ACDelco Radiators & Heating Components Shop Men's Watches Cloud Drive Photos nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums belkin Fire TV Stick Beauty Videos Introducing Handmade Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer wdftv wdftv wdftv  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Persona 4 Discussion **SPOILERS**

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 45 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 4, 2012 12:35:33 PM PST
After playing P4, I may open and play my copy of P3P.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 12:14:33 PM PST
Aku says:
Well it'd also be a better place to start because he already has FES. After sinking in maybe ten hours on P3, he may decide it's not for him and avoid purchasing Golden.

Hopefully he'll notice this little protip here, if it even works: make back-up saves often with the PSN version of FES. Apparently the save can go braindead at any time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 12:09:53 PM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
I agree FES is the better starting point all things being equal, but he just seems eager to play a Vita game on his Vita and I don't see any harm in playing P4 Golden first if thats the case.

Its true he could be "spoiled" by some of the enhancements but if he actually beats P4 I would say he is either hooked or not by that point. There is nothing gameplay/story wise that should make him be required to clear 100 hrs worth of playtime in order to get to the game he actually wants to play.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 11:57:51 AM PST
Aku says:
I would disagree with this. P3 FES is a better place to start, as you won't be spoiled by the oodles of generally improved gameplay changes Golden has beforehand, and the gameplay in FES itself is still very good.

Or he could play P3P on the Vita, even though it's a PSP game and kinda got neutered during the remake process.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 11:12:21 AM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Are you talking about P3 FES? That is one of the best games of all time. If you really want to play the Vita, I say go ahead and play P4 Golden first. It really is the best game out of all of them and I don't think you will miss out on anything by playing it first. It will probably actually inspire you to play the others right after.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 10:47:01 AM PST
HA! Mission Accomplished.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 10:20:43 AM PST
UnderDogs says:
Crap you just reminded me that I have a Persona game on my PS3 I have to play. I bought it and with my backlog totally forgot about it. Well it looks like maybe I should play that one first but I wanted something for my Vita.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:39:16 AM PST
Breeze says:
I've been playing P3P (Persona 3 Portable) at work and P4G at home (don't have internet access at work, so I can only do the rescue thing at home). The only difference quality-wise to me is the cutscenes (available to rewatch at any time) in P4G and the ability to take screenshots of them. While a major difference is that in P4G you move your character in a 3D environment during the day while P3P has you moving a cursor around a 2D map, the cursor method feels more efficient and has its own charms that make the two about on par with eachother, and the dungeon traversing is 3D in both. If you aren't 100% on the series or don't want to spend full price for a Persona experience right now, P3P is a good way to go.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:29:14 AM PST
Breeze says:
Yesterday I made a huge mistake and wound up spending all my dosh (feel free to replace with your preferred slang for money) at the compendium by first trying to get a request done and then trying to replace the personas needed for s. link boosts and picking the most expensive ones as I still hadn't finished the dungeon yet and needed a fighting team. From now on, I'll try to first do the request (television is my main source of income, so I don't want to waste a day returning to it if I end up spending too much), then finish the dungeon, and then and only then will I replace needed s. link personas using the cheapest available.

Oh well, just means another day or two offering aid to people who happen to be playing during the odd hours I play.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:26:32 AM PST
I would recommend Persona 3 as well, but I still recommend Persona 4 The Golden too....maybe later if you have to wait.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:25:37 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Get Persona 3 instead, truly a 100 hour game that wont cost you 40 bucks, at least I hope not.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:21:38 AM PST
UnderDogs says:
Man I have $40 eating a hole in my PSN account wallet right now... Maybe I'll pick it up tonight and update my thoughts if I do.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:18:11 AM PST
I think the best part about having this 100 hour game is the fact that, while not only is it an awesome game to begin with, but now you can play it anywhere! I think thats the best part to me is that I can put in 30 minutes here and there and before I know it, I am most of the way through the game.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:07:47 AM PST
UnderDogs says:
So I haven't picked this game up yet but last night I read the IGN review and watched the 25+ min. interview with the guy from Atlus demoing it for them... I think I might be on the verge of picking it up at this point.

I've pretty much played all the games I want to at this point on the Vita so I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a 100 hour game since not too many games are coming out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 6:05:47 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I tend to do my rescue on the first day available. Over the past two days I've worked my way up to the final floor of the second rescue. Now I'm just grinding for a bit to level up the new personas I picked up so I can fuse them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:49:45 PM PST
Bulbachutwo says:
Ah, sweet. I'll have to work on her than. Just 10'ed Yukiko, so I have to focus elsewhere now.

Also, I just bought a book that gives me double the reading speed, so I read 2 chapters at a time!! I'm excited about this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:48:40 PM PST
Bulbachutwo says:
Unless I'm not seeing something, which is possible, they don't tell you specifically on the calendar (you are right, there is a calendar) which day to watch the MC, but after playing for a few days you can infer it. Plus the in-game characters and your inner dialog usually tell you if it's coming up soon. Again, it's hard to go over the time alloted to save someone unless you absolutely ignore going into the TV.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 9:47:00 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
I checked through the Neogaf forums and found what I had read. Apparently if you raise Rise's Social Link all the way up and take her to some hot springs she will become extremely useful. Somewhere along the way she gains a resurrection ability and can grant buffs during battles as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:53:05 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
You can see the weather forecast but I haven't been able to see more than a week at a time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:52:16 AM PST
OP says:
Odd, I thought the game had a calendar you could look at for weather forecasts. And if I recall, it should have had an icon on the date of the next airing of the Midnight Channel.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:52:11 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Hm, well perhaps I read it wrong. I will have to go back and read it again so I can make sure I read it right.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:47:39 AM PST
Bulbachutwo says:
I think the rain is 2 or 3 days. However, it can rain for a few days, so long as it clears up before evening you don't have to worry about fog. The game does a decent job of keeping you informed on when time is running out. My suggestion is as soon as a new mystery pops up, jump in for the first day or two and knock it out. It shouldn't take you more than 1 or 2 tries, 3 at most. Then you'll usually have a week or two before the fog sets in to work on SL or grinding or whatever else... Like fishing 0.o

So you don't typically have to worry about anyone dying before you can save em, unless you absolutely ignore it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:44:17 AM PST
Bulbachutwo says:
Yea, they get quicker as you go on. It might not seem like it, but this game gives you a LOT of time to get things done. You probably won't finish it all in one playthrough also (There is a New Game + option in this game) but you'll be able to get a lot done, so don't worry about it. For Social Links, I'm 33 hours in, mid-low 30's, and here are my SL levels (With names withheld for spoiler reasons):

So you'll definitely be able to work on them, and my list is also after screwed up a bit... I thought that when it said "You are not close to reaching the next SL level with so-and-so" (Or something similar to that) it ment I had to wait for the storyline to progress before I could work on it some more. So I ended up wasting some time before I figured out how dum I am.

As far as Rise goes...

She joins you eventually, but she takes Teddie's spot instead of being a playable character... At least that's what is going on so far.

I wouldn't recommend killing off your toon, because it means a game over. I'm pretty sure no one can revive you after death, even with magic like that. I could be wrong though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:42:59 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Oh really? I honestly have no idea since I'm not that far into the game and this is my first time playing. I just saw that mentioned on another forum. Supposedly using the ability(however you can) makes dungeons extremely easy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:41:42 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
I think the fog sets in after 3 consecutive days of rain.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Capcom Humble Bundle 36 47 seconds ago
Dark Souls 3 Beta is Now Available On PS4, Here's How to Play 2 1 minute ago
PS4 Console Exclusive Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir Gets New Screenshots Showcasing Characters and More 3 2 minutes ago
OT: Democratic Presidential Debate 2 3 minutes ago
God of War 3 Remastered Is $20 47 20 minutes ago
Would you be ok with the price of AAA games going up to $80... 171 27 minutes ago
Remember the rumors of the Beast Computer? 1 28 minutes ago
Bloodborne Game of the Year Edition 85 32 minutes ago
PS4 or Xbox One, which console has the best value? Only an hour to decide 131 34 minutes ago
Weekly Gaming >10/12-10/15< 54 37 minutes ago
Must be a prime member to buy thoruhg Amazon? 125 38 minutes ago
Used games sold by Amazon. 32 43 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  45
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions