Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

South Park creators to open own studio

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 50 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2013 9:13:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 9:14:13 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/14/business/media/south-park-creators-to-start-company-important-studios.html?_r=0

Kick ass. Bring on the movie version of the Book of Mormon, it'll probably beat up on Les Mis all over the place *laugh*

Edit: Damn it, forgot the OT... but they are working on the Stick of Truth. Yeah, that's gaming related. Yeah.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 9:16:29 AM PST
B. Ahrens says:
I love South PArk. 6 days to air is great. Those guys are brilliant.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 9:20:26 AM PST
They are geniuses.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 9:24:27 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Haven't really seen them fall short when they put their minds to something... kinda why I'm aching to see the Stick of Truth ;) I'm hoping the game is as warped/awesome as I'm imagining it to be *laugh*

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 9:30:26 AM PST
Only time I've seen them fall short was their South Park Season when Book of Mormons started. All their efforts when to the play and the show went on the back burner. I don't blame them at all though. I would have done the same. At an episode a week... that's UNREAL and still blows my mind, considering the classic episodes they come out with.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 9:44:51 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 9:46:09 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Cannibal was brilliant.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 9:47:49 AM PST
Wanna build a snowman?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 9:51:23 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
We can make him our best friend.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 9:56:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 9:59:38 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I feel the same way about Seth McFarlane and current Family Guy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 9:57:44 AM PST
Are you trying to tell me that American Dad is better? You might want to slow your roll there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 9:58:47 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
This is my McFarlane hierarchy:

Ted > Old Family Guy > American Dad > New Family Guy > Cleveland Show

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 10:00:23 AM PST
Haven't watched Family Guy in a while, it's gone downhill? I loved that show a few years ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 10:09:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 10:10:18 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
In my opinion, it was never the same after it came back. There was definitely a dark period during which Seth McFarlane openly admitted to phoning it in because he was devoting himself to getting Ted made. If you loved it a few years ago, you'll still enjoy it.

My favorite episode of Family Guy by far is "I am Peter, Hear Me Roar," and that was from season 1.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 10:25:27 AM PST
That episode was awesome!

American Dad is by far superior to Family Guy now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 10:26:06 AM PST
American Can IS better.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 10:26:41 AM PST
After watching the South Park episode making fun of Family Guy and that all their jokes end up just repeating themselves until it's funny or the fact that it's always just a flashback... too predictable to be funny.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 10:33:57 AM PST
Seth had a real down period, too. I think he was pissed at Fox. Listen to the commentary of the third F.G. Star Wars flick if you want to hear someone who hates their job, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 10:35:05 AM PST
I do believe he was given some pretty crappy constraints and FOX usually treats their employees like dirt.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 10:36:26 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
If you go back and watch the first seasons of Family Guy, it wasn't always that way. There were still flashbacks (early Simpsons actually has some crazy cutaways as well), but they weren't the basis of nearly every joke like they are now. There was actual plot-driven humor, and I feel like American Dad is more like this than the current Family Guy episodes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 10:38:06 AM PST
Well...they're FOX. Most nerds have a standing "kill on sight" order on their executives after the Firefly and Futurama cancellations. They're not good people :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 10:38:27 AM PST
Well said. The same tragedy has happened to the Simpsons. Seasons 1-12ish were awesome, but they seem to just rehash jokes and do some stupidly outlandish stuff that makes the show stale.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 11:11:46 AM PST
yes, I do agree. I used to watch family guy just as religiously but I believe I stopped in 2004-2005ish.

I went through Brickleberry's first season. It's not the greatest by any means but considering I work for the FS... I find it more funny than it really is.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 11:20:45 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Where are you in the country Mr. Feltersnatch? I have a good friend that works in the FS also... we met in DC when I lived there, but he has since been moved all over the country, and is now on the West Coast *laugh*

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 11:33:50 AM PST
Portland, Oregon.

You know what he/she does?

DC is where people go if they want to get promoted quickly. I can easily become a GS-13,14,15 if I moved there for a few years. I've thought about moving there but I got other future career plans. Will probably leave the FS and work in the private sector in a couple years. Not because I don't like it here, but I need to experience a new culture and environment. Been working for them since college.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Expendables 3 leaks 3 weeks early, DVD quality 3 7 minutes ago
OT: I'm tired of being harassed on this forum 14 8 minutes ago
OT: This makes me sad 3 10 minutes ago
The Last of Us: Remastered features higher quality shadows at 30fps than 60fps 14 20 minutes ago
Why are Sonymites so suicidal? 1 21 minutes ago
Sony to pony up $15 million to settle class action lawsuit over 2011 PSN hacking. 10 24 minutes ago
WiiU ID Exchange 210 26 minutes ago
OT: Walmart's Ice Cream Sandwiches Don't Melt In The Sun 7 28 minutes ago
OT: Why is Cinema Fan such a sour puss? 14 29 minutes ago
OT: Creationist Ken Ham Says Aliens Will Go To Hell So Let's Stop Looking For Them 250 29 minutes ago
OT: Nutzu, why haven't you posted about the 80 year old man who shot the pregnant thief in the back? 178 30 minutes ago
Worst PS4/XOne/Wii U game you've played thus far? 58 31 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  50
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions