Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Let's be honest with ourselves: Video Games ARE violent.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 122 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:22:27 AM PST
Beau H. says:
Not unless it grows legs and achieves consciousness.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:22:42 AM PST
KrisCo says:
You know what headline I want to see.."Violence caused video games."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:23:33 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I like the part where you call everyone nerds.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:24:55 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Don't countries with low crime rates have access to the same Mature and Rated R content that Americans do?

Oh, they do?

So, I guess we're going to have to pin the blame somewhere else.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:25:54 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
I constantly hear things in the news about this around these times when a tragedy happens like this. They were just talking about the games this guy like to play all over the news WOW and SC, so to say its just on here in this forum is exaggerated.

I agree though that games are not the cause for anything, I can make a much better point using music

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:26:24 AM PST
R. Typo says:
If the ''overly sensitive and paranoid about games'' label applies to you ...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:26:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 9:27:10 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Those countries also have shorter work weeks, more vacation, more holidays and better health care options. Maybe parents spend more time with their kids and there is help for those who need it? Those countries also have far stricter guns laws. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:27:56 AM PST
R. Typo says:
I think music is a poor example though, people who listen to gangsta rap, and death metal nonstop are certainly affected by it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:28:00 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I know, but that won't fit on this Epson LabelWorks LW-400 Label Maker (C51CB70010). Nerd fits though.

It's only four letters!

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:30:04 AM PST
Char says:
I have trouble finding anything to play in front of my daughter which means I'm biding my time most nights until she falls asleep. The real problem isn't the violence in video games, but the fact that kids are given access to them. People are so quick to blame video games or guns, but parenting is at the root of a lot of these problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:32:03 AM PST
It is human nature.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:32:38 AM PST
Agreed...

Aren't japanese games and movies more violent in general?? yet, their murder rate is NOTHING like ours. It's a culture thing. something is wrong with our culture and blaming games and movies is just a pathetic excuse.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:33:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 9:35:57 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Japan has a flatout ban on firearms except shotguns and getting a shotgun is very difficult.... and yes they have hardly any violent crime.

http://www.guncite.com/journals/dkjgc.html

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:34:28 AM PST
Just like in any great story, there needs to be a conflict, and most of these conflicts usually involve violence in one way or another. Also...being violent in video games makes me feel like a badass.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:34:36 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Sessler made an interesting comment that made me think in his new "Sessler Something". Talking about back with the tragedy Columbine and how people were going on about video game violence then. What I was shocked to hear (maybe just because I never thought about it) how he was getting hate mail and death threats because he was the devil for promoting violent video games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51n2CAm4_8Q

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:34:51 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
I dont let my daughter watch everything i play but she has seen some games like BF3 or COD but even at her age we always have those talks this is fake not real its just a game and she is always saying that when she seems me play. I want my daughter taught from a young age that its fake for fun not real etc.

Now some games sure if they have a lot of violence then i will wait till she is asleep

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:36:06 AM PST
R. Typo says:
Japan has an incredibly violent history, being on the wrong side of such atrocities during WWII had something of an affect on their culture as a whole. They also don't have such access to guns, which is a large part of it, but there have been multiple school stabbings.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:36:15 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
LIFE is violent. Stupid people who let a digital media consume their life and make decisions for them = psychologically insane.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:36:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 9:38:33 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
And I mean, seriously, horrifically violent. Helpless infants are eaten alive by their parents, just because they're stressed. Packs isolate and chase after animals to exhaustion and rip them limb from limb. Sex is pretty much never consentual.

Mother nature is a monster.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:42:10 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
I disagree. I know many people who repeat dumb lines in movies. What about all the teens throwing parties because they saw that stupid movie Project X? How many people try to copy what they see in movies and post the videos on YouTube? How many kids dress like their favorite celebrities or try to minic the lifestyles they think celebrities live? I have had kids tell me they were going to be nothing in life because they can't rap or play basketball. The media influences people more than people think it does.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:42:55 AM PST
AmmmY says:
You lost me at "The Fox News article"

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:47:16 AM PST
What we really have is a correlation of something popular with young white males in America which happens to be the profile for almost every one of these shootings.

We should put together a list of all these things that are "causing violence". This just in, masterbation makes people kill!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:48:06 AM PST
R. Typo says:
I remember the Disney movie The Program (yep, that one about college football), which had a scene where players lay along traffic lines in the middle of traffic. Well, after numerous people in real life emulated it, and died, Disney removed the scene.

I don't think that the movie is responsible for what those people did, they are just dum, but they were definitely influenced by it. While a lot of people on this forum have higher than avg iqs (questionable? ha, i kid), the population as a whole, doesn't.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:48:57 AM PST
And then there is Canda where every household has a gun and they don't lock doors?

Blaming guns for high crime rate? again.. pulling straws here.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:49:22 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
A bunch of kids got hurt trying to car surf after Teen Wolf came out, too.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  122
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions