Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars coming to iOS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2012 11:31:19 PM PST
This was a very underappreciated launch game for the 3DS. If you like TBS games you will find a solid 30+ hour campaign here not counting the extra missions.

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2011/10/ghost_recon_shadow_wars_and_so.php

Ubisoft announced several iOS and iPad titles based on its popular franchises today, including a port for one of my favorite games of 2011, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, originally released for the 3DS when that system launched (it was the best launch title, in my opinion).

If you haven't heard all the praise around the game, it's the latest turn-based strategy title headed by Julian Gollop, co-creator of the seminal X-Com PC games. Shadow Wars plays very similar to X-Com, though modernized and brought into the Ghost Recon setting, with a corny G.I. Joe-esque plot.

The iOS port will be "relatively unchanged" according to Pocket Gamer, though naturallyit won't have the Nintendo handheld's stereoscopic 3D effects that actually worked quite well --they made the talking head cutscenes pop, and turned the battlefields into living boardgames.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:05:54 AM PST
Great game. Nice to see it will be available to more people. :)

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:14:07 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
That's awesome. It's a really good game that I got at Classics recommendation.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:18:36 AM PST
Aku says:
lol at the general "It'll be the same except with less stuff!" they have to go with. Surely they can cram in Facebook support and an item shop to make it right at home with other iOS goodies.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions