Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: NFL Week 10: Election blah blah. Let's get back to what really matters. WHO YA GOT!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 59 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2012 8:17:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 10:16:05 AM PST
Last week: 11-3
Season: 79-53

Colts @ Jags: Colts have been rockin' it lately. Jags have been doing the opposite of that. Luck struggles a bit on the road and this is his first prime time game. It may be Gabbert's too. Not sure. I say it's close but I think the Colts have enough momentum to carry them through this awful...awful Jags team. Colts

Chargers @ Bucs: Tossup.The chargers have showed some real skill in games and then they have showed some really terrible football playing. Their D is pretty good but that offense is turrible at times. Bucs have been doing good and Freeman has been performing well. Bucs are at home so I'm giving it to them. Really depends on what Phillip Rivers shows up. Bucs

Titans @ Phins: I can see the Titans rebounding in a big way this week to take out the average fins. But reading the tea leaves it seems Locker is coming back. I hate to already discount the kid but he reminds me of a better version of Tebow. He can run and he can throw but his throws are not accurate. Tebow can run and sometimes throw. I'm not sure if Locker is the future here in Tennessee. Plus the dolphins D is legit against the run which means CJ won't be having that great of a day. Fins

Bills @ Pats: This could be a lot closer than people think. A lot of the bills are getting healthy again and are showing a little bit of heart. However, Brady Wilfork hungry. Brady Wilfork like bison burgers. Pats

Raiders @ Ravens: The ravens are lucky they are having a weak schedule after losing most of their D starters. This gives them time to figure out a game plan and still able to pull off some wins. Raiders look decent at home but turrible on the road. Ravens

Broncos @ Panthers: Look, the panthers can actually win a game! This one kind of scares me. Panthers may have found some rhythm and the Broncos & Manning struggled on the road last week against the Bengals. Broncos are knocking it out at home but struggle a lot on the road. This one could be tough. Going with the safe bet though. Broncos

Giants @ Bengals: The Giants have not looked as of late as the world beaters they were for a few weeks. They nearly lossed to the Cowboys and did lose to the Steelers. Good bounce back game for them. Giants

Lions @ Vikings: Lions have maybe finally possibly found a way to win. The vikins have found ways to lose. You have AP running for over 100 yards and 2+ TD's every week and still lose. Now that takes talent. Harvin is probably out this week to. So that means the only weapon they have is AP. Lions

Falcons @ Saints: Saints finally showed they can actually play a decent game last week. That game should have been 28-3 instead of 13 because the Saints gift wrapped the Eagles 10 points. But this week. It's another matter. Falcons are undefeated and don't really show any signs of slowing down. The easy schedule has benefited them and sproles is out. Not looking good. But how can i pick against my saints. Saints

Jets @ Seahawks: Seahawks at home? Jets on the road? Sanchez the QB? Seahawks

Cowboys @ Eagles: Tossup of crappy teams that get waayy too much attention. I have faith that Tony Romo will find a way to lose. However, if Vick got sacked 7 times against the saints D (that's right...the saint's D) how is he going to still have limbs when he's going up against Demarcus Ware? Don't see it happening. Cowboys

Rams @ 9ers: I think this will be more competitive than most think but still...9ers

Texans @ Bears: A clash of the 7-1 teams. I tell you though. These two teams have been playing rather differently lately though. It's going to be a good game but the bears looked like world beaters last week and the texans struggled against Brady Wilfork's afternoon snack last week. Bears

Chiefs @ Steelers: Why is this a Monday Night Football game? Steelers

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 8:21:42 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
Colts @ Jags: *Puts paper bag on head that reads "Jags Fan"* Colts
Chargers @ Bucs: Bucs
Titans @ Phins: Dolphins
Bills @ Pats: Pats
Raiders @ Ravens: Ravens
Broncos @ Panthers: Broncos
Giants @ Bengals: Giants
Lions @ Vikings: Lions
Falcons @ Saints: Falcons
Jets @ Seahawks: Seahawks
Cowboys @ Eagles: Cowboys
Rams @ 9ers: Rams. (because of Amendola returning)
Texans @ Bears: Texans (because the Bears D can't win 'em all)
Chiefs @ Steelers: Steelers

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 8:24:36 AM PST
Modern Wolf says:
go Bucs!

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 8:25:14 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Colts @ Jags: Colts, Luck was a great pickup for them.
Chargers @ Bucs: Bucs
Titans @ Phins: Dolphins, actually looking like a decent team.
Bills @ Pats: Pats, Brady hangs 3+ TDs on the Bills.
Raiders @ Ravens: Ravens, the Raiders are terrible.
Broncos @ Panthers: Broncos, 2nd easiest pick of the week.
Giants @ Bengals: Giants, easiest pick of the week.
Lions @ Vikings: Lions, the Vikings are falling apart.
Falcons @ Saints: Falcons, Saints have no defense. Ryan has a huge day.
Jets @ Seahawks: Seahawks, cuz the Jets s u c k
Cowboys @ Eagles: Cowboys, I guess doesn't matter.
Rams @ 9ers: Rams. (because of Amendola returning)
Texans @ Bears: Bears, Texans played 1 good team in the Packers and got handled. I don't buy the hype.
Chiefs @ Steelers: Steelers

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 8:25:21 AM PST
IPhantom says:
I love your write-ups man. I'm going to go with you on all accounts except ill take a definitive bucs win and falcons over saints. Philly is one of the worst teams in the league this year and I don't think you can take much away from that win.

Just for fun ill go panthers over broncos too. I think cam and the panthers are way better than their record indicates. At home I think they got a chance.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 8:33:15 AM PST
Glad you enjoy them. Don't get me wrong. I think the saints chances of winning are about 15%. But they are my team as long as Brees is their QB. And it doesn't feel right picking against them.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 8:36:33 AM PST
FOGE says:
Colts @ Jags: Jags always run all over the Colts, but Luck has been looking better every week. Colts

Chargers @ Bucs: Tough one, but I think the D wins out. Bucs

Titans @ Phins: Titans are awful as last week showed us. Fins

Bills @ Pats: Pats

Broncos @ Panthers: Broncos

Giants @ Bengals: Giants

Lions @ Vikings: Lions

Falcons @ Saints: Matty Ice will eat up the NO Defense. Saints

Jets @ Seahawks: Seahawks

Cowboys @ Eagles: Eagles O line is destroyed. Vick will always be under pressure. Cowboys

Rams @ 9ers: 9ers

Texans @ Bears: Both teams are struggling right now so could go to whoever comes out with there best. If the Bears can get the passing game to click theyll hold there own while the Defense will help add to the score. Bears

Chiefs @ Steelers: I agree with a bad MNF game Steelers

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 8:37:01 AM PST
Yes! Please always bet against the Vikings! They might actually win then!

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 8:39:55 AM PST
Apparently it's looking like the O-lineman that the iggles lost in the Saints game is going to be out the rest of the season. That means right now the entire eagls o-line except for one tackle are backups

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 8:42:01 AM PST
LOL the NFL fined Matt Hasselback 15K for a horsecollar tackle.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 8:46:52 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Bears win.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 8:57:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 8:58:35 AM PST
Texans played Ravens and Denver, both good teams. Texans fell apart against Packers because Rogers had one of those 'super bowl' games where he was unstoppable and the Texans defense succumbed.

Not saying the Packers got lucky, because they are a good team, it just wasn't the Texans day. Just like the returning champs (Saints) went 0-5 this season. Crap just happens.

Bears are a great team, it will be a good game, and a close one hopefully. But not "buying the hype" is just stupid to say. Clearly the Texans have a 1 of a kind defense and an amazing offense.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 8:58:59 AM PST
Stupid Giants **grumble, grumble, grumble** The bastards better beat the Bengals this week...but who knows with them. Thankfully every other team in the NFC East lost this week too, so it made our loss not sting as bad.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 9:00:52 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Dolphins win the superbowl!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:00:59 AM PST
FOGE says:
The Texans really do have a great Defense, but the Bears are unmatched in interceptions and touchdowns scored by a defense.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:02:13 AM PST
Because of the opposing team's QB being an idiot? lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:05:07 AM PST
FOGE says:
Not just one team, this is on the whole season. And Shaub is no Matty Ice.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:06:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:07:38 AM PST
Lucanus says:
They played the Ravens right after Lewis and Webb got injured. The Raven's aren't elite anymore with those injuries, IMHO. The Broncos didn't start off elite, but now that Peyton is getting the hang of things..... I'd take the Broncos in a rematch. I am not buying the hype because I can't remember a time when Schaub and company made noise in the playoffs. I think both the Steelers and Pats could whipe the floor with the Texans.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:18:37 AM PST
We played them without the Cush? Same thing.

Steelers eh, they are a bipolar team imo. Patriots sure, if Brady brings his A game in passing (which he usually does).

Ray Lewis is getting old, he's 'good' but he's not better than some LBs in the league.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 9:18:50 AM PST
SMH says:
Last week: 9-5
Season: 81-51

Colts @ Jags: What a difference a year (and Andrew Luck) makes. Colts.

Chargers @ Bucs: I'll probably end up watching this game since it's in market for me, and that's ok. This one might be a good one. I'm taking the Bucs at home as Philip Rivers just doesn't look like the QB of years past. Bucs.

Titans @ Phins: The Dolphins are 5-3 (I think?) and if I'm not mistaken all of their losses have been very close games with 2 in overtime...I could be wrong on that though, and I'm too lazy to verify. I have to give the edge to them against the Titans. Dolphins

Bills @ Pats: Patriots

Broncos @ Panthers: Good luck Carolina. Broncos

Giants @ Bengals: Interesting game here. I have been wrong most of the time this year on the Giants, so why not have that trend continue? Bengals

Lions @ Vikings: This one could go either way imo, and I kind of hope it's on TV in my market. I'm taking the Vikings.

Falcons @ Saints: This might be the game that the Falcons lose. Even at 8-0 I don't see greatness. I might kick myself for this but I'm taking the Saints. Saints

Jets @ Seahawks: There's a chance that the Jets don't win any more games this year. Seahawks.

Cowboys @ Eagles: I remember a time when I thought this would be a good game, now it's the closest thing to a dumpster bowl (the only thing missing are the Jaguars) that I find this week. Vick can't do anything as he's on his back every 5 seconds due to his poor excuse for an offensive line, and it never ceases to amaze me how good Romo is at losing games. With the Eagles offering no protection for Vick, I just can't see how they are going to win this game so as much as it annoys me I have to pick Dallas. Cowboys

Rams @ 9ers: 49ers

Texans @ Bears: This is the default game of the week, but I don't find myself interested in it. With that said, I think the Texans are the better team but it's in Chicago...what to do? Eeny, meeny, miny, Bears.

Chiefs @ Steelers: MNF once again gets a horrible game. I'm glad I'm not missing anything by not watching this one. Steelers

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:18:58 AM PST
Schaub is definitely scary. You don't know when he is going to be good or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:20:22 AM PST
SMH says:
I'm not sure which one of us is wrong here. I usually use your season total as the check to make sure my total is correct, but this week I come up with 81-51 (132 games) and you have 80-53 (133 games).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:25:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:27:13 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Lewis is a leader, he brings the team together. Him being out cannot be understated. I dont' think the Ravens will miss his skills, but his on the field leadership. He is a massive loss for them.

The Steelers started off slow, but I think Ben is getting the hang of that new offense. They also have had a ton of injuries, as players get healthy I expect the Steelers to be top 3 in the conference.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:28:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:29:12 AM PST
Oh please, I am not saying he isn't a leader. But don't base the entire defense on his dated performance. In fact, they defense is good without him imo. But he is a team leader, it can have an effect on the control of the game I guess.

But I am not going to get into "Ravens lost the game because Lewis was out" type of crap. Our defense was exceptional and we were without Cushing (our defense team leader)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:31:20 AM PST
last week i am pretty sure i went 13/14 somehow. dont know my season total.
Colts: i like what they have been able to do lately
Bucs: doug martin
Dolphins
Bills: need some strong offense from them
Ravens
Broncos
Giants: although it is the second half and the giants seem to fall apart, i feel like they wont allow that to happen this season
Lions: they are looking better lately
Falcons: i'd like to see a team go 16-0 and lose in the first round of the playoffs
Seahawks: haha the jets
Eagles
Niners
Texans
Steelers
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Yesterday's Video Games Weren't Supposed to Stop Selling Yet 27 45 seconds ago
Destiny PS4 VGF Clan 6418 48 seconds ago
Evolve Open Beta Coming Exclusively to Xbox One 20 1 minute ago
My PC is trolling me. 7 2 minutes ago
BB Deal of the Day COD AW, All Stars Battle Royale & Sly TiT! 9 2 minutes ago
Could hack and 'The Interview' fallout sink Sony? 6 3 minutes ago
OT: Activists to Drop The Interview DVDs over North Korea 25 4 minutes ago
Steam Winter Sale 2014 Thread 29 5 minutes ago
Retro City Rampage sales show why console parity doesn't work for devs 5 12 minutes ago
OT: Favorite solo musicians? 21 19 minutes ago
Denzel Washington Blacklisted? Leaked Sony Email Targets Black Actors 50 19 minutes ago
Sony Refuses to Offer Refund for PlayStation Game Fraudulently Purchased by Hacker 14 21 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  59
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions