Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Okay, I am seriously going to finish Planescape: Torment. Which mods, tips, and tricks should I employ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 12, 2013 5:51:17 PM PDT
Any ideas?

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 5:51:33 PM PDT
Hey says:
Just have fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 6:21:08 PM PDT
Pay attention to that wonderful story.

That's all I got.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 4:40:09 AM PDT
So modding this game requires DLing mods and actually entering command lines.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 7:58:04 AM PDT
Sparhawk says:
The resolution one is about the only one that's really important. As for the rest...decide something and don't second-guess yourself. At least not to the point of reloading to make a different decision. This is not a game with a right answer.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 9:28:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2013 9:29:04 AM PDT
DVvM says:
Doesn't modding every game require that?

/me is old.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 9:30:23 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Try this: http://www.destructoid.com/weekend-modder-s-guide-planescape-torment-220265.phtm l

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 9:32:35 AM PDT
Haha, no. Most modern ones are just "extract this into the game's [data, sound, whatever] folder" and are quite simple.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 9:33:25 AM PDT
I'll check this out, thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 9:35:05 AM PDT
DVvM says:
Oh, some of us haven't really gamed on a PC seriously in quite some time. Keep that in mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 9:39:42 AM PDT
I wasn't laughing at you not knowing about current mods, I was laughing at you saying you're old.

Believe me, I know you haven't PC gamed in a while...remember I'm the one always telling you to upgrade! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 9:45:59 AM PDT
Yeah, Planescape Torment was the game that introduced me for the first time ever to hex-editing. I became really really good at it, then promptly forgot it all and never used it again.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 9:50:38 AM PDT
Athas says:
Let me know how it goes... this is my next pc game on my backlog that I want to tackle. I was leaning towards the one listed on GoG, since I have their version, and it was similar to the mods I employed in Baldur's gate.

http://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide/0

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 9:59:56 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Now that's a cool feature for GoG to do. Very interested in modding/updating all these older isometric RPGs I never got to.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 10:17:40 AM PDT
Yeah I'm using a guide on GoG as well. Got the resolution mod installed, gonna try the UI one again tonight.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions