Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Can someone please fill me in?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 20, 2013 8:19:32 PM PST
Prankster says:
It wasn't possible for me to catch the Sony conference due to it being 4 AM here and I am looking through sites like IGN and Joystiq but there's a lot of stuff there and they haven't been to expand on their stories yet.

I know the PS4 was announced but is that going to be the official name? Also, which games are confirmed and were any trailers shown?

What are the new PSN features announced and how will the transition from the PS3 to the PS4 in that regard be handled?

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 8:25:10 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Can you read the Playstation meeting thread?

It will be called PS4.

The major games announced were new Killzone, new Infamous, some cartoony game, Diablo 3, Watch Dogs, Driveclub, Un-announced FF game, and the Witness.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:27:11 PM PST
Prankster says:
I can but there's like 800 posts in there. I guess I will try to go through that.

Any word on the price or release date other than holiday 2013? Also, is the console as powerful as the rumors were saying? And I don't know if this question can make sense right now but looking at the specs, will they be different from the PS3 in the sense that developers will find it easier to program games for the PS3 now?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:31:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 8:32:07 PM PST
Zak Iarih says:
Deep Down looked good as well

Event Highlights
www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7QhUL8NUK4

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:32:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 8:38:51 PM PST
Official name is PS4. No price yet. Release date is Holiday 2013. It's suppose to be a system by developers and for developers if I remember right, meaning it's suppose to be easy for the developers.

Games: Watchdogs, Knack, Driveclub, The Witness, Diablo 3, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Infamous: Second Son, and Deep Down.

That controller you saw last week? It's real. Less lag and better rumble.

You can play games while they are being downloaded.

Not everything, but that's a general idea.

http://www.ign.com/ps4

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:33:28 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:35:47 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:34:56 PM PST
I missed it too, but here are a couple of synopses that I found helpful, just for starters:

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps4-news/157.html
http://kotaku.com/5985759/sony-announces-the-playstation-4

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:36:49 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Yeah it looked alright, kind of a combination of Dragon's Dogma and the Souls games.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:38:31 PM PST
I have a feeling Sony will price it at least $400-450, I can't see them trying to release another much higher price like what happened when the PS3 first came out.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 8:38:44 PM PST
Prankster says:
Thanks for the help guys. I will read through the links you have all shared.

Just one last question, are you all impressed and excited or was it a disappointment for you / did not meet your expectations after taking everything in? Also, I know I said just one, but they aren't shifting focus like MS did with Kinect right?

Thanks again. Can't wait for Star Wars now because that definitely seems like one for the next gen.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:40:11 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:35:47 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:41:07 PM PST
I hope so. My wallet can't take a big hit like that again.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:44:38 PM PST
My interest has definitely been raised. Have to see the prices and games that come out at launch, but there's a high chance that I will get one on launch day.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:45:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 8:47:20 PM PST
Prankster says:
Originally meaning before the conference? Because whatever I am hearing so far has me impressed what with the hardware and their plans to have all developers on board. The new inFamous game seems cool too though I wonder how I will feel playing as someone other than Cole and not having him in the game.

Also, the only thing I am waiting for now is the Playstation World or PS+ info. I hope they make it as awesome as PS+ has been till now.

I won't get one launch day for sure since I can't afford it but hopefully I can hold out till next Black Friday and get a bundle. College will make sure of that anyway I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:45:40 PM PST
Well, since I've owned every Sony console to date, I'm sure I'll get this one eventually, but I haven't seen anything yet that would convince me to buy it at launch. Feeling a little underwhelmed at this point personally, but I'm sure that will change when more games are detailed.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:50:15 PM PST
Prankster says:
More RPGs will probably change your mind Classic. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:50:47 PM PST
Yep, that'll do it. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:55:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 8:55:44 PM PST
Prankster says:
Haha! That Watch Dogs trailer had me gawking at the screen the whole time. I can't WAIT for that game. And if it does release on this gen and next gen consoles, I will buy it twice!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:57:07 PM PST
Zak Iarih says:
I was disappointed for awhile then the presentation really picked up and ended up being pretty impressed once it was all said done, your move Microsoft

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:58:45 PM PST
I know man! That game looks soooo awesome!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 9:01:17 PM PST
DVvM says:
Those take some time to come out, usually. So it might be a reason to buy one in 2015, it's not looking good for 2013.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 9:01:33 PM PST
Prankster says:
I was already excited after seeing the E3 trailer but the one I saw just now where you don't have any mission or objectives was just...wow!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 9:01:40 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:35:48 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 9:03:55 PM PST
DVvM says:
I don't know if that sounds like a good thing.

Since I like a little bit of structure in my games. It's why I don't like Minecraft or the Sims.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 9:05:21 PM PST
Prankster says:
You can never say. I feel there will be some coming out next year for sure. I mean if they are going to release this console in Japan, the first thing they are going to need to develop is RPGs.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions