Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dark Souls again, lol...SPOILERS!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 251-275 of 822 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 11:43:45 AM PST
SL 80 and your faith is 40? For a faith build, that's pretty good. I don't know about putting anything in str except the bare minimum for your weapon. Put the rest in attunement, end, and vit.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 11:51:24 AM PST
Yeah I bum-rushed faith pretty hard to get all the miracles unlocked. The problem is I screwed myself because I was able to get through NG with very little Vit and End and now I'm pretty much one-shotted everywhere I go, ha ha.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 12:27:39 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
Decided to cruise back and try the Capra again. Bad idea, lol. Now, taking a break and playing.....Demons Souls!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 12:36:33 PM PST
One tactic that I've been able to use with Capra is as soon as you enter the fog door, roll to the right immediately. That should give you a straight shot to run to the stairs. Once you go up, wait for the demon to get to the top level. Drop down, you should have enough time to kill at least one of the 2 dogs. At this time, you should have a much easier time as the Capra attack animations are very slow so you should be able to move away when he starts and get the other hound.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 9:09:00 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
I'll give that a try. I went ahead and started a game of Demons Souls. The Phalanx demon was amazingly easy to defeat. Actually, I think the blue-eyed dudes were more difficult. Made i into the second realm (the Stone-something or another, lol) where I was fireballed to death after opening the first gate. Demons Souls was another game I tried and didnt stick with, but now, I think it's actually pretty easy (at least in comparison to Dark Souls). Anyway, good mix between the two games.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 11:19:03 PM PST
Rang the bell in the tower and feeling pretty pimp.

Now I have to decide to go down the stairs at where I started or go to crazy plant people are where some huge ass golems killed me last time I went.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 11:23:43 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
Take the elevator if you're going back to
firelink. It's on the bottom floor of the chapel.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 6:05:47 AM PST
Well that goat demon killed me in no time. I don't think I'm even going to try to get those 10000 souls back.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 6:15:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 6:15:56 AM PST
There's some pimpin' armor in the area where the statues come to life to attack you which can make early game much easier. if you look up and a little to the right of where the first statue comes to life, you'll see an item. When you go up to it, expect to get ambushed by 3 trees(I think it's 3) and another statue. Run up, grab, then run back far enough to take the trees out and then you can deal with statue number 2.

Also, Capra is the hardest boss in the game when you add in the fact that you are generally going to be low level when fighting him the first time.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 6:15:34 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I'm having a PITA time with this game. I keep dying on the rafters at Anor Londo, then when I got past that part, I just died on the ledge where the two Black Knight Dragon Archers are. I hate those friggin guys.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 6:35:02 AM PST
Chris... says:
That is the cheapest, most unfair part of the entire game. The easiest way to make it past that part is to equip poison arrows and hit each knight with arrows until they are poisoned and then just simply wait for them to die. You'll have to watch a YouTube video for the exact spot to stand to be able to hit each of them with your arrows.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 6:54:13 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I would have to go all the way back to Firelink to get poison arrows though, so it's not really worth it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 6:59:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 7:00:16 AM PST
SMH says:
I got through that part just blocking arrows and running right up to the black knights (you may have to roll under an arrow at some point). Once close enough they will stop shooting arrows and will start to melee IIRC. At that point just block and they will fall off the ledge soon enough with one of their swings.

I agree with Chris...this is the cheapest and worst part of the entire game.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:06:52 AM PST
I started my dex build over the weekend. I'm using the bandit's knife or 2-handing an uchigatana because I refuse to raise my str up past 10 (just wanted to be able to equip the dragon crest shield).

I'm trying to go for mostly 2-handed attacks and dodging instead of blocks. It is taking some getting used to since most of my other builds utilize heavy shields.

After killing the gargoyles I had enough souls to get the crest, so I think I'm going to grab the DWGR since I'm building a light armor dex dodging build.

And I started putting some points into RES. Holy crap, Hmph was right, this is a very good stat indeed!

I'm going to raise:

Vit slightly
End to 40
Dex
RES

And leave all other stats base. I think I'll do 3:1 Dex:Res for my point allocation. I took a few hits even at low levels while dodging and I was incredibly surprised how little health came off. I have enough dex that even a stock Uchi kills Balder Knights in a single hit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:41:07 AM PST
Yeah, that is honestly THE hardest part of the game in my opinion. I always generally do the blocking trick, just wedge yourself in a wall and try to block the knights attacks. You have to get close enough to get him to switch to his sword, and from there just pray he falls off before he kills you.

I've tried the poison arrow trick, but every frickin time I do it, they can still hit me while I shoot at them, and that just makes that one annoying as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 8:48:57 AM PST
I'm trying to just have an all around good build but currently I'm struggling to know what stats I should raise.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 8:55:51 AM PST
Sars says:
On the character i plated i had 50 faith and 30 strenth used a fully upgraded man serpant sword. used the darkmoon blade for the bosses.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 8:56:16 AM PST
Spreading your stats too thin will gimp you down the road if you aren't careful. Similar to Demons Souls.

You could always use elemental weapons, but those lose their benefits around the middle or end of NG+.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 8:57:26 AM PST
Sars says:
yeah i played demon souls for 30 minutes and traded it in lol. after i played darksouls i went back to demon souls and enjoyed it alot.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:13:23 AM PST
Chris... says:
Yeah you need to dedicate yourself to a particular build. Spreading your points around to too many skills will harm you in the long run.

Str/Fth and End/Dex are good builds that'll get you through the game. Pyro can be used with any build as the stat requirements to be trained are low but if you start as a pyro you're already set there. You should raise your endurance at least every other time you level until it's at 25-30. IMO endurance is the most important stat in the game.

Str/Fth has been my favorite build. With the exception of the healing miracles, the early miracles that you have access to wont be that great. You'll be able to devastate foes with the stronger miracles you can gain access to later in the game once you meet the faith requirement though.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 3:26:58 PM PST
So I've actually started over to rebuild and start fresh now that I'm a bit more well versed in the game. So far I've done nothing but add to my endurance and making runs for as much equipment as I can find. I've already found a new dragon and hydra. It's a lot of fun running around not caring if I die.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 3:44:55 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
Yep. I'm gonna get some more Demons Souls in this week and then jump back to Dark Souls this weekend. It's actually a nice change of pace going back and forth between the two.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 3:50:23 PM PST
I think I fixed my build (or adjusted to NG+, or both). I farmed souls up another 15 SLs and I pumped VIT and END (I have enough attunement). I grabbed some titanite while farming but I actually stuck with the divine sword (I'm too lazy to start from scratch, lol) and with my added survivability it's kicking butt.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:07:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 10:11:09 PM PST
So after getting the TV back from the wife I finished scavanging and here is what I managed to aquire before leveling up a single stat.

Shortsword
Longsword
Astora's Straight Sword
Straight Sword Hilt
Zweihander
Estoc
Hand Axe
Battle Axe
Morning Star
Spear
Winged Spear
Light Crossbow
Talisman
Cracked Round Shield
Wooden Shield
Grass Crest Shield
Dragon Crest Shield
Hollow Warrior Helm/Armor/waistcloth
Hollow Soldier Waistcloth
Blue Tearstone Ring
Ring of Sacrifice

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 4:00:11 AM PST
Not bad, but where's the Uchigatana? :D
‹ Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 33 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  822
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions