Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Change to Steam's submission process; All games must go through Greenlight

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 13, 2012 2:18:20 PM PST
I'm not sure how I feel about this other than the hilarity of blocking the next Call of Duty game.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/about/?appid=765%25A7ion=faq

Who should submit their games to Steam Greenlight? Is there another way to submit my game to Steam?

Steam Greenlight has replaced our previous submission process. Any developer or publisher who is new to Steam and interested in submitting their game to the platform should submit their game through Steam Greenlight.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 2:20:18 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
"Who is new to Steam" That statement doesn't block CoD.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 2:24:20 PM PST
Unfortunately, a number of developers who already have games on Steam ( thus, not new) are reporting that they are having to go through Greenlight for their new games. Be that as it may, I would suggest that you not focus too much on that tongue-in-cheek comment about Call of Duty.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 2:30:52 PM PST
I'd like more info on this. There's no way that STEAM is allowing their community to select their entire catalog. I'd wager that STEAM Greenlight is an all-encompassing approval process that includes both a submission system for games that will require a vote and also games that don't. They probably just integrated their old approval process into Greenlight.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 4:43:38 PM PST
This makes more sense.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 4:48:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 9:53:33 PM PST
Ryan says:
Nvm. Moving along.

Might work if Valve makes the right adjustments to the current system. I'm just not sure if it applies to everyone or just indie developers/publishers.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:13:49 PM PST
Good article. Too bad it's about two months late.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions