Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:41:28 PM PST
Montana weather sucks... Period

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:39:05 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
My wife's family is from Ohio...

The shame is great, I know.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:38:06 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Oh, God... I watched that video. I thought I was listening to a sermon until he said "And that's why as your representative..."

Those thousands of people petitioning to amicably secede from the union?

Let them have it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:36:43 PM PST
I almost went to Oberlin and would have then had to set foot in Ohio. Dodged that bullet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:31:02 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
That's because you're in Ohio - my condolences, by the way.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:27:18 PM PST
Only republicans dont believe in G/W...coincidence?! I think not

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:07:47 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
UT has bipolar weather as well. It was around 70 a week or so ago and now it is 20 with snow outside.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:59:23 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
We were able to have a nice outdoor birthday party for my son yesterday, blessed with a near 70 degree day in November.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:58:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 1:00:05 PM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
That's why on a warm day you go to a lake with a dock and run and jump off of it. Or get in a canoe with a cooler full of beer and go down a river, stopping along the way to swim, and explore the forest. Or go to the beach and swim. Or go water-skiing, wake-boarding, just any type of boating.

Put a lawn chair under some shade and start up the grill. Go to an outdoor concert. Go to the local dirt track and watch some racin'. Go to a car show. Go - and do anything that is done because it is warm out. I love a warm, or hot day. Lot's to do because it's not freezing balls outside. That's just me though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:54:19 PM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
We live in a world where they skip 13 when naming floors. What did you expect?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:07:36 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
They all just think we're living in the game From Dust.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:06:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 1:03:26 PM PST
No silly!!! Mother Nature controls the weather!!!...Yet quite fair weathered i think mostly!!!

FOGE says:
I picture it more like a kid playing Sim City. Jersey Shore! I hate you! Lets see you GTL a Hurricane

McAwesomeo says:
More from the article. Which, by the way, is totally worth reading.

"These are the people who are helping to set our country's science policy. The committee is currently considering bills on nuclear energy, rare earth metals, biofuels, cybersecurity, and a response to the current drought. It's also responsible for the budgets of groups like NASA and the National Science Foundation. Recent hearings have focused on tech transfers from universities, as well as NASA's commercial crew efforts.

In short, the committee can play a key role in setting the science and technology agenda, and help inform the entire House about key technological issues. Currently, nearly 10 percent of its members are on record as dismissing science, or being outright suspicious of the people doing it."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:04:42 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
What god controls? Do religious people really think that god is the director from the Truman Show? Sitting in front of a giant control center for Earth where he micro-manages everything from wind to rain to flower growth while wearing an obnoxiously stupid beret? How is that even a feasible statement for a grown adult to make?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:04:09 PM PST
aidenraine says:
68 here, today. last week was in the low 30's, and even saw some light snow.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:01:38 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Nuh uh! Da Gubbermints tells me otherwise!

http://arstechnica.com/staff/2012/10/editorial-meet-a-science-committee-that-doesnt-get-science/

"Take the Committee's chair, Texas' Ralph Hall. When asked about the evidence that humans were altering the climate, Hall replied, "I don't think we can control what God controls." When it was pointed out to him that the National Academies of Science disagreed with his position, Hall basically accused them of being in it for the money. "They each get $5,000 for every report like that they give out."

His evidence? "That's just my guess. I don't have any proof of that.""

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:58:23 AM PST
Thanks for the succinct summation, MrFoxhound. People need to stop cherry-picking their beliefs based on politics. There is new and stronger evidence that most of the warming observed over the last 50 years is attributable to human activity.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:12:19 AM PST
Benpachi says:
I had a foot of snow in my yard Thursday morning, it was almost entirely gone yesterday. Crazy weather.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:31:13 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
It was in the 60s over the weekend which was great. Today it plummeted down to the low 30s. It was supposed to snow overnight but it apparently did not, which makes me happy. I really should get my car's ABS fixed before it snows. Or finally get rid of my beater and get a new(er) used car.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:23:18 AM PST
Ice King says:
LOL! I wasn't even thinking of my screen name when I wrote that. I guess it fits even better than I thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:16:07 AM PST
FOGE says:
I dont care what it looks like outside when I spend all day gaming with the blinds closed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:14:56 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Breaking News: Ice King hates hot weather. Candy Kingdom is shocked.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:14:13 AM PST
Ice King says:
Same here, but those few hours when it was snowing pretty heavy and everyone was trying to get home were pretty scary. Even though I'm used to driving in the snow it was still a stressful ride home and I fishtailed a few times even though I was going fairly slow.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  42
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions