Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Issue Downloading/Installing Max Payne 3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2012 4:59:31 PM PST
TheMaddGamer says:
Hi all,

So I'm having a serious technical issue. I just downloaded and installed my copy of Max Payne 3 earlier today. Shortly after this I unwisely tried renaming the folder where the setup files were located and this led to some issues with the game icons disappearing and the game not launching. I then uninstalled it and deleted all the game files. I am now trying to redownload and reinstall the game, but when I launch the Amazon downloader it gives me an error message containing the path where I previously installed it ("E:\Program Files\Max Payne 3") and now it won't download at all. I have tried looking to see if there were any keys left behind in the registry or something, but I couldn't find any. Is there anything I can do?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 6:47:07 PM PST
Solid Sponge says:
I would try deleting all Max Payne data completely. Go to your OS and delete the folder you kept your install in. Don't delete the individual contents, delete the folder as a whole. This method works everytime I have an issue trying to install a game from Steam.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:14:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 7:15:18 PM PST
TheMaddGamer says:
Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I did, I completely deleted all the game files. I even wiped the free space on my drive to see if that would do anything at all, but it didn't. Also, the downloader I used wasn't the official Amazon downloading client. When I click on "Download" next to the game in my "Games & Software Library" it opens up a standalone downloader that just saves to the disk and doesn't need installing. I've tried talking to Amazon support about this, but they redirected me to Rockstar support and now they're looking into it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions