Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

usps sucks

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 138 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 2, 2012 4:42:39 AM PST
Bobbum Man says:
I ordered games from Best Buy and they shipped with USPS. The package was too big to fit into the mailbox so they sent it back to the post office who then returned it to Best Buy and I lost out on a sweet deal. Great work.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012 4:47:39 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 14, 2013 3:35:44 AM PDT]

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 5:00:59 AM PST
Marc Norton says:
I haven't had any trouble with USPS til now. I ordered an Arcadia Battery Pack. Amazon said I'd get it on Jan 27th according to their tracking. It was outsourced from USPS to Fed-Ex. They said it was in my home town on Jan 26th and would be delivered on the 28th. It's still not here. According to FedEx it's in town, but still "in transit". The delivery date has disappeared. I checked with my local USPS and they said FedEx delivers it to them and then they deliver it to me. They never got it. FedEx says it's here but it ain't here. I contacted Amazon and they said if I didn't get it by tomorrow they'd handle it.

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 5:37:46 AM PST
Bobbum Man says:
At least Amazon has some fantastic customer service and policies. Someone stole a package off my door step once and a few days later Amazon had sent a replacement.

USPS is so bad that I won't order from a site if that is their shipping method.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012 5:43:56 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
So you live in Alaska and you are complaining about Amazon not getting your stuff here on time?

Sounds like 3rd world snow wookie problems to me... You have to accomodate customs, wacky shipping routes, bad weather, etc when you live far away like that...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012 5:44:54 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
You're a horrible troll.

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 5:47:59 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I love Usps.

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 5:52:09 AM PST
bperr says:
literally MILLIONS of packages, day after day after day after day....except sunday.

eh, the ERROR Probability rate is pretty small compared to how much product, that isnt even theirs to start with, they move in a day...WORLDWIDE. And for a sticky little piece paper worth, what is it, 44cents to 20$.....

I think they do a GREAT job. If you dont like them, you live in America, give UPS or FEDEX a call....

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 5:52:28 AM PST
I seriously hate USPS. They are the worst here in STL.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012 6:04:42 AM PST
Bobbum Man says:
You are horrible at contributing to discussions.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012 6:19:57 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Well you were touched by your step father at a young age.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012 6:50:14 AM PST
Bobbum Man says:
Whatever happened to the CBS hit show "Touched by an Angel"?

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 7:20:03 AM PST
Marc Norton says:
It was cancelled during the Catholic priest molestation scandal.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012 7:21:04 AM PST
bperr says:
if thats true, thats funny....if its NOT true, THATS HILARIOUS!!!!

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 8:04:02 PM PDT
Well USPS delivered my package to the wrong address again, and apparently to un-honest folks, so the package is lost and my loss of $25. Why can't they hire people who can "read".

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 8:16:53 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
The word you're looking for is dishonest.

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 5:41:45 PM PDT
USPS is horrible in my town. Last time I received a package, they also put our neighbor's package in the same box. They're consistently late, deliver to wrong addresses, don't update their tracking, and don't take complaints seriously. I've had a vinyl record which was clearly marked DO NOT BEND squished in half to fit in the 6"x6" community mailbox. And now my prime shipment is late because of USPS. I make plans according to my packages, this is why I pay a premium for Prime.

AMAZON PLEASE STOP USING USPS

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 6:13:39 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
all depends on where you live and where the games are coming from. as for me, I bought Splinter Cell HD classic (3 games in 1 disc) from newegg.com, they shipped it the same day I ordered it, but it still took 5 days to get to my mailbox. from California to Montana.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 6:57:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 9, 2012 6:58:25 PM PDT
i googled this.. i see no state that has cities that are 300miles apart.

i also can`t see how you are unable to get a hold of amazon. they are 24hrs.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 3:47:05 PM PDT
D. Falkner says:
Your in the minority. I have shipments within California that are only 3 hours away (San Francisco to Redding), but will sit at the USPS facility for a week or more before arriving. I would rather pay FEDEX or UPS than deal with USPS any longer. My last shipment from NY to Northern California took 28 days to arrive (that's after USPS got it) - is this satisfactory? I paid $8 for a 1lb item to ship express?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 3:59:39 PM PDT
Are you kidding me dude?

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 12:02:20 AM PDT
USPS has lost numerous packages I've sent, FedEx leaves $300 items on my doorstep. If I'm not there, UPS will redeliver the package or make me go get it. I will happily pay extra for the UPS shipping, because it always gets here, and on time.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:25:45 PM PST
I've had multiple problems with Amazon shipments, both with USPS and with Laser ship. The worst problem is all you can do with Amazon is select delivery speed, 1 day, 2 day, etc. You can't specify a shipper. If I could I would never ever use USPS or Laser ship.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:39:12 PM PST
I'm Uzi says:
They certainly can. I was supposed to get something today, said it left a notice, yet no notice was to be found, so now I have to schedule it for delivery again. I assume they tried to deliver it elsewhere or were too lazy to leave a notice on the door since it was raining.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 10:04:49 AM PST
DVD Expert says:
I'm beginning to believe that USPS recruits their employees directly from successful parole board hearings.

I NEVER receive packages that are sent to my home address.

In fact, just before the holiday, I conducted an experiment. On the same day, I ordered about 1/2 dozen separate items via Amazon. I arranged for all but one of them to be shipped to my work address; one I had shipped to my home address.

Guess what? I received EVERY package on Xmas eve . . . EXCEPT the one I had shipped to my home address. Today, I still have not received that package. When I checked Amazon's tracking details, the last recorded update was on 12/22, when the package "arrived" in Los Angeles (where I am located). There has been no update since. So, my package is just sitting at some USPS station since 12/22!

But DHL is even worse. Why? Because they tour your package around the world and, then, deliver it to . . . USPS!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  94
Total posts:  138
Initial post:  Jun 10, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 3, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions