Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Sell me on Staflight 1 and/or 2 and/or Wing Commander 1 and/or 2.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2012 8:07:09 AM PDT
I like space sims, but I prefer them to have some personality. I've heard good things about the old games in these series, but I've nothing specific. I don't mind old school gameplay elements, but I do get impatient if things get too frustrating over and over again.

Okay go.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 8:11:13 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
Well it might feel a bit dated but Wing Commander has a good story with twists and turns. Wing Commander 2 greatly upgrades the narrative but 3 has live actors by some fairly famous stars.

Add the great combat with lots of different types of ships and weapons. Toss in the fearless Kilrathi which make a great foe. I'd say it's a great series.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 8:17:06 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
I'll back up what Kin said. WC is good for its time, but its gameplay might be a little dated now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:20:20 AM PDT
Wasn't Mark Hamill in Wing Commander 3?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:30:29 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Yarp.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:36:07 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
Yup! He's the main character. And Tom Wilson (Biff from Back to the Future), John Rhys-Davies (LotR trilogy) and Malcolm McDowell,

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:38:26 AM PDT
I couldn't remember if it was Wing Commander he was in or one of the other ones that used live action cut scenes from back in the 90's. I've never played the third one but I've seen the cut scenes and such on Youtube a long time ago.

Part of me hopes though there will be some little nod to this era of gaming in Star Citizen, even if it is just one live action cut scene I'd be cheering lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:41:59 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
Most of them returned for WC4 and WC: Prophecy too. They added a new main character for Prophecy so Hamill took more of a backseat in that one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:46:59 AM PDT
Oh wow I didn't realize he did more than one Wing Commander. May need to go back and check these out then.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 8:48:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 8:48:51 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
What's more, Clive Owen was the star of Privateer 2. It also had Jon Hurt as a bartender.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 8:50:43 AM PDT
R. J. Gutt says:
Played WC1&2 back in the day, some 20 years ago. WC1 is the BEST space sim ever!

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 2:01:33 PM PDT
Nobody has opinions on Starflight?

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 2:12:28 PM PDT
R. J. Gutt says:
Starflight was not for me.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 2:20:24 PM PDT
I never played Starflight, but Wing Commander 1 and 2 were amazing. It felt like a WW2 story retold in space. TIE Fighter is my all time favorite, though.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions