Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Girl heroines

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-67 of 67 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:55:15 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
See Brienne from Game of Thrones for a decent example. Lady Cris from Suikoden as another.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:34:28 PM PST
I can personally confirm that modern combat armor does not make...allowances based on gender.

You've never played an MMO. In many of them, higher level female armor is more like "bikini" than "protection." In TOR, at least one high level set of armor is similar to the metal bikini from RoTJ.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 1:37:30 PM PST
Olivia Dunham from Fringe.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:39:04 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Not Veronica Mars?

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 1:41:34 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Every time my eyes glance over the thread title I think it says OT: Girl Bronies

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:42:38 PM PST
Ha!

You rascally emu kid, I feel like you just climbed through my window and snatched my peoples up.

Veronica and I had a very short-lived 10 minute relationship, filled with tears and disappointment. Like most of my relationships.

Ha X2

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 1:47:26 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
No love for Rubi from Wet?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:55:25 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Aside from bugs and the stupid difficulty cuve in some levels, that game was a lot of fun to play but I felt like the character of Rubi herself was a bit of "try hard" on the part of the developers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 2:33:02 PM PST
user22 says:
I'm confused... is this a complaint?!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 3:09:24 PM PST
Yes. Women do not belong in the Mobile Infantry.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 3:12:14 PM PST
1#Fetish says:
cooking mama

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 3:41:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 3:50:20 PM PST
DVvM says:
Well of course not, it's armor. It's designed to keep you from getting dead, it's not supposed to look good.

In medieval or fantasy settings where people fight with swords though, having specially molded plate armor to accentuate one's breasts is actually the height of stupidity, since that cleft in between the two mounds that stabbing attacks are deflected towards essentially lies right over your heart, which is not where you want to be stabbed.

But yeah, I'm familiar with how women's fantasy armor is frequently portrayed (your armor class is inversely proportional to your skin coverage, and so on.)

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 3:49:19 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
Did anyone see Resident Evil Retribution? For some odd reason I can't stop thinking about how hot Sienna was as Jill in this movie. They put way too much makeup on her at the end of Afterlife, but in this movie she was perfect.

Alao, Six, from I am number four was pretyy cool. I tried the demo to Wet, but never played the full game, I understand Eliza Dushku did the main girls voice, which is always a plus.
I always thought Linda and Kelly in the halo books were cool and should have made apperances in the halo game. also from books Yukiko from Storm Dancer.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 10:12:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 2:09:47 AM PST
Breeze says:
Male protagonists seem to have a tendency to be created with "this is the player's avatar" in mind, resulting in either very generic so anyone can put themselves in their place, annoyingly whiny as that's what nerds who play video game can relate to, or suave, cool, flawless James Bond/Duke Nukem archetype so that the player can feel awesome. It is for this reason that I often find female characters to be more relateable.

I've gone through so much media so quickly that I drew a blank the first time I visited this thread, but now I've got a good one, though not from a video game: Maka from Soul Eater.
-Female protagonist
-Kicks butt and is awesome in general
-Isn't ridiculously proportioned
-Well developed personality
-Voiced by Laura Bailey, which is always a plus
-Girl rather than woman, thus meeting the thread title's requirements to boot

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 11:37:50 PM PST
AmbientGreen says:
1.) Moiraine Damodred Sedai (Wheel of Time series)
2.) Lanfear (Wheel of Time series)
3.) Morrigan (Dragon Age)
4.) Kitiara Uth Matar (Dragonlance books)
5.) Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 1:57:07 AM PST
Fullme7al says:
Never heard of the Wheel of time series, and I'm afraid of spoilers on wki. Is it any good?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 2:22:32 AM PST
AmbientGreen says:
Extremely good books, if you're into high fantasy. In Robert Jordan's universe, women play pivotal roles in the balance of power. Besides J.R.R. Tolkien, for me personally the Wheel of Time series is amongst the very best in the fantasy genre.

I will tell you one thing though, these books aren't for light reading. Robert Jordan wasn't an author known for brevity, far from it. These books are very descriptive, detailed, and long on characters and history. If that sounds like something that would spark some interest and curiosity, then I wholeheartedly recommend trying out the first book in the series: 'the Eye of the World'.

Happy hunting!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  67
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions