Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Borderlands 2 question: New Game +

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 7, 2013 11:03:51 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:34:31 PM PDT]

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 4:05:52 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
You can change back and forth between true vault hunter and normal mode. I had to do the same thing with my gunzerker because I had a broken quest. I was able to go back and finish it when they patched it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 4:33:08 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
like donkey said, you can start new game plus and to switch, just select a new character then re-select your original character and you will be asked if you want to do normal or true vault hunter.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 8:38:17 AM PST
waxc3 says:
you dont even have to select a new character. just click Character Select (Y button on xbox while on the main menu).

DD i say go right to that new game plus for more xp and better loot.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 9:07:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 9:07:52 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
For the record, you can't finish all the sidequests anyway since Terramorphus counts and you need to be 50 to take him on, so just start TVHM imo.

Did you get the DLC?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:11:29 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
as long as you have 3 other players are level 50, it will be ok.

but i agree, do the DLC and then start TVHM

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:11:53 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
thanks for the info. I was doing it the longer way.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 9:12:24 AM PST
K Archer says:
I always skip the Hyperion Circle of Slaughter in Normal Mode...its just so hard on your own until you're a few levels into TVHM (or have a REALLY good Corrosive gun. Although what always kills me are the Surveyors...I hate them.) The last round of the Creature Slaughter Dome can be very difficult too; that Pyro Thresher is just...ugh, I hate it.

And, of course, you can't take on Terra until lv50 (and with his new health boost you almost certainly need help too)

But yeah, just like the others have said, just reload your character and select the mode you want to play in.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:27:32 AM PST
waxc3 says:
anytime :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:28:19 AM PST
waxc3 says:
post patch Terra destroyed me! i use to beat him in less than 5 seconds.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:29:42 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
i finally got some Bee shields and now they are worthless.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 12:04:26 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Btw, I just re-read your OP, play the DLC in TVHM, the enemies in the DLC are capped around level 30 i think if you play in regular mode, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

In TVHM they level up with you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:11:28 PM PST
JO MOMMA says:
level 30 on normal with the boss fights at 32-36. level 52 on TVHM

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:15:21 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:34:32 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:17:38 PM PST
K Archer says:
No they're not. I still use my Bees very effectively, but it is more circumstantial.
All you can't do is use them with multi-shot guns (Shotguns, double/triple shot SMGs/ARs/Pistols/Pitchfork, etc) or Tediore reloads. Any single-shot (doesn't matter burst, auto or semi-auto) gun still gets the full benefit.

Its most effective on very shield-focused builds; for example, my Siren. Tons of shield buffs from skills and BA ranks result in nearly double the capacity and the delay is around a third the listed value. Add a good elemental SMG and things fall in seconds. My Assassin has a Bee too, but that's only used against bosses I can't stab to death easily or things in the air; his primary shield is an absolutely amazing Hide of Terra (I have two; he's got the better one. My Mechro has the "worse" one for DT)

Yeah, the Baby Maker + Bee and Conference Call + Bee tactics are useless; a good SMG (Hellfire or Plasma Caster especially), AR (lots of choices there), Pistol (again, tons of choices, but have to watch out for double pistols more) or Sniper (just no Pitchfork) will still be absolutely deadly with the Bee.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:20:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 12:21:20 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Yeah, you just press Y on the main menu, select your charatcer than it will ask you to choose which mode you want to load, you can switch whenever you want.

I hear you about the Santuary part, the first few hours of BL2 are pretty boring. It's worth it though for the extra EXP though imo.

Edit: Luckily I was already past Sanctuary in my NG+ when the DLC started, I never actually tried it normal mode, so I'm not 100% sure myself how it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:20:42 PM PST
K Archer says:
I know the Pirate DLC caps at 30 (Hyperious and Gee were 32, standard for bosses to be cap+2). I think Torgue is the same.

The next DLC (one more week!) is supposed to start at a higher level (I can't remember if it starts at 30 or 35...) and is supposed to be played after the main game, so I bet its cap is around 40 or so...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:22:27 PM PST
Benpachi says:
Terramorphus totally owns my level 50 assassin. One of these days I need to recruit some people to help me kill that bastidge.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:26:18 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I still haven't even hit 50, should get it during the Hammerlock DLC.

I might be down for trying him eventually, wouldn't mind the achievement.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:27:24 PM PST
Benpachi says:
Cool, I'll gladly try it with you any time you like. I'm sure we can round up a full party if we have too much trouble.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:28:07 PM PST
K Archer says:
I haven't tried him since the patch, but he was easy when you stayed behind the rock...until the Rock Tentacles came out. Those things suck.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 1:20:29 PM PST
Benpachi says:
Yeah, that was what always killed me. I would try to quick snipe the tentacles and keep moving, but I never lasted long.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 1:32:07 PM PST
K Archer says:
I don't know any real way to avoid those things other than shoot them quick and hope for the best lol. Having a partner helps a lot too

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 2:27:21 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
You need different guns. I gunzerk with 2 redundent fribbers or double penetarting harolds and crush everything. You have to make sure to bounce the bullets off the ground with the fibbers though. A friend and me were beating Pete in less than 2 minutes last night but we both have the money shot build for our gunzerkers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 2:28:20 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
I'm down if you're on the 360. We'll take him out in minutes.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions