Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Tales of Graces: F

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2013 11:17:22 AM PST
Keller says:
So I loved Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss. However I could never finish Vesperia. The AI, IMHO was broken. No matter what settings I did, the computer controlled characters never reacted like I needed them too. How does Graces stack up? Is the AI any better? I am thinking about grabbing this game.

Thanks in advance. :)

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:18:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 11:18:49 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I'd say the AI is about the same, but I had zero problems with the AI in Vesperia.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:20:21 AM PST
I had more problems with the AI in Symphonia. Genis loved to charge into battle before casting his long range magic :P

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:21:26 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
The AI in Vesperia was great, imo.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:21:36 AM PST
Keller says:
Really? I couldn't get that stupid girl (I forget her name) to cast heal. All I wanted her to do is cast heal over and over, she'd never do it. She'd wait and then I died. It drove me crazy. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:22:48 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I always had her best heal mapped to the D-pad, so I could force her to heal in a pinch, but I don't remember needing to rely on that too often.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:23:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 11:25:22 AM PST
Keller says:
For some reason I don't recall being able to map other players magic to the d-pad, maybe that was my problem. Thanks. :)

I also didn't like how she left the party for long lengths at a time. I hated not having a dedicated healer.

I also didn't care much for that little kid, I forget his name too. Either way I am thinking Graces maybe worth grabbing. I have some older games I need to trade in anyway.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:23:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 11:24:31 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I had no troubles with Vesperia and it is easily one of my favorite games this gen. Tales of Graces F is almost as good as Vesperia and I had no troubles with the controls. I didn't remap in either game.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:25:19 AM PST
new Tron says:
I'm going to take the plunge into the Tales series when Xilia comes out. That game looks really solid all around, and seems more enticing to me than Graces F did, for some reason.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:25:48 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
I haven't played Vesperia so I can't compare the two games but I never had any major issues with AI in Graces f. I would highly recommend the game though.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:28:36 AM PST
GyozaSauce says:
Yep, what others said, didn't have any problems with the AI in Vesperia and that was a JRPG that I've actually enjoyed in quite awhile where I actually cared about the characters and story.

Getting Graces F soon, since the price doesn't look like it'll drop any time soon. Just need to save up some of my ama reward and bing points...

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:29:18 AM PST
Chocolette says:
I watched a video of someone going thru a boss battle and they played it like a turn based. They were in the menu all the time inputting all the movements for all characters. ...I don't think I could do that...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:30:03 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Gyoza, if you still wanted I could always lend you my copy until the game actually drops in price. I got the plat so I won't be going back to the game anytime soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:32:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 11:33:22 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Wow, I didn't even know you could do that. I just went through the games trusting my AI and it worked. In Graces the combat is a bit different. The ability to dodge around and time your hits is a lot better which makes it a lot easier in boss battles. In Vesperia I was always on the run and had to run in and strike.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:33:38 AM PST
Graces is sitting, shrinkwrapped, on a beautiful copy of Arabian Nights my brother and sister in-law got my for Christmas. I can see it in my mind's eye, taunting me with it's JRPG goodness as I work.

I'm not starting it until Ni No Kuni is done, though, that's got priority for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:34:11 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I found Graces to be more difficult overall than Vesperia myself, especially the bosses.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:38:36 AM PST
GyozaSauce says:
Thanks for the offer but with shipping cost and whatnot, I might as well just stop being cheap and get the game since I enjoy the Tales of series.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:44:31 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
It was definitely harder to stay away from the enemy if you needed to power up and such in Graces. Especially if you were fighting a group of enemies. They seemed to want you to rely on dodging around up close and increasing your CC.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:45:47 AM PST
"For some reason I don't recall being able to map other players magic to the d-pad, maybe that was my problem. Thanks. :)"

OMG!!! You were playing on ultra-hardcore difficulty then.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:51:30 AM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Anyone know where the cheapest option is to buy this game. I have been waiting on a price drop for a loooooong time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:00:18 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Yeah, I have been waiting as well. It got down to $40.00 before the holiday but it went back up. I have been waiting for it to hit that $30 sweet spot, but I don't know if that is going to happen.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 12:04:36 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
lol, waiting for the $30 mark as well. Watch as soon as I take the plunge and get it, the next week it'll have a price drop. That crap always happens.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:07:07 PM PST
Chocolette says:
Do us all a favor and buy it now?

I really want to get it with the price drop.

Thanks!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:08:04 PM PST
zavvi.com has the special edition for around $33. It's a UK site, though, so you have to wait for it to arrive, but supposedly others have had good luck with them. I ordered one and it's in transit now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:09:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 12:13:13 PM PST
Chocolette says:
Would I still get trophies on my US PSN ID?

OH WHOA £33. You realize that would be $50+ with exchange rate? Closer to $60 with intl credit card fees.

A far cry from the $30 I was looking for...
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions