Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Woman fired for racist FB post targeting Obama

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 65 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 10, 2012 6:03:51 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
This is the most classic answer right here: "Ok maybe my part about assasination was a bit harsh" but not the "N" Word?

Also love people that say the 'N" Word like that and then go on to say but i am not racist i have plenty of friends who are of all ethnicity's etc. Ok keep telling yourself that!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:25:14 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
I also use a fake name.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:29:36 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
I call my wife my little honkey momma but that's different. What that chcik did is uncalled for. He is our president and deserves some respect. I would like to know what she thought Mittens would do for her if Obama hasn't done anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:31:45 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Judging by her language?

Be white.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:41:19 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
That's pretty sad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:42:59 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
LOL true!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:44:56 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Yeah, B-Man is already actually pretty white.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:01:11 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
"my little honkey momma" That's cute!

As a white guy, I wouldn't mind, in the least, being referred to as a honkey, or cracka, or whatever. I'd feel kind of left out, if I didn't have a racial slur that applied to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:16:36 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 10, 2012 7:22:38 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 7:17:39 AM PST
When will people learn not to post everything to the world?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:17:57 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I hope you didn't copy and paste that from somewhere, DP.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 9:25:56 AM PST
Dukeshire says:
Private corporations have a right to dictate what their employees can and cannot do. Some even attempt to get their employees to eat healthy and not smoke, so the health care costs won't be so high.

As for comments about the job or employees or even racists rants: It does not make the company look good, and in this hyper-sensitive day and age, bad publicity is not good. If I had a company and someone spouted racist nonsense, the last thing that I want would be the negative publicity and I would fire that person. Working at any job is not a right, it is a privilege.

Finally, Facebook is public domain. Any company has a right to check up on their employees via Facebook. However, I am sure in the future that they will bug their phones, employ cameras and follow you home!

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 9:29:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 9:38:09 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
A company has the right to dictate what their employees can and cannot do while at work or away from work but directly dealing with work. They do not hold any power otherwise over your personal life.

When you keep your Facebook completely public, yeah, you're asking for trouble. If you keep it private, though? Well, I just want to say I'm particularly disturbed by this growing trend I mentioned earlier of employers asking for your FB as part of the interview process.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:36:49 AM PST
Sissy boy....I like the way you "Animate" your posts!!! They P0P and become Sooo much more...interesting to read!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:38:20 AM PST
Voice of god says:
What she did in her personal life affected things at work.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:45:03 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Arguably. If she did it in a Cold Stone Creamery outfit (Did she? I can't watch the vide) I could see the case for it. If she tagged it "Sponsored by cold stone creamery," there'd be a case there. The only correlation is that she's a dirtbag and she happens to work for coldstone, though.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 9:47:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 9:49:27 AM PST
I don't think a lot of ordinary citiZens even realize the serious consequences of their actions half the time!!! For instance...There's a house down the street that has been abandon by the owner who is living in France.

I think about the furniture and antiques left in that house!!!....Let's say that i should enter the property late one night and attempt to salvage some of those items that i see in the window......I would be chased down by police dogs...bitten on the leg...handcuffed thrown into a police car....accused of trespassing...finger printed and booked like a common criminal....

Unfathomable!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:49:42 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I don't think an "ordeinary citiZen" would fathom doing that because it is theft. I don't think they would be surprised when they were arrested for doing so as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:51:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 9:54:00 AM PST
Ooh Guest...It must be nice to be Sooo perfect!! And i didn't spell it "ordeinary citiZen"!!! lol

It was just meant as an EXAMPLE of how "things" can get outta hand that a person never bargained for!!! I'm sure a hardened criminal would have known a better way of handling the situation!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:54:07 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I think it's fairly standard practice for people not to break into other peoples' homes and rummage through their stuff when they're not around.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 9:56:04 AM PST
see what funny about freedom of speech is: people always are afraid of the government repressing it, when really its always the "free market" that does haha

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:56:45 AM PST
Dukeshire says:
But, what if they have really cool stuff? I could use a new TV and easy chair....And I might want to prance around in some lingerie...er, never-mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:56:58 AM PST
Ooh Really??? What's really ludicrous is that people are allowed by law to abandon their property FOREVER...with no consequences...Just let it deteriorate and bring down property values in the neighborhood!!!...

People's actions affect more than just them!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:59:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 10:00:43 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
It's their property. That's the point. Just because you lack a Home Owner's Association to enforce upkeep of the house and yard doesn't mean you suddenly have the right to break in and filch their goods.

Forget the right to bear arms, I think one of the REAL inaliable rights is the right not to have your stuff screwed with without your permission.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 10:01:53 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Crazy broad. I bet she thought Bush was an outstanding president.

I'm not huge on Obama or anything, but this is just asinine.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  65
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions