I've decided to sell off all games that I own

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 217 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 8:58:38 AM PST
Fidel Amaya says:
This right here

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:00:21 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
Thought about all that and I'm ready to get rid of it all. PS3 is the only thing that I'm considering keeping so that I can still play some newer games, I've paid for PS+, and online is free. (not trying to sound like a Sonymite)

I fully expect to miss some of these games. All the NES ones are games that I purchased with my dad as a kid. He would take me 1-2 times a month to Toys R Us to get a new game and I remember getting those little tickets and running up to the front so they could get the game from their inventory. They even have my last name written in magic marker on the back like most people did back in those days. Ah memories, thats all they are. I'll still have those good times in my mind when these games are gone.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:03:28 AM PST
Fidel Amaya says:
Just keep them man, and then let your kids enjoy them.

Before you do anything though, make sure you really think it over.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:03:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 9:06:43 AM PST
Eggman, PhD says:
My total housing expenses make up about 30% of my monthly take-home pay. Admittedly, it's a little high (I was aiming for around 25%) but we got a great deal on a nice home and I couldn't turn down a 3.25% interest rate + money from the builder towards the closing costs...they're practically paying me to buy the house.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:06:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 9:11:50 AM PST
Eggman, PhD says:
When I sold all my games I went through some withdrawals at first, but the temptation faded. It's gets easier the less that you do it. Plus, I had a bunch of other crap to occupy my time. At least you'll still have your PS3 though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:08:15 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
They are just things.

I'll never forget when my pops beat me for the first time in Mortal Kombat by just putting the controller on the floor and pounding away at it randomly. I freaked out and threw the game through the wall.

Or the time when I beat him for the first time in like 2-3 years of playing Super Bases Loaded.

Just memories, I can't recreate those times by keeping the game or the systems.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:10:42 AM PST
Fidel Amaya says:
But that collection is huge.

Sometimes you just gotta move on though and like you said, you will always have the memories.

Good luck

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:11:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 9:11:33 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Interest rates are crazy low. At some point they will have to sky rocket, the question is when will this happen. The other major thing I do is pay my mortgage weekly, not monthly. This should cut 8 years off my loan by paying the principle quicker. :)

For the record I don't regret selling my collection. It was just sitting there anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:14:29 AM PST
Eggman, PhD says:
Interest rates will eventually rise, but I don't know when. I just struck while the iron was hot (mine's a 30 year fixed).

You don't regret selling your collection of what? Video games?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:24:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 9:24:48 AM PST
Lucanus says:
I got a 30 year fixed, I just signed up for Wells Fargo weekly payment schedule.

Yeah, my collection of video games. I posted about it a few pages ago. I had 750+ games and 10+ consoles. Nothing more than dust collectors. Especially now that most classic games have been re-released digitally. I may not have a NES/SNES/N64, but I still have every home console Zelda release. :)

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 9:25:03 AM PST
M. McFly says:
You need to sell all those games and systems now. How much is gaming contributing to your credit card debt???

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:27:52 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 13, 2013 3:04:57 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 9:29:32 AM PST
pyroguy says:
somebody obviously had a few too many

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:30:24 AM PST
Eggman, PhD says:
Wow. That's a huge collection. I only had my Xbox 360 and, like, 10 games or so. I actually still have a few for sale.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:32:53 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
'Most people that I know that are in debt wouldn't say that their lives are "immeasurably more enjoyable", quite the contrary rather.'

than if they never borrowed a single cent their whole lives? Not likely.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:33:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 9:34:07 AM PST
Lucanus says:
I started gaming when I was 5, now I am 32, my collection just got far too large. I now own 4 consoles with 180 games. Which is still more than I can play. But still I did cut back boats loads. I am also far more picky about what games I will buy for my consoles. I used to just buy far too many games. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:33:53 AM PST
Rockhardly says:
"My total housing expenses make up about 30% of my monthly take-home pay."

What do you include in that? Are you including mortgage, taxes, and insurance - or are you also including maintenance, utilities, etc.?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:16:39 AM PST
Eggman, PhD says:
I started gaming around age 8 and I'll be 28 in March. I've owned multiple consoles over the years, but never as many games as you have. That's impressive.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:17:43 AM PST
Eggman, PhD says:
30% includes mortgage, taxes, insurance, PMI, and utilities.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:22:51 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Wow that isn't bad at all. I was at 20% with mortgage, taxes and insurance. I didn't include ultilites, which can be high in the summer. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:25:19 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 13, 2013 3:04:58 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:27:02 AM PST
Eggman, PhD says:
I'm going to try and keep costs down this summer but it gets really, really hot here, as in day after day of 100+ so it'll be a challenge for sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 2:22:44 PM PST
Slaychandim says:
8-10000 isnt that bad a lot of that stuff will be a pain if you want to get it back especially the old stuff you should just tuf it out imo get anothert job or something if you have kids they would love something like this one day

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 2:27:26 PM PST
Slaychandim says:
I really wish i held onto all my old systems all I have is a N64 ps2 and ps3 and no games for the ps2 and only like 5 for the 64

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 4:14:29 PM PST
PacinoBully says:
My future yet to be named children can suck it.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  217
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions