Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Multiplayer Games with Bots for practice

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 16, 2013 10:09:31 AM PDT
JAW88-06 says:
VGF...I would like to find some good MP games that have Bots which allow you to practice before you face the on-line competition. Suggestions?

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 10:11:47 AM PDT
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/6/29/

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 10:14:00 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
Killzone 3

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 10:17:57 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 16, 2013 10:21:30 AM PDT]

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 10:19:57 AM PDT
COD Blops 1 & 2 (in blops only FFA and TDM in BLOPS 2 almost every gamemode)
Gears of War 2 & 3
Killzone

those are the only recent ones I can recall
IMO all games that have multiplayer should have bots to practice with

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 10:20:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2013 10:28:58 AM PDT
JAW88-06 says:
Thanks for the initial suggestions...I should add that I'm primarily looking for the PS3 and 360. Also any non shooters that may have BOTS (Assassins Creed, etc)

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 2:53:13 AM PDT
Counterstrike Go is a game I've been really liking. First person shooter where you have to complete certain objects as either terrorists or counter-terrorists, like rescuing hostages, counter-terrorists, or planting bombs, terrorists, with weapons and armor, in certain game modes, having to be bought by the player before each round. I've only played against bots, but it has a multiplayer option too if you want to upgrade from bots. When you take damage it matters, since you don't regenerate health, and it forces you to play more tactically than most modern day shooting games. I'd play the xbox arcade trial before you buy it though, which will give you 35 minutes of the full game, because it's one of those games you'll either really like or really hate with no middle ground.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 8:35:30 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Bots really aren't that good for practice. It might help you get the hang of the controls, but in terms of learning the other essential skills to survive getting your ass fragged and (tea) bagged, you really can't replace just playing other people.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 8:47:11 AM PDT
Marauder JJ says:
Bad Company 2 Onslaught mode.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 11:54:26 AM PDT
WesCyde says:
If you want to go real far back in the day when the PS3 first came out Unreal tournament 3 has this feature

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 12:06:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2013 12:06:49 PM PDT
I would agree bots aren't that great when it comes to practice but playing COD black ops on nuketown, 1 vs 9, is decent to get your head in the game before playing online.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 12:12:41 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:36:18 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 5:29:18 PM PDT
You've never played UT/2k4/3 on Godlike. Loque DOES NOT MISS. In the files that make up that bot, he has a 100% accuracy modifier on the highest difficulty.
In order to beat him, you need perfect map knowledge, perfect aim, and perfect reflexes.

Sure, if you're playing on, "drool from both sides at the same time," difficulty, you might have a point. But some bots will push you as hard as any human player can, or worse.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 5:39:06 PM PDT
Noble Seven says:
You are wrong because if you set bot difficulty to a higher level, it may present a stiffer challenge.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Why Conservative Christians Fear the Affirmation of Transgender Identity: Accepting the very existence of trans* people is an act that threatens conservative Christians' image of G*d. 136 7 seconds ago
Okie Dokie, I've Narrowed It Down To 4 Gaming Laptops. Now It's Time To Choose... 14 1 minute ago
The Success of Ratchet & Clank Proves There is a Place For AAA Platformers This Generation 30 1 minute ago
Florida sheriff says if sodomite Tim Cook refuses to comply with a court order, "I will lock him up" 186 2 minutes ago
The pos Apple Corp is about to report its worst quarter in over a decade due to sinking iPhone sales 41 3 minutes ago
Amazon VGF Street Fighter 5 league 3814 3 minutes ago
Badger's Review: Dark Souls 3 74 3 minutes ago
Boehner calls Cruz `Lucifer in the flesh' 8 3 minutes ago
Hype! EA/DICE just changed it's Battlefield 1942 website image. WW2 Battlefield all but confirmed! 12 4 minutes ago
Dark Souls III Community Help Thread - **Expect Spoilers** 1502 10 minutes ago
Destiny VGF Clan v5.0 6479 11 minutes ago
A young worker apparently commits suicide at Apple's Cupertino campus. Many iPhone workers in China have attempted suicide too 28 18 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Mar 16, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions