Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Bannable offenses in Black Ops 2 - Emblems included....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 8:30:15 AM PST
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/38526/so-heres-what-will-get-you-banned-in-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii

So Here's What Will Get You Banned In Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Written by: Dan Seitz | November 12, 2012 at 7:12AM

With every new Call of Duty game comes a lot of multiplayer matches... and also griefers, cheaters, and poor sports.
So, who will be punished and how will they be dealt with in Call of Duty: Black Ops II?
A day ahead of the game officially launching, the Security and Enforcement Policy has been released.
The punishments are pretty straightforward, for the most part, but perhaps the most attention getting (and certainly amusing) section is near the bottom. For example, if you craft an offensive emblem, the first time, it'll be a temporary ban from the Emblem Editor. Do it twice and you'll be banned from Emblem editing for good.
Similarly, if you drop an f-bomb during a live stream, or happen to play an unlicensed song during one, then you'll get a temporary ban. Keep it up and you won't be able to livestream at all.
Our Take: In other words, don't cheat and be polite to your friends when shooting them in the face, stabbing them in the kidney from behind, sniping them from 200 yards away, or blasting them with a pain ray. Got it.

We kid, we kid! Sportsmanship and fair play is very important in gaming. That said, we do hope the occasional accidental profanity will be forgiven, not punished, because hey, we all curse at games. Especially if we get killed unfairly, by which we mean "at all."
Here's a trailer of all the fun things you'll be politely doing to your friends!

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:31:45 AM PST
I guess I can't make raptors tea-bagging fallen enemies anymore on my logo.

For shame.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:32:52 AM PST
FOGE says:
Can we just ban everyone who plays songs (licensed or not) from gaming for life?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:35:16 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
"That said, we do hope the occasional accidental profanity will be forgiven, not punished, because hey, we all curse at games."

If the majority of the words you say over the headset are profanity rather than strategy, compliments, or constructive criticism, you don't need to be wearing a headset.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:37:20 AM PST
I wonder if the streams account for live chat from other players.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:39:07 AM PST
I have a rolodex of compliments by my side whenever I play online, and Emu, might I say that you smell mighty pleasant today.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:56:31 AM PST
K Archer says:
I heard another bannable offense is livestreaming without the in-game streaming kit. Wonder if they also have it so any videos not using the in-game kit also could ban you...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:56:54 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Why thank you Mr. Landers. Might I say, your mother is quite the classy lady.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:03:17 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
The only banable offense should be playing this game.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:08:05 AM PST
saskamazon says:
my son & I were playing LBP Karting online yesterday & wow, some young woman had nothing but profanity & constant references to gays ... I told my son that this is how we don't speak ... it got so bad, we left the match & started elsewhere ... of the 8 racers, I couldn't tell who the foul mouthed person was, as otherwise, I would have lodged a complaint .... I mean LBP Karting - it would stand to reason some children may be playing ... her statements were enough to blow me away, let alone an 8 yr. old ... I found it a very negative MP experience ....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:11:14 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Online interactions are not rated by the ESRB.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:11:25 AM PST
K Archer says:
You're going to have people who do that in ALL games that have mic support; not just shooters. There will always be that one person who has to do that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:12:40 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
It should say:

Online interactions will subject you to the dregs of the human race and will leave you never wanting to play online games again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:13:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 9:14:20 AM PST
jtshiel says:
...unless you are gay.

NTTAWTT

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:17:24 AM PST
I was so sure tea bagging was going to make this list

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:18:57 AM PST
FOGE says:
Thats any online game. Just get a mic, turn it on, and toss it on the table. Thats what I do when people are being obnoxious.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:19:39 AM PST
FOGE says:
NTTAWWT*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:23:44 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Didn't you still forget an "I"?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:24:19 AM PST
There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "I" in meat pie. Anagram of meat is team... I don't know what he's talking about.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:24:50 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
You got red on ya.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:26:52 AM PST
It might be a bit warm, the cooler's off.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:27:34 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Thanks, babe.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:31:32 AM PST
user22 says:
I like bannable cream pie.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:41:28 AM PST
So, Holly DOES play LBP.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions