Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The Walking Dead Discussion (TV show only, NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 726-750 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:37:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 10:04:51 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I'd be very, very surprised if Carol is dead. They've written her off too easily. Daryl putting the flower on the grave is simply showing that they've completely moved on. They have no hope that she could possibly be alive. Feels like they're trying too hard to push the idea that she's dead to me.

Here's my question - are we so sure the person spying on Carol during that one episode was the prisoner that Rick chased away? It seems likely, but there's still the potential that someone else is lurking out there. Could've nabbed Carol, maybe.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:26:54 AM PST
user22 says:
No, Sophia's grave is back at Hershel's farm. They know that T-Dog is dead and they assume that Carol and Lori are dead, so they dug three graves.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:28:28 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Interesting episode last night, but I couldn't help but picture The Fonz on waterskis when zombie wrestling happened.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:31:23 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
Yup, you're right. I totally forgot about that fat bastard in the well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:32:30 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:51 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:32:59 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Yeah, but it was still corny as hell.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:40:18 AM PST
user22 says:
He did lose a bit of weight when they tried to pull him out though. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:41:13 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Really? It didn't seem like a gimmick out-of-character with the show just grabbing for attention to me. It felt like the inevitable moment that Andrea would see the rotten core of Woodbury, and it still felt within context of the realities of the show. They did spend a lot of time showing the spectacle, though, so I could see what you mean with that. Heh, I'm sure some would have been disappointed if they hadn't more, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:43:31 AM PST
Benpachi says:
I mean, that part of the story was inevitable, but I just thought the whole scene was silly. Lynyrd Skynyd, Merle hyping up the crowd, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:53:43 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Oh, I hear you on that. It was incredibly silly. Still, to invoke the jumping of the shark is to suggest this is the show's turning point into terribleness. That moment that stands out as THE moment the show was pushing for viewer-grabbing gimmicks to keep it alive. It felt silly, certainly, but didn't quite feel like that turning point. Heh, I hope not anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:55:04 AM PST
user22 says:
Yeah, I kind of agree with this. I also don't like that they had Andrea discussing it with The Governor this episode. It would have been a bit more dramatic if they had ended it with a close up of Andrea with a shocked look on her face and then a teaser showing of the "festivities" as the camera zooms out into an aerial view of it.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:03:03 AM PST
user22 says:
What are everybody's thoughts on Michonne being able to leave Woodbury rather easily and Merle's little private conversation with the guard at the gate? In the beginning of the episode, the way she was looking up at The Governor's window and he was looking out at her, he knows she will be a problem for him and I think he might send Merle out to attempt to kill her off. I'm hoping anyway...I can't wait to see a fight with Michonne's sword and Merle's knife hand. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:03:31 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Yeah, perhaps invoking the Fonz is a bit extreme, but I just got a bad feeling about the future of the show during that scene and I haven't been able to shake it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:51:31 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:51 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 6:56:32 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
More than that she realized the michonne was right and Woodbury isn't what it seemed, there's a seedy underbelly, and she's starting to see the govenor isn't what he seems. And like you said, there's no one to protect her now that michonne is gone. I really liked it, though felt they let it drag a bit.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:28:25 PM PST
pasteyswazey says:
Dude, you guys are reaching about the symbolicness of Rick stabbing the "pregnant" zombie's belly. No way. I think he was just going prison-raid crazy on the zombie and just stabbing at anything he could get to fast enough. I think there's no way Rick will ever resent the baby, just maybe himself more for making the mistake of letting the prisoner live and assume he got killed. Rick seems like he's starting to hate himself more because of what he is becoming. Just think, he used to protect people for a living, he still does, but he doesn't have laws to live by, he just has to make them up as he goes.

And the phone is added to the series! I think that's so cool. But yeah, I think the only stabbing to the zombie is because Rick would have eaten him to just show him how much he hates zombies if he had any thought that it wouldn't infect him further with the fever to lead to his quick death and zombification.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:45:23 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:52 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:28:04 AM PST
user22 says:
Keep in mind that it still isn't known whether the baby is Rick's or Shane's. That has got to have some effect on him. He knew that Walker had eaten Lori and his reaction was to stab it repeatedly in the belly?! Why not stab it repeatedly in the head or chest? Think about it...In essence he was stabbing at what looked like a pregnant belly. And on top of that, he was stabbing at a belly full of Lori's remains.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:44:30 AM PST
You are somewhat correct with this. Rick wanted to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Lori was actually gone and was willing to go to any lengths to convince himself she might not actually be dead. When he came into the room and saw the blood but that she wasn't there he had a moment of hope on his face, but slowly he pieced it together finding the shell casing (yes pistols produce casings which is what Rick found, fire a pistol sometime and tell me what that hot piece of metal is that comes out the top) and then the trail to the zombie.

This sort of goes back to Sophia when Daryl and Rick found the one zombie they thought had eaten her. They cut it open and found nothing inside thus giving them hope that Sophia might still be alive. However just before he cut it open and spilled the remains of recently departed wife all over the floor he realized what he was doing and that nothing was going to change what happened thus we saw anger.

Rick sort of followed the Five Stages of Grief:

Denial - Outside the prison when he first saw Carl he started saying no and trying to convince himself it didn't happen. He shut down, didn't acknowledge the baby, and went into his own little world while everyone dealt with the new born.

Anger - Clearly this is what Rick was experiencing when he was slaughtering the undead inside the prison and when he went after Glenn briefly. Anger was all Rick could experience, anger that Lori was gone, anger that he didn't kill the prisoners when he had a chance, anger that he couldn't protect his wife, anger that Carl had to be the one to make sure she didn't come back, anger that he never got to tell her how he truly felt.

Bargaining - When he finds the blood and remains there's a time there where I think Rick wasn't sure she was dead. Again this goes back to Sophia and proving to himself she's not dead. I'm going to cut this zombie open and it'll be full of an some dead animal or something like that. This can't have my wife inside him, I just saw her earlier, she was alive an hour ago. Rick was willing to do anything to bring her back at that point and I think he was just looking for any reason to think she was still alive.

Depression - Rick was going through this along with the others but after finding the full zombie you could tell it hit him hard. There was no denying what happened. Lori is gone and he's left with the shattered remains of his family to pick up and somehow move forward in a world that is consumed by death. I'm sure when Rick gave that speech to Carl about everyone dying he never figured Carl would be the one to put Lori or even himself down.

Acceptance - This will tie into the next few episodes as we see Rick come back from the brink and begin to deal with the aftermath. I think this is going to be the death that finally gets Rick over this death hump and back on the track to being strong leader I know him as from the comics.

Things are happening far differently from the comics right now but I think they are going to stick to this structure and have Rick go through the motions of Grief because he's going to come out stronger on the other side. Where others let death slow them down and drag them down Rick uses it as a means to spur himself on to do better and never make the same mistakes again.

@ user22

It's Shane's kid, there's no two ways about it. Lori was pregnant right after Rick showed up and they didn't manage to have sex until some time after Rick came back into the picture because he was busy taking care of the group. Lori even tells him in season two that it is Shane's child but Rick doesn't want to hear it because he's going to love the child the same regardless of who the father is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:37:29 AM PST
user22 says:
We don't really know when the baby was conceived. Last year in an interview with TV Guide, Sarah Wayne Callies was asked, "How will Shane react to the pregnancy? Will he assume it's his?" and she replied with, "Callies: That's her biggest fear right now, because there's no way to be sure whose baby it is, unless it turns out that she's two months pregnant and it happened before Rick was shot. But at this point, there's no timeline, so she's really afraid."

She did not tell Rick in season two that it is Shane's child; I'm sure I would have remembered that revelation. There's no way she could know that since not even she knew for sure when she became pregnant. The only way we'll ever know for sure is if the group happens upon a real doctor who can perform a paternity test or if the kid grows up to have massive Jon Bernthal ears and nose.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:45:43 AM PST
Ice King says:
Part of me was thinking he was going to cut the zombie open and see Lori's fully intact head staring back at him. It would have been so ridiculous but funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:49:47 AM PST
Nytmare says:
Except its from the source that shall not be named...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:56:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 8:56:35 AM PST
Ice King says:
And if anything, it was much more mild than what happened in that unspeakable text.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 11:34:46 AM PST
pasteyswazey says:
This is what gets me with zombies though. They don't poop. Now it looks like all of them, if they've eaten would all be bloated like that one that ate Lori. What they eat never digest, so if you're a zombie, and it's been 9 months since you turned into a zombie, and you've clawed around and knawed at dead or dying things for 9 - 11 months, would you be so full that either your stomach would burst because you cannot digest or your belly swell so big that it just makes it hard for you to walk?

So, my big question is, why aren't all zombies so fat that they cannot move. And I'm talking about fat after they became a zombie. I think that zombie in a well was fat before he fell in the well.

And really, wouldn't a zombie apocalypse eventually thin out if you survived long enough? I mean it looks like birds would peck you to death (I mean, er, you're a zombie, so they peck you down to the bone . . . if you wander outside), like if you stopped walking when you were a zombie, vultures would come and pick your body clean--they really are nature's garbage cleaners. Or it looks like you would rot to the point that you'd be a mass of meat that couldn't move. I mean you'd have to survive rain and storms and all of that. It'd be like the governor's kid. Eventually she's just going to rot away into nothing. He's not going to be able to keep combing her hair because all of her skin will fall off, unless I guess he keeps a generator going so that it keeps her cold all of the time, but then you'd have to freeze her. I wonder if a frozen zombie can move? I wouldn't think so.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:42:29 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:53 PM PDT]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  138
Total posts:  2236
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 25, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions