Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Weekend Gaming Recap

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 51 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 7, 2013 5:12:16 AM PST
How was Everyone's weekend?

I stuck with Pokemon Black all weekend. Didn't play much, but leveled up a few Pokemon. Still need about 17 to finish.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 5:16:26 AM PST
I finished Half Life 2 and started on Fable 3. Fun game, but I think I need to get used to the control scheme. The movement seems really flighty and it's going to take some getting used to coming from much tighter controlling games.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 5:19:01 AM PST
I started Uncharted 2 this weekend. Didn't get too far into it but it has my attention

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 5:19:46 AM PST
Finally got around to firing up Dishonored, and loving it so far. Just got to Granny Rags and took care of the gentlemen callers and now heading to the good doctors office upon her request to look for some rat plague. I started out trying to make my first playthrough completely non-violent, but that went out of the window early. So, I'm going to find out the high chaos ending first.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 5:19:52 AM PST
Technosapien says:
Ended up playing nothing but Mass Effect. Finished the game with my engineer. Now I'm gonna start a new game on hardcore difficulty.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 5:20:23 AM PST
waxc3 says:
overall a great weekend.
Epic Mickey 2 was terrible.
Batman Arkham City is okay so far (2 hours in).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 5:21:28 AM PST
Arkham City was one of the best games I played this past year. It should get better

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 5:24:01 AM PST
waxc3 says:
i wasnt very good at the first one so i put off playing this one. thus far i did a lot of wandering around getting XP. breaking cameras, beating up baddies, good times.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 5:25:37 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Lots of Far Cry 3, I'm almost done the main story missions and I'm wrapping up a lot of the blue icon quests: hunter, wanted, citizen, supply. I was also relic and letter hunting. I want to try to get the 60 relics for the trophy (currently at 46-ish), and all 20 letters.

I played a little Dark Souls too as a sorcerer. I got careless with all the zombies on my way to the Bell Gargoyle and ended up dying, the kicker is that I was killed there so my 11k souls were just trashed which sucks because I was working on saving 20k of them to get the Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring. I had to take a break after that happened.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 5:26:10 AM PST
Played Divinity II TDKS all day Saturday.

Slept most of Sunday and woke up to a horrendous sore throat and nasty cough-cold.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 5:33:46 AM PST
A bit of Far Cry 3 and Resident Evil 6 with the wife.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 5:34:27 AM PST
FOGE says:
Beat Spec Ops the Line and absolutely loved it. I was surprised how great the game was. Reminded me a lot of Uncharted. Started Binary Domain and am really enjoying it so far. Very interesting game. Also played a bunch of Black Ops 2.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 5:35:52 AM PST
I finished Sleeping Dogs last night after the football. What an awesome game. I also "finished" Resident Evil as well. I say it that way because after playing the first two campaigns I gave up. I said the game was fantastic when I first started but it just lost it's luster after Leon. I don't think the game is terrible but it's definitely not fantastic.

One thing I really, really, really, really hated was when the game assumes the player is an idiot and steals control of the camera to show me something that I didn't need to be force fed. Yes Capcom I understand there is a huge monster there trying to kill me ... you don't have to force me to look at it for 10 seconds getting me killed in the process. And the "you have to fight the same boss 2,340,502,503,538,905,874 times" thing needs to be retired. Now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 5:40:42 AM PST
I agree with that forced camera issue. Died a couple of times because of it, hopefully they patch this.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 5:41:38 AM PST
Why would they patch it? It's a "feature". It's "look! look! Do you know how much that set piece cost? We don't want you to miss it!"

Bad design decision.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 5:42:38 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I finished the Walking Dead.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 5:43:07 AM PST
Prankster says:
I actually played what I'd said in the weekend gaming thread on Friday. Finished Act 3 in Vanquish (it's been a thrilling ride so far) and finished The Walking Dead. The latter was a fantastic game and very deserving of all the GotY awards. It always, always held my attention right till the end. I wasn't too thrilled about the performance of the game on the 360 though. It was very dark in spite of being at the max brightness level.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 5:43:57 AM PST
Played some Resistance 3. Got to NYC last night, so I think I'm pretty close to the end.

Also played some Borderlands 2 co-op, which is always great fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 5:43:57 AM PST
Or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 5:45:00 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
There's no "cinematic camera" toggle option in Options?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 5:45:32 AM PST
Are you asking because you know there is and you're a bastid?

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 5:46:22 AM PST
Coffee says:
Chivalry, and all 5 episodes of The Walking Dead in one sitting.... I couldn't put it down.

Damn that ending....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 5:47:24 AM PST
Prankster says:
Seconded. I just finished it a couple of hours ago as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 5:52:32 AM PST
JWK says:
I was able to finish a couple games this weekend. Beat Plants vs. Zombies on my iPad a second time, finally finished Alan Wake: American Nightmare on XBL, and finished Outland on XBL.

I usually don't play so many games at the same time, but I'm currently working my way through Darksiders (PS3), Burnout: Revenge (360), Dishonored (360), and Super Metroid (SNES).

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 5:54:24 AM PST
I have a bunch of open slots now actually ... I have no current PS3, 360 or PS2 games. I was thinking of Final Fantasy X2, Far Cry 3 and maybe starting work on one of the HD remake bundles .. maybe the Sly Cooper one ...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  51
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2013
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions