Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Most Outragous Praise You've heard about a game?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 147 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:21:06 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:28:56 AM PST
Uncharted 2 got an 11/10 from a reviewer, it's nonsense on the face of it. Great game, but nothing deserves a 10/10 much less an 11/10.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:41:05 AM PST
Crysis 2 is gorgeous, but not Uncharted 3 gorgeous. It lacks as much detail, both in environments and especially character models. Halo 4 looks almost as good as Uncharted 3, but again, no cigar.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:42:23 AM PST
It seems that almost every time you post here, you are somehow complaining about Sony fanboys or saying how despicable this place is. Why do they get you so worked up to the point that you have to bash Sony games practically every time you post? And why is it that you never complain about Microsoft fanboys? You always seem to be upset about pro-Sony bias on this forum, and given the fact that I've had some good, engaging conversations with you in the past, I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. But as time goes on, I'm starting to think that you are just an angry Microsoft fanboy yourself, which is why you harbor such rage toward every Cinema Fan, Flores, and Doug that comes across here.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:42:28 AM PST
Halo 4 gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ywQyHkwCMk

Uncharted 3 gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYmzyGe8L2I

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:43:33 AM PST
Who cares?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:44:53 AM PST
Wanda does.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:52:35 AM PST
From a professional reviewer? Not like some kid reviewing it on Metacritic?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:54:37 AM PST
Can't remember the site, but yes. 10 just wasn't good enough for them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:55:00 AM PST
Well said.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:59:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 11:03:32 AM PST
Lucanus says:
You do realize that isn't praise but a mathetical fact based on Gamerankings+Metacritic, right? Perhaps at the end of the day that doesn't mean anything, but that doesn't make it any less of a fact.

I never got the GTA IV praise. The controls were clunky, the story silly and the combat was terrible. Cars still had terrible floaty physics.... I don't get why people like this game, I really, really don't.

I also never got the Journey praise. It bored me for an hour, than was over. But some how the game is awesome....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:01:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 3:45:06 PM PST
Obviously he means that the praise that those games got, in general, was enough to rank it among the best games this generation, and that such high praise for those games is what he finds ridiculous.

Never let it be said that I an unwilling to defend Flores when other people are wrong about him.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:02:16 AM PST
He could just say "Flores here!" and we'd know what he's saying. There's no need for him to waste time typing anything.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:02:32 AM PST
Soulshine says:
11/10 as a legit review score.

I'm sure this has been mentioned.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:05:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 11:14:32 AM PST
DVvM says:
Well, arguably, depending on what you declare 10/10 means (perhaps something like "as good as can conceivably expected") you can give that score.

But an 11/10 score is simply nonsensical. This is not Spinal Tap. The fact that you have a range of scores, and you deliberately give something outside that range undermines the edifice of your credibility. If you want to have something for "This is better than other games we've scored 10/10" or something, give it an editor's choice gold star or whatever.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:06:07 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Oh, I have to mention Bioshock. I finished the game and then sold it. The combat was average, the constant hacking was tedious... the game wasnt' that great.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:06:13 AM PST
Skyrim Was fun, but overrated.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:08:19 AM PST
Oh, right, I meant for me personally 10/10 shouldn't be possible.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:11:57 AM PST
Lucanus says:
I don't mind 10/10, there are a few games I would honestly score perfect;

Galaxy 1
Final Fantasy VII
Pikmin
Metroid Prime
Halo

I found nothing wrong with those games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:13:43 AM PST
I.Flores says:
Yeah. So sue me for having an oppinion that differs from yours.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:16:13 AM PST
You're welcome to have any opinion you want, it's just that we know what your opinions are without you having to say it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:17:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 11:18:05 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Having a differing opinion isn't the problem. It is the consistantcy of your opinion which is easily summarized;

Sony=good
Everybody=bad

I have yet to see you post anything negative about Sony. I have also never seen you post anything positive about anybody outside Sony. It is clear you don't play video games, you play Playstation. The same isn't true about Jason, Punk, DvVM, Mogwai, etc. They post pro and cons about everybody.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:17:43 AM PST
I.Flores says:
That's what happens when you've been here as long as I have.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:19:04 AM PST
Lucanus says:
No that is what happens when your opinion never changes. I don't even have to know what the next ps3 exclusive is going to be, you will love it. I don't have to know what the next Nintendo exclusive will be, you will find it overrated. It really is that simple.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:19:52 AM PST
I.Flores says:
No. Not at all. My favorite game this gen isn't even an exclusive.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  147
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions