Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Starhawk is Actually pretty fun

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2012 7:42:44 AM PST
I started playing it got the single player for "free" with PS+ and I am actually enjoying the game there was potential there but seems like the should have focused on single player IMO.

To me people have certain MP games at this point in a console gen that they invested in and are not going to try and learn a whole new system and this one seemed really involved and didnt think it would foster much of a community that is why I didnt get this game.

Sony needs to focus on a few high quality exclusives per year and build up hype for the games next gen. They release too many exclusives that get lost in the shuffle, of good to decent games that have no advertising.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 7:44:54 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
It has 100% more single player than Warhawk. Starhawk is a MP game with a single player tacked on. Not the other way around.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:15:15 AM PST
I know I guess my point was a MP focused game with no hype is dead in the water because there will be no community and people will move to the games that their friends are playing. So they should have just taken the pretty cool game elements of Starhawk and made a really good single player game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:18:28 AM PST
FOGE says:
That would be like saying Call of Duty should be single player only. This is a MP title first and foremost.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 9:10:20 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
I also enjoyed the SP, but warhawk was awesome MP. It just took a lifetime to rank up and if you could not learn to fly you were shafted IMO. at least with starhawk those mechs turned into ships

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:02:55 AM PST
RdRunner71 says:
Is anyone playing Starhawk MP? It's so cheap now and seems like it could be fun, if it's not just totally empty...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:05:05 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Starflawp was at it's prime during the Beta. I poured in 100 hours in that thing. Then when it releases at retail, it's just pure garbage. They ignored what people were trying to tell them and they just released the trash anyway. On top of that the community was/is small and should've just been released at 30.00 for MP only.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:05:25 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
I found it to be a pretty mediocre experience. Single player's clearly an afterthought, map design was a mixed bag, art direction was pretty lousy, etc.

I found Warhawk a lot more fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:06:39 AM PST
I. Flores says:
I have a hard time believing a beta could be better than the finished product, but then again, you love spewing crap on the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:10:18 AM PST
jtshiel says:
It could've been everyone's go to MP if Sony hadn't of botched it.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:11:03 AM PST
K Archer says:
Yes people play. Don't expect anyone to go easy on you, though. Yeah, there are some clans that will train new players, but unless you ask them, they'll continue to play in their servers...which are very popular and attract a lot of competition.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:13:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 10:17:41 AM PST
K Archer says:
They ignored the "make the air absolutely superior so I don't have to work for my kills" players.

If they listened to them...you'd have no one playing now, because all it would be are CAF "pilots" A2Ging everyone with clusters, being completely invincible.

EDIT: Also, what name did you post on the forums under? Because I sure don't recall ever seeing you there...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:18:05 AM PST
I. Flores says:
I absolutely loathed that on Warhawk. There were players who the only time they were on the ground is from the moment they spawned to the time it took em to run towards a plane.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:22:59 AM PST
K Archer says:
There are still people like that...but...they are a lot easier to deal with. There are also a lot fewer people who are nearly immortal in the air (though, if you happen to run into one it still is bad, especially if you don't have a good pilot on your team). Obviously, you still need to have some air presence, but its part of the game, and as long as enemy pilots are distracted they can't go about A2Ging everything.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:52:47 AM PST
Sparhawk says:
I know!

...wait.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions