating the automatic increases that are built in to some programs. A law that requires that Congress must pass a budget every single year, instead of these continuation measures, or they don't get paid for that year. A Constitutional Amendment that Congress cannot touch the Social Security trust fund for any reason, ever. No more borrowing from it to try to make the deficit look lower. Put the payroll tax back where it was because lowering it 2 percent for the last few years just made it so that SS will go broke sooner. Raise the age for eligibility for Social Security and Medicare to 68, raising to 69 in 10 years, and 70 in 20 years, no exceptions. People are living longer and work longer too. End the war in Afghanistan NOW. That will save a lot of money and lives.

I think it's time to take this debt issue seriously and we need leaders who will do so instead of just pandering to whatever groups of people they like to pander to. We can't keep growing the debt at a rate faster than the economy grows or it will be a disaster at some point. Unfortunately because people just keep voting the same politicians in who have failed to deal with this issue, we will likely continue to see failure. It's funny how people say Congress is doing a horrible job, with a 10% approval rating or something in that range, but keep voting for the same old people time and time again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:54:25 PM PST
Don't even joke about that, I still remember the great headache of the Bush/Gore fiascal of 2000.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:51:23 PM PST
We need a nice flat tax for incomes. The federal government doesn't tax consumer products.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:49:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 1:49:58 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
Yes that's what I'm saying. Enough individual products are taxed as it is, on top of income, FICA, capital gains, property, sales, and numerous other taxes. It would be nice to see taxation simplified rather than made more complex with more targeted taxes on specific goods and services, and not others. Some words...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:46:05 PM PST
I just think it would be funny if there was a recount. And thanks to everyone who pointed out that Obama would have won either way, I was well aware.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:42:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 1:43:34 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Yeah, I was hearing that on the radio. I started laughing so hard. They said, though, that even though it was so close that ultimately a recount in Florida wouldn't affect the overall election results.

Edit: Repeatedly ninja'd.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:42:24 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
It'd be nice if it was voter incompetence this time instead of malfeasance.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 1:41:29 PM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
I thought that once 270 electoral votes was hit - that guy is the winner - end o story.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 1:41:15 PM PST
SMH says:
"Bronco Bama Wins. Flawless Victory. "

Technically, for a flawless victory wouldn't he have had to win every state?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:40:36 PM PST
SMH says:
This recount is a different story though. This isn't because of some error or anything, just because the vote is very close. Like others have said, it doesn't matter anyway, but it's unfair to blame this on some kind of voter incompetence.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:34:38 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
They can recount all they want. Without Florida in the mix, Obama is still over 100 electoral votes ahead.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:20:24 PM PST
But think of all the people who don't remember, we have to educate them with a recount. A long and pointless recount.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:19:03 PM PST
Technically there are still votes to tally so things could change but it is pretty freakin silly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:16:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 1:16:59 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
The 29 votes from Florida would still make Romney short of the 270 needed by 35.

Edit: Semi-ninsplosion'd.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:15:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 1:17:20 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
At least it doesn't matter this time.

Ugh, remember the hanging and pregnant chads? I'm sorry if you do.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  246
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions