Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Sneakiest kills in video games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 55 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2012 10:35:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 10:35:34 AM PST
pyroguy says:
which video games have you guys/gals played, that allowed you to perform some of the sneakiest kills ever?

My vote goes to The Well mission in "Rage", because there's one particular area (where you'll get the Mine collector card) where you can stealth kill a couple of the Ghost Bandits if you're quick enough. And when they notice the dead bodies and come towards you, you can spam the unsuspecting S.O.B. with the shotgun, while hiding behind a corner.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 10:37:10 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
In Mark of the Ninja it allowed me to sneak up behind guys and stab them, quite a few times.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 10:38:12 AM PST
Love it in Splinter Cell Double Agent (360 version) where you are hanging off the side of a skyscraper and some dude opens up a service hatch, you grab him and toss him off and watch him fall ALLLLLL the way down. I reloaded the level just to do it again.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 10:39:11 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I think the sneakiest moment in video games for me has to be in MGS3 when fighting The End. This guy wears a ghillie suit all the time, he's been a sniper his entire life, and I'm able to not only sneak up on him, but hold him up with my gun.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:40:53 AM PST
FOGE says:
I just got frustrated and stopped playing for a couple months. When I came back he died of old age.

Sneakiest for me would either be Deus Ex Human Revolution or Assassins Creed. Actually, probably Hitman.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:41:49 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Yeah, if you start the fight then save and turn the game off and wait 7 days. He dies. You don't get his camo, and I think that it counts against you as a kill if you are going for a no kill run.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 10:42:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 10:42:56 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
In Farcry 3 I threw a rock behind a dude and then when he turned around, I stabbed him through his heart.

And then I grabbed his knife and threw it into his buddy's eye.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 10:43:19 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Any Hitman hit when you can kill them in their sleep. I can only think of the one in the mansion - I think there were a few options, including smothering with a pillow.

Pretty sneaky, sis.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:43:26 AM PST
ChuChu Train says:
Haha i found that out the hard way. I took a break from the game for awhile. When i came back i was like wtf wasn't there a boss here? Oh well proceeded to beat the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:43:52 AM PST
pyroguy says:
was the playable character Arnold Schwarzenegger in disguise? =D

Anyway, there's a couple parts in "Duke Nukem Forever" where you can perform some sneaky kills with the Shrinker. Where if an enemy is running towards you, and you're hiding behind a corner, you can pop him with it the very moment he shows himself and instantly step on him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:44:41 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Wait, can you kill them diagonally?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 10:45:25 AM PST
1#Pen Name says:
When i snuck behind a guy on his computer in deus ex.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:46:59 AM PST
Soulshine says:
It's really the only way to go 4 it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:48:09 AM PST
FOGE says:
I was so confused when it happened. Pretty amusing.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 10:48:34 AM PST
Voice of god says:
One time I was playing any stealth game ever, and I snuck up behind a guy without anyone noticing and killed him.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 10:50:53 AM PST
Mass Effect 2 before the Praetorian fight. Before you enter the courtyard, you can sniper the elbow of one of the scions until he's dead, making the fight about 200x easier.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 10:52:15 AM PST
jSten says:
In Red Faction 2, if you surprised a single enemy they would sometimes run off, grab some buddies, and come back to fight with greater numbers. So, if you surprise that single enemy by attaching a remote detonator to their back ... I think you can see where this is going.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:52:37 AM PST
pyroguy says:
perfect for making spawn-kills too

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 10:59:00 AM PST
Kendahl says:
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood...specifically the multiplayer. Revelations and III would probably fit too but I haven't played these yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:59:12 AM PST
DVvM says:
In Deus Ex: HR I was doing a pacifist playthrough and I kept accidentally killing people by dropping heavy boxes on their unconscious bodies, and having to reload a previous save.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:59:45 AM PST
You did it on purpose! Murderer!

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 11:00:35 AM PST
There's always the original sneaky kill of dropping a boulder on an enemy through a thin layer of dirt in Dig Dug. Never saw it coming.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 11:01:54 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - the sneakiest kill ever is hanging on a pipe and reaching down to either snap the neck or put an unsuspecting enemy to sleep.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 11:04:41 AM PST
There was a mission in Borderlands where you work your way "uphill" to a manned turret. I found I could hide behind some scaffolding and keep shooting the enemy without getting hit. I got the feeling I accidentally found a lucky position and that the mission was supposed to be a lot tougher.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 11:18:31 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Hah, I have to kill pretty much every boss in BL1 and 2 by hiding in the enviroment and breaking the game.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  55
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions