Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Blops 2 Ps3 version looks worse vs the 360 one

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 67 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:54:30 AM PST
Yup. I still enjoy it at least.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:54:51 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Yeah, comparing BF3 PC on ultra settings then going to Blops 2 on PS3 might be a little unfair...only a little :P

It plays great, and looks decent. But in the end of the day it's a 2004 hardware machine. So you got to expect certain things.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:57:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 5:58:44 AM PST
Waldo says:
Graphics wars, console wars, blah blah blah! Do Mario games suck on Wii because graphics don't compare to PS3 or XBox 360? No their fun regardless! Enjoy your console of choice, quit the bashing, and STFU already! Excuse my rant, but people are so annoying when it comes to console wars! It's like grow up already!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:57:38 AM PST
Modern Wolf says:
Hah good old CoD being CoD. Crappy graphics and lame gameplay. Thats why people love you CoD! (apparently)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:59:37 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Actually, the Mario games have nice graphics..for it being an animated cartoon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:00:10 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Black Ops 2 = awesome game play, but mostly crappy graphics. However the detail is great.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:01:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 6:02:37 AM PST
Modern Wolf says:
You think they would use an updated graphics engine. But no! they want to use one from 2004 and try to make it as advanced as possible!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:02:06 AM PST
Waldo says:
Does everyone else seem to agree on here that PS3 owners love Nintendo, XBox owners love Nintendo, but then XBox owners will just bash the heck outta PS3! Kinda odd I think! If we all love games, why bash any company that makes them?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:03:22 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Old engine = smooth, 60FPS game play but crappier graphics.

I would love to see BF3 on the IW 2.1 engine, lmao.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:03:34 AM PST
and PS3 owners bash the 360....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:06:02 AM PST
Modern Wolf says:
No i would hate DICE if they did that. Don't use crappy engines

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:10:08 AM PST
Waldo says:
@ ConvenientTruth

You see more bashing, way more bashing of Xbox owners towards PS3 owners!
Just check out all the video game forum discussions, like 1 new one made everyday

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:10:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 6:17:59 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
It is a shame. Hey, i'm used to it on the PS3. Dealt with this crap initially with Blops, MW3 was not that bad though it wasn't without its launch hickups. I decided last minute to switch my PO because my clan mates on PS3 were not on board at launch, but i had read enough early tuesday from folk and a few people on PSN that it made the decision easier.

The game undoubtedly looks good (not omg the best) and its the best looking CoD to date, from my experience with it on the 360. The MP is hella fun, it really feels like the best of Blops and MW3 and the most balanced iteration i've played in years.

Based on how Blops panned out, i will say a month or so and beyond it was stable. Treyarch will get some fixes out, stabilize the game and from my experience, keep the MP as honest as it can for the series. Blops had its share of exploit, but it was miniscule in comparison to all 3 MW games. When the majority of your disruptions are host migration related, i think you'll be ok.

If any of you have 3D capability, i'm wondering if it'll actually improve the picture quality considerably. I witnessed this with Crysis 2 on the PS3, though i'm unsure if it will further work against the framerate.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:12:15 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
"feels the most balanced iteration i've played in years."

I agree with this. Big time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:15:43 AM PST
It is pretty equal on both sides....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:18:18 AM PST
Really....I felt Blops was pretty balanced (at least compared to MW2) so if this improves on that then I may have to drop the cash and pick it up....I'm still too deep into Halo at the moment to spare the time ( I really wish Halo would have went with their typical September release)...

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:19:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 6:20:47 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
To be honest, if I wanted to try a console I would go for COD.
Since COD is coded for the xbox360 and ported with extreme laziness (or the PS3 is that anal with 3rd parties), there is almost no reason to go for the PS3 version. Inferior graphics, inferior resolution, inferior lighting, inferior framerate, more screen tearing, EXACTLY SAME GAMEPLAY.
That is, if you want to pay the Live fee, which I think is the only reason the PS3 online community is strong and steady as it is.

Where is the bashing? It's a fact just like saying: "The Vita is not doing good at all. Actually its performance sucks right now"

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:20:19 AM PST
Waldo says:
Anyone hear on the news some lil kid when he opened his Blops 2 Hardened Edition there were anal beads inside the box? lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:23:54 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Your argument that BLOPS2 might look much better on the 360 but I couldn't say since I haven't played either. The argument that 90% of muliplats look much better is completely incorrect though. Maybe over 3 years ago but certainly not now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:34:01 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
I've totally changed my stance on this game. It is the best mp ever. I haven't been killed by noob tube in Over ten hours of gameplay, and the pick ten feature is awesome. I'm even starting to like the maps, though it seems cargo is in heavy rotation. Now if it would stop freezing once an hour.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:36:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 6:38:23 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
I have played Cargo 1 time in 9 hours of MP gameplay. I haven't even played Nuketown yet.

I recently discovered that hardcore CTF is the best thing ever. Some epic FPS maps I have seen in MP to date are Yemen, Club (the one at a club), Train Station, and Cargo. All 4 are just ridiculous in level design.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:38:26 AM PST
What's the one in the desert canyon setting? I really like that one.

Nuketown is in its own 24/7 rotation gametype, otherwise it's not in the normal rotation.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:38:42 AM PST
Iso says:
The one thing that still bothers me to this day.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:39:03 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
With the plans all in the middle? No idea what it is called.

Ah that's why I haven't played it. I don't want to play mosh pit.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:41:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 6:43:49 AM PST
Iso says:
EDIT: Welcome to the VGF
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  67
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions