Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Retrogaming Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 232 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 4:14:32 PM PDT
How indeed... Well enjoy popping your cherry and hope you get lots of enjoyment out of the 64. The RF adapter shouldn't give you any issues, I've used one on my HDTV to hook up my Genesis lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 4:30:45 PM PDT
Don't sweat it. There are a lot of stuff that gamers take for granted that I missed out on entirely in the 16 bit era. I'm just now getting to know the joys of Kirby and the early Sonic games.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 5:24:02 AM PDT
So, I says to my wife "I really suck at Super Mario World. I'm stuck on the Vanilla Dome." She says "Oh, man! That one's easy!" Swipes the controller from me and proceeds to beat the hell out of it.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 5:35:47 AM PDT
jtshiel says:
Yo doods,
I had some good yard sale finds this weekend.
I found a gameboy advance with Zelda. I paid a bit too much I think (20.00) but it was in great condition. I also bought later on in the day phalanx and super mario world 2.
My find of the day was a Wii. 15.00 dollars. haha. It's in poor condition though but at least it works. I'm going to try and trade it into gamestop for 40.00.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 5:46:28 AM PDT
Huhwoah. $15 Wii?! Wow. You lucked out! Pretty it up before you send it in to Gamestop. Just make sure it doesn't LOOK like it's been a garage sale find. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 5:56:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2012 5:57:59 AM PDT
jtshiel says:
It's missing 2 panels; the one over the sd card and the one over the gamecube memory cards... I glued the front cover back on and tested it out. It still works! One controller does not work when a game starts, but it will work on the wii home screen. I'll try to trade that one in and keep the other one that works fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 6:01:12 AM PDT
neu Tron says:
That was such a great game.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 6:04:34 AM PDT
I think it is high time I exposed my friends to the amazingness that is Guardian Heroes.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 6:09:40 AM PDT
Haha, do what you gotta do, right?

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 6:08:01 AM PDT
Anyone checked out the community over at Racketboy? Evidently it's a pretty great place for retrogamers. Alas, both it and RFgeneration are blocked here at work, so the place I'm most to browse forums at won't allow me to hang out there. lol

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 6:38:50 AM PDT
Faxandu is done, the elves and the dwarves will now live again in peace, all thanks to me :) Just in time for Borderlands 2, lol

Just out of curiousity, is anyone else OCD like me? Faxandu was a game that I didn't complete when I was just a wee lass of a gamer, and it irked me that I never finished it. So, lo and behold, I finished it two decades later ;)

Now, if only I could beat Star Raiders on the highest difficulty setting, I could die in peace, lololol

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 6:46:41 AM PDT
I'm fairly well determined to beat Final Fantasy 6 this time around. I'm convinced I'm 2 thirds of the way through the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 6:58:56 AM PDT
*laugh* I have beaten it in the past, but on my last play through on my psp, I got beaten up on in Doma Castle in the land of ruin. I haven't been back to it for a few months, but it's annoying me.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 8:19:25 AM PDT
Haven't gotten there yet, but I -have- Gotten Cyan. I now have Celes (in her world of balance outfit. I guess she only changes clothes if she tries to kill herself), Terra, Sabin, Edgar, Cyan, Mog, Umaro, and Setzer.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 3:18:26 PM PDT
Gameresq says:
I finally finished the original Metal Gear this weekend. It only took about 15 years, but it is now done. I have finished FF VI several times, including the Dragon's Den and Soul Shrine - all 100 battles. It is an outstanding game - enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:12:19 AM PDT
I don't think I'm gonna be going for 100% in that particular regard, but I am definitely intent on beating this game.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 9:07:38 AM PDT
Gameresq says:
The Soul Shrine is tough. If you get to the final 7 battles against the buffed versions of the dragons from the Dragon Den, that is where things really get dicey. If you die anytime, even on battle 99, you get to start over at battle 1. Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 7:56:30 PM PDT
jtshiel says:
I'm so excited tonight. My mom just gave me all the original boxes/manuals to the NES, Game Boy and Zapper. She found them while cleaning out my old room. I'm pretty sure the NES box is worth more than my NES. Don't know if I should sell them or display them.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 9:38:33 PM PDT
Hah! That's so cooL!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 1:44:34 PM PDT
Hey says:
Racketboy has a big problem of not having reliable information from its members and articles. I know for sure the 3DO articles I've read on there have a lot of errors in them, at the very least. The best forum for retrogaming is probably the Retrogaming Roundtable over at http://www.digitpress.com/forum . A lot of collectors talk but the guys know their stuff for sure.

Also, http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/ has a LOT of interesting information from all over the place. For example, did you know there was a Primal Rage NOVEL? I didn't under I read about it on there. A novel. Based on Primal Rage. Seriously.

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 4:26:12 PM PDT
Wow... A primal rage novel!

So, just picked up some new stuff this week. Got me some Art of Fighting, Cybernator, and Magic Sword

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 5:17:29 AM PDT
Damn. The Retrogaming Roundtable is also blocked at work. lol

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 5:39:36 AM PDT
http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2012/09/23/old-games-are-horrifying-comic/

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 5:44:08 AM PDT
jtshiel says:
I also found my old Nintendo Powers and a couple of GamePros.
There was an ad in the GamePro for a GameBoy add on (light, speakers, raised dpad and buttons) made my STD electronics. lol

In one of the Nintendo Powers has a Metroid guide. Now I can finally go back and play Metroid while knowing what to do.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 11:27:39 AM PDT
Hadji says:
Turbografx 8/16 ftw. Nah not really a good system but Genesis is way better.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  232
Initial post:  Sep 4, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions