Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Why is owning a gun a big deal for you Americans?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 408 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:19:33 AM PST
FOGE says:
Shes beautiful. I cant wait to shoot it. Though they only had .223 in steel casings so I dont have any ammo yet. Hopefully Sunday Ill find the time to spend with it at the range.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:20:39 AM PST
I don't know why but steel casings bug me. Except for 9mm rounds, they're so cheap it doesn't bother me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:20:48 AM PST
FOGE says:
"The idea that an armed populace would fight off the best military in the world is nonsensical."

Yeah, thatd be like a bunch of armed farmers fighting off the best military in the world. But that isnt what created this country or anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:21:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 6:22:33 AM PST
Ice King says:
Because AMERICA! That's why!
If you don't like it you can GIT OUT!

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:22:32 AM PST
LogJam says:
Cuz us amurikans hav tiny dongz and tiny brainz.
Am I too late?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:22:41 AM PST
FOGE says:
Steel casings are cheap. Ive never used them, but I hear its bad to use on new guns. Ammo is cheap enough that I can buy quality stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:23:03 AM PST
I know. I understood your post ;) I was just pointing out a general stereotype I know I've personally dealt with.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:23:44 AM PST
Well, for one thing they are steel and can rust and then blow up in your gun. I don't know about you but I really don't want that happening. Especially since my gun is an antique.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:23:48 AM PST
Foge. You're a smart man. I know you are. I respect you. You're not saying that warfare 300 years ago is the same as warfare today. Some dude with a musket was similarly armed with the military. Some dude with an AR is not similarly armed with the military today.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:24:27 AM PST
Ice King says:
It's never too late for 'Merica.

But say The Pledge of Allegiance four times to make sure. WITH God in it. In fact, replace every other word with God just to make sure the terrorists don't win.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:24:38 AM PST
Unfortunately stereotypes don't exist for no reason. There are a lot of unreasonable gun owners that FREAK about anything even remotely related to gun control.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:24:50 AM PST
Yeah, that'll do you a lot of good when a guy robs your house. "Hold on sir, let me just open this safe and load this quick, I'll be down in a minute."

When I'm sleeping, my mossberg and my 9mm are both well within reach.

If I'm not sleeping, the 9 is still within reach while I'm home unless I plan on drinking, then it gets unloaded and set aside for awhile.

We've had several break-ins in the area. I'm not going to become a statistic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:25:12 AM PST
You know what, you are right. The US government is unique. It will never ever do anything that isn't good for us and I will put my trust in them forever and always. Amen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:25:29 AM PST
Well, in Foge's defense, a bunch of farmers with AK's whupped our aces back in Vietnam.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:26:04 AM PST
I have a 3 cell Maglight next to bed, in the close confines of my house that's about as good as a gun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:26:05 AM PST
"Not to mention the frequency of "stopped robberies due to homeowner's a gun owner" stories. I rarely ever see one. Do you guys?"

Yes, I see a ton of them. Why? Because I don't subscribe to anti-gun media. Of course they're not going to show the positive articles on how a firearm is a tool to protect yourself and your family. That would be counter-productive in their grand scheme.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:28:08 AM PST
FOGE says:
Thanks man. And yeah, the rules have changed. Now the military has air drones, stealth bombers and remarkably impressive tanks. The game has changed since the Revolution. Though, the idea of at least not being a pushover helps keep the Govt honest. Though, with our election process and what not, its highly unlikely anyone tyrannical would last in government.

But when you look at places like Detroit and see thugs carrying AKs, it makes you wonder... What if my neighborhood fell apart like this? Id want to be similarly armed with the criminals in my town if only to not appear like an easy target.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:29:16 AM PST
FOGE says:
Same here Capt. I sleep with my 9mm easily within reach. Im in a pretty safe area but it gives me peace of mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:30:16 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
So you're saying that all the major news outlets, local news affiliates, and news publications are "anti-gun media?" So what is "pro gun media?" The NRA newsletter?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:37:20 AM PST
And we're still fighting farmers with AKs (for the most part) in Afghanistan.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:39:26 AM PST
The majority of the major news outlets are anti-gun, yes.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:42:42 AM PST
"The idea that an armed populace would fight off the best military in the world is nonsensical."

Castro started the revolution with 82 men, armed only with a few rifles and pistols. They defeated an army of 40000 soldiers equiped with tanks, artillery, warplanes and ships.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:45:49 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
You didn't answer my other question. What are some sources that are "pro-gun media"

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:47:52 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Those hunting shows you occasionally see on cable networks are, I'm pretty sure, pro gun. They're also technically media.

I bet those fishing shows are probably pro-gun too. Hah.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:49:04 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Also, these guys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Resistance were kind of a big deal.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  68
Total posts:  408
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions