Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Got my wii u Saturday night.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2012 12:06:10 AM PST
jnjmcc says:
I love this system, the game pad is awesome and I actually think this thing can be the future of gaming. The installs stink,but my ps3 has them as we'll so I can live with it. I picked up the deluxe edition with Mario.
The two games I have are really fun, Mario looks and plays great and nintendo land is a great party game. Planning on buying a bunch of classic Nintendo games when I can access the virtual shop(can't right now, I don't have a wii remote) and I plan on buying the sonic racing game and zombieu.
I can't wait to see Pokemon, luigis manison, Zelda, star fox, or any of the big name Nintendo games come out. Nintendo has done it again!

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 4:21:40 AM PST
Aku says:
Does Sonic Kart have online play? I got it out of impulse when I saw the cheap price on the eshop, but holy crap it's like 6GB and still has an hour or so before it's done downloading.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 4:24:03 AM PST
jnjmcc says:
Haven't really read too much into it, but it has gotten solid reviews with some people saying it reminded the a lot of diddy kong racing, so it will be under the Christmas tree here soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 4:59:41 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 17, 2013 7:54:04 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:14:45 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
I think that's the first I've seen you post that wasn't anti-Sony. Are you feeling well today?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:24:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 5:33:40 AM PST
Beau H. says:
I tried the Wii U out at Gamestop and was pretty impressed; it feels a lot less "gimmicky" than the Wii...although I thought the Wii was fun too. I think I'll get a Wii U, but probably not until closer to my birthday in March. A big plus for me is that Rayman Legends is being released on the Wii U as an exclusive and I LOVE Rayman Origins, so the Wii U seems like the logical choice.

Is the 32 GB system worth it or is the basic 8 GB setup okay?

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 5:33:35 AM PST
jnjmcc says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:36:48 AM PST
FOGE says:
I cant wait to see Pokemon, Luigis Mansion, Zelda and especially Star Fox on the Wii U as well. However, I d be surprised if Wii U got half of these.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:37:15 AM PST
jnjmcc says:
I think it's worth the extra $50, Nintendo land is fun and the charging stand for the game pad is really nice. If you are not interested in those, the basic will suite you just fine. I just bought the 32 gig so I I didn't have to invest in a external hard drive right away.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:39:21 AM PST
Beau H. says:
Ya, I think I'll go for the 32 GB system...those extras are worth it to me.

How much does an extra game pad cost?

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 5:39:23 AM PST
jnjmcc says:
What makes you think that, the only one I worry about is Pokemon and its more of what kind of Pokemon game we get. If luigis mansion does well on the 3ds, I think we will see one for the wii u.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 5:42:10 AM PST
jnjmcc says:
You can't buy a extra gamepad yet, but when they do become available it's rumored they will cost around $170 :(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:45:06 AM PST
Ice King says:
I'd love to see a console version of the actual Pokemon game, but if history is any indication all we're going to get is a stadium or picture taking game.
Or maybe they'll mix things up and make a stadium game where you take pictures.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 5:45:23 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Congrats on your new toy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:45:57 AM PST
For 39 it doesnt seem too bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:48:37 AM PST
FOGE says:
Nintendo's history. They had none of those games (except for Zelda) on the Wii. I am so confounded that they wont release a proper sequel to Star Fox. That game was amazing. one of my faves.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:50:23 AM PST
FOGE says:
Yeah, exactly. I'd love to see a console version of the actual game as well. Id like for the game to still be in 2d, but to have battles play out in 3d and have the gamepad be the device to choose attacks and what not. That would easily be a day one for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:52:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 5:53:01 AM PST
Ice King says:
I got a taste of what that would be like when I used my DS for Pokemon Stadium on the Wii and it was great.
I just wish there was an actual game to play, I don't get Nintendo's aversion to releasing a console Pokemon RPG. I have no doubt that it would do very well. Even if it was just a remake of the first game with a few Wii U features tacked on, it would still be successful.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:56:12 AM PST
FOGE says:
I dont understand it either. Id prefer to play that game on a console with better graphics. THe gampad would be perfect for it. I cant believe how much fun Pokemon games still are. I thought I was too old for them, until I recently bought my DS and White 1. Cmon Nintendo! Bring this to fruition!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:58:30 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Black got me back into Pokemon as well. Such a fantastic game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:04:49 AM PST
My suggestion is don't get the 8gb, get the 32gb. You are paying 50$ more but you get so much more than 50$ worth. And the 32gb comes with nintendoland, which oddly enough is more entertaining than I expected it to be.

Plus it comes with a wii u gamepad charge stand which I find... far more useful than I expected. Done playing? no need to fiddle around with a wire to plug it in, just place it on the stand quickly and easily and your set!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:07:01 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
that is the next game i am going to pick up, now i am just trying to figure out when that will be.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 6:11:20 AM PST
jnjmcc says:
The charging stand is great, I have sitting on my end table next to my ipad. The both look great there lol. I would love a re remake of red blue set in 3d, liked black and white I just prefer the 1st and second generation of Pokemon.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 6:15:12 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I agree with Jack. There is a lot of added value in that Deluxe model. If the choice was buying a Basic now, or waiting until you have an extra $50 to get a Deluxe, then you should definitely wait.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 6:44:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 6:49:04 AM PST
Congrats and enjoy. :)

I also agree with the gentlemen who have posted the Deluxe is worth the extra $50. It comes with 4x the storage space, Nintendoland (great for local multiplayer) and a charge station. Personally I think 8 gb isn't enough storage space, not when the OS takes something like 5 gb. :)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
♫♥ *Happy Bïrthday* ♥♫ 6 1 minute ago
Crystal Dynamics confirms Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive 13 5 minutes ago
I wrote this song a long time ago. 8 6 minutes ago
Telltale's The Walking Dead did storytelling better than The Last of Us 206 6 minutes ago
Free your mind and life by surrendering to truth 1 8 minutes ago
So what are some peaceful quiet small town cities at in the world? 43 8 minutes ago
Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition thread 235 16 minutes ago
OT: Most Overrated Book You've Ever Read? 104 23 minutes ago
Weekend gaming 08/22 - 08/24: Who else had a crappy week? 94 33 minutes ago
Pc vs Console's: Which is truly the best? 201 41 minutes ago
Breaking news. 360 v PS3 are tied again globally. Sony sits in 3rd place overall. 193 48 minutes ago
Polytron and Phil Fish Hacked, tons of Personal Info Leaked 37 48 minutes ago

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions