Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Just started playing Dark Souls.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 18, 2012 10:32:43 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
So, I played for a little while when it first came out, and chose the Pyromancer for my first character. I think I should have picked something different though, because the learning curve, for me at least, seemed a little steep, and after the first black knight slaughtered my guy like 20 times straight, I set the game down.
Now, a year later, I decided to start again, this time with the Cleric. Maybe the second time is the charm, because even though I die regularly, I feel like I'm moving forward with more speed, and am having less trouble with each battle. Plus, having healing spells in addition to Estus is nice.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 10:38:40 AM PST
If you had just started your character, then there are no areas in the beginning where you have to face a BK. I know that there is one in the first area past FLS, but he's only guarding a ring that you can do without so feel free to skip until you have a handle on controls. Once you learn how to parry, no pve enemy will give you much trouble. Protip, if you get really good at it, you can parry arrows and it not damage you or mess with your poise.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 10:51:47 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
Sweet. Yeah, that was the one. I havent gotten back there with my new character yet, but I do have parry working this time out. So far, I've just been dodging arrows/bolts, lol. It's more fun this time out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 11:15:01 AM PST
Dodging is good, but there is an area in Anor Londo that being able to parry the arrows is a very good thing because you will be crossing on a very narrow path that you can fall down and die on either side. Glad that you're having a better time this go around. It's an awesome game that I wish others could experience if they could get past the 'impossible difficulty' that so many people speak of.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions