Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Best way to catch a lightning deal

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2012 11:02:08 AM PST
Renoreigns says:
Judging by some of the deals I've seen snagged in the forums, I figured there is something I'm doing wrong. The minute the deal starts i click on it and it tells me 100% claimed. It's almost impossible that every single person is clicking faster than me. You guys have any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 11:03:59 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Just get on the waitlist and wait it out.

I was able to get pretty much everything I wanted even when my chances were "poor"

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 11:07:23 AM PST
Renoreigns says:
Couple people I was talking to in another forum told me that people put stuff in their cart and wait for the price drop. Does that work?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 11:09:19 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
they probably only have 5 available. its not like they are selling the entire stock at that price. Just keep hitting refresh a minute before the deal starts and hope to get it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 11:09:26 AM PST
FOGE says:
Try holding a big metal pole up towards the sky.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 11:18:59 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Try touching yourself right when the deal starts.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 11:19:39 AM PST
FOGE says:
That only works at night.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 11:20:50 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
I dont do anything different than you except when it is about to strike 0 i refresh the page and go right to that item so i see the add to cart symbol (sometimes it takes a second to load and those are precious) and i have never missed on a deal, never have to wait i just go to cart and buy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 11:22:31 AM PST
Mel says:
open chrome, firefox and ie. Click on the deal on all of them the second it goes live.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 11:34:34 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
I've given up. I keep getting a "oops" server error message when I try to buy something that is one of their deals. It has happened 3 times today and I've lost my patience. Very angry Bully.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 11:41:07 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I was able to get every lightning deal I tried for over the last few days - 4 of them I think. The trick is to watch the countdown and click on the button as soon as it shows up. Not a trick at all really. Luckily I wasn't ever trying for two that popped at the same time.

Last year I did the same thing but some lightning deals sold out in nanoseconds. This year was much more reasonable.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 11:44:42 AM PST
FOGE says:
Yeah, that mirrors my experience for both years.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 11:45:04 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
Woot! Just got a sound bar for only $38.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 12:37:21 PM PST
The lightning deals kind of suck. Bittersweet missed out on getting a broomstick shaped like a dildo because it went to fast and Oskar missed out on an inflate-a-date because he was too slow. Maybe if they were a bit more swift.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 1:13:19 PM PST
There hasn't been one lightning deal I've wanted that I haven't gotten.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 1:14:44 PM PST
Mel says:
Amazon makes it easy to pass on lightening deals

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 1:26:18 PM PST
Renoreigns says:
Appreciate the help fellas. I was able to grab brave on blu-ray for my daughter and unstoppable on blu-ray for $4.00
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Nov 26, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions