Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

PCGamer - Hands on with Tomb Raider - "A lack of meaningful interaction"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-83 of 83 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:40:31 AM PST
Actually, the introduction of a stamina meter would make sense in the game since they are apparently going on the path of showing Lara struggle with her environment. Sure, it could add more difficulty but it would be kinda nice to know that I can't just hang there all day.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:43:29 AM PST
But then all climbing segments become a timed thing...can't make everyone happy!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:46:59 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I'm not a Tomb Raider fanboy, but I am a Crystal Dynamics fanboy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:58:33 AM PST
shiftless says:
I agree. Other games (Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear whatever) have used that to good effect, and I think that would fit very well with the image that the devs are trying to get across for their vision of Lara and the franchise.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:42:58 AM PST
Rev Otter says:
then instead of having "hunger" or "thirsty" or "fatigued" stats, they would just increase the speed that a Stamina Meter drains. (or decrease how fast it recovers, or both.) same for physical injuries.

boom: extra immersion!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 12:47:41 PM PST
Honestly to me both are slightly silly complaints. Yes, if the game has zero atmosphere, then I can see where other little things get on your nerves. I honestly dont plan on playing the game anyways, but the criticisms he's leveling over a demo version of the game seem ridiculously nit-picky and slightly inane. It'd be like me playing a Call of Duty demo and complaining I had to hold the right trigger button too often. It just seems a really odd thing to write an entire article complaining about. Especially in a genre of games where yes, you hold up on the thumbstick in pretty much EVERY game of this genre quite a bit.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 12:55:29 PM PST
Maybe he was just complaining that he couldn't invert the controls.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 12:59:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 12:59:30 PM PST
Noooo! God please noooo! - Michael Scott
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  83
Initial post:  Dec 28, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions