Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Official VGF Weekend Gaming Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 134 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2012 5:10:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 5:15:57 AM PST
I figured we host one of these every single weekend, then post throughout the week on it with recaps. Why not just continually post in the same thread until we kill it?

So, for the 12/14-12/16 weekend, what are you playing?

I'm going to be reformatting my PC all morning Saturday and reinstalling windows, probably while playing Growlanser on my Vita. I'm about 11 hours into it and it just keeps getting better.

EDIT: OH! Wintersday starts today in GW2 as well!

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:12:34 AM PST
Nicos says:
Firefall, Fallout New Vegas and Pathfinder. Probably messing around with Hotline Miami and try to get the last couple of masks.

I might actually play The Secret World for a bit since it is now F2P.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:13:47 AM PST
Going to get the season pass for Halo 4 today and play a bit of that over the weekend.

Setting up Duke 3D's res packs and giving that a go.

Also will be playing a few games of league here and there.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:13:59 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Not a bad idea. I'm planning on hitting up VStock tonight to see what retro hockey games I can grab. Also gonna see if they have Hitz 2003.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:15:08 AM PST
Fun game of league last night. I dove too much in the beginning, hehe. Jayce was hitting harder than I thought he would for awhile.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:21:25 AM PST
Dark Souls running, and I might fire up some skyrim to get to peek into Dawnguard which I had purchased back when it was on sale. Haven't really fired it up, but I did download some more mods for the game yesterday so I'm going to test those out as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:21:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 5:24:10 AM PST
Yeah! After around the 20 minute mark Katarina was way too fed for me to be able to stand remotely close in team fights...She focused me every single time and her W took off 80% of my health! Lol.

It got to the point where I had to back completely off when I saw her in team fights and wait for her to use her W.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:25:30 AM PST
I waited till she jumped in and then I'd ult her. She popped shortly thereafter towards the end, hehe.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:26:20 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Oh! Also! HAAAAAAWKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:29:23 AM PST
FOGE says:
I started Spec Ops The Line last night and really am enjoying it. Im already on Chapter 7. Going to finish it tomorrow most likely. Then I plan on starting Mass Effect 2 since I have nothing going on this weekend. Should be able to put a lot of time into it. Also plan on playing a little bit of Blops 2.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:29:40 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Hoping to plat Under Defeat HD, two trophies to go. Amazing shmup.

Might play some Halo 4 online, haven't played it in weeks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:35:53 AM PST
What's the gameplay like in that? Is it like the old MechWarrior games? I've seen several people on my friends firing this up over the last while and I'm curious.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:40:06 AM PST
More Virtue's Last Reward for me, as I'm trying to play through all of the endings. I may download Crimson Shroud from the eShop too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:42:11 AM PST
Much faster paced than those games. You have fewer weapon selections, but you can upgrade other stuff like passive abilities and you can use special items like turrets, shields, and EMPs.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:42:29 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
It's less of an emphasis on the sim aspect than Mech Warrior was. The idea is to acheive more of a frentic fast-paced gameplay.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:47:07 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
probably some more FO3. just started broken steel last night, after figuring out how to do so.

may throw in some halo 4 as well, as i am already bored with blops 2 MP.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:50:01 AM PST
new Tron says:
Far Cry 3. I may actually finish it this weekend, which is gonna suck. Such a great game.

I'd like to get co-op in on the PC, so I'll be keeping any eye on my friends list when I'm online. Haven't played any games with lots of you guys in a while.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:29:02 AM PST
I'll be playing Lego LOtR for sure. I got WWE 13 the other day and I've been going between the 2. My son got an early Xmas gift of Madden 13 and I promised to help him out with it.

Speaking of Madden, I dont get it. Why is this game so "popular"? This is my first experience with a Madden title and I'm not all that impressed. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:30:34 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Probably all Farcry 3; I really need to get back to Virtue's Last Reward.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:36:33 AM PST
Finished Uncharted 3's story, starting to really dig the multiplayer--so I'll do some of that. Probably get a bunch of MAG in as well. It would be nice If I could finish Dishonored too. We'll see.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:40:28 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Finished Nier's A ending, I'll grind a little bit for upgrade materials and do B. You can beat the game hilariously fast in NG+, as in a few hours. I'm already up to entering Shadowlord's castle. I picked up Risen 2 so I'll probably play that a bit and try Hawken.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:50:27 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
I passed all 6 of my classes yesterday so i will graduate on the 20th. Now i get to sleep in on saturdays and have more free time to game.

Black Ops 2 since its douple exp
Halo 4 because they released new maps
Ghostbusters: TVG Multiplayer for my last 2 achievements

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:53:13 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
It's easy but the NG+ in Nier add/change the cutscenes so make sure to watch them!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:55:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 6:58:24 AM PST
Congratulations!

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:58:20 AM PST
R. J. Gutt says:
Aragorn's Quest
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  48
Total posts:  134
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions