Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

If the PS4 charges for multiplayer will you buy it?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 178 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:52:05 AM PST
FOGE says:
Haha What is this Oregon Trail? I ve never heard such a phrase.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 6:52:13 AM PST
Soulshine says:
It's gonna suck after today when things get confirmed and overall speculation on the VGF drops 42%.

I got an e-mail today that PS4 will include a hot dog bun warmer.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:53:05 AM PST
FOGE says:
Well, honestly, the PS3 had one too. If you ever put a hot dog bun on top of the console, Im sure it got pretty warm.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:53:25 AM PST
I. Flores says:
Not sure, but I heard you could die of dysentery with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:53:39 AM PST
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006020502024

"It's an old folk saying that means that if your ox (bull) is winning a battle with my bull, you will think everything if fair and just, but if your ox (bull) is loosing, you will think something should be done to correct the situation. So when people or their allies are winning, they think everything is fair and proper, but when they loose they want investigations, rule changes, fines, imprisonment, impeachment, against the other persons."

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 6:53:49 AM PST
John McClane says:
Pay to be hacked on PSN? No thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:55:20 AM PST
JWK says:
Valid points. Hey, I'm actually hoping for a Hail Mary; neither Sony OR Microsoft charge for online MP or keep anything behind a paywall *and* no one blocks used games. That's a long shot, put I'm trying to remain optimistic. I'd like to own all three consoles again next gen.

You know, you do have a point about Sony and the pay wall. If they were planning on either charging for online or planning on blocking used games, it wouldn't make much sense for them to be revealing the PS4 first. I figure they'd allow Microsoft to go first and take the heat for such an unpopular move and then quietly reveal that they plan to do the same thing. Then again, Sony's marketing team doesn't really have a great record as of late, so it's really anyone's guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:55:29 AM PST
Absolutely. As a Sony fan, if they did this, I would be telling everyone that would listen that it was a D* move, just as I do for the 360. Regardless of which platform someone prefers, an anti-consumer rule is an anti-consumer rule.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:55:48 AM PST
FOGE says:
I like it. Im going to start using that.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:56:25 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Phat one even had an SD card warmer.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:56:27 AM PST
Here are the screenshots of my 2012 purchases from XBL. All but three were purchased at 50%-75% off. As you can see, my purchases from last year alone took 8 pages.

http://minus.com/mbbh8zcCChO7Pk

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:57:17 AM PST
Also, Oregon Trail rocks.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 6:57:35 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
And every game on there was exclusive to the Gold membership?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:57:44 AM PST
Forty cent discount? More like 50-75% off, just like most discounts on Plus.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 6:57:45 AM PST
Soulshine says:
But Amazon Trail SUCKS!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:58:32 AM PST
FOGE says:
Best part of grade school.

You have killed 437 pounds of food, but you can only take 40 pounds back to the wagon.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:00:06 AM PST
1) Take the banker
2) Buy only bullets
3) Kill all the buffalo
4) ???
5) Dead family!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:00:13 AM PST
JWK says:
Jimmy always got dysentery in my group. That's because I was always a banker. Banker's can't fight off dysentery; rookie mistake.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:01:17 AM PST
JWK says:
Wow. Seriously, wow. That's EXACTLY what I did.

I'm glad I love and respect my actual family more as adult than I did my imaginary family as a kid.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:02:07 AM PST
Lol! Hunting was the best part of the game!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:03:47 AM PST
FOGE says:
Always pay for a ferry to cross the river. Attempting to ford equals a dead sister and lost supplies.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 7:04:46 AM PST
klopas says:
I have a feeling Sony will do this simply because of how well it has worked for Microsoft. People hate paying for Live, but they do it anyway. There's no reason for Microsoft to offer free MP or added incentives (like Plus does) until the people speak with their wallets and subscriptions drop significantly. People will hate paying for MP with the PS4, but in the long run, they'll do it anyway. This is especially true if it's added into the cost of Plus. Perhaps it will simply be a part of Plus at no additional cost, though they'll probably increase the price by $10 or so.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:04:59 AM PST
But this isn't 2002. It is the year 2013 and if you're going to make that claim about Plus then it can be applied to Gold with equal validity.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:06:39 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
If you say so.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:07:56 AM PST
No, but enough were to justify my claims of savings.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  178
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions