Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Vanuatu's Independence Day and ... Sissy Boys!?

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 3:45:08 PM PDT
That's actually what I'm running except I've got 12GB of RAM in my laptop so you would be more than good to go. My laptop is the ASUS G74SX-A1 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop - Republic of Gamers and it maxes everything I throw at it without much of a problem at all. The only games that have brought it down are Metro 2033 with DX11, HD texture pack, and everything on Ultra. I was pulling around 15fps which was pretty awful but with some minor tweaking like bringing the MXAA down from 16x to 8x things ran smoothly again.

@ Ogre

I'll be picking that up and thank you very much for that recommendation.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 3:45:09 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
Night Nate. Enjoy the hot steamy sex with Mrs. Fake Name.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 3:48:33 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
That's a bit pricey. When I buy one I want to keep it around $1000. If I went with a smaller screen, less memory and a smaller hard drive that should lower the cost. I don't need a big screen anyway because I just hook it up to my 22 inch LED 1080p TV, that I use for my PC and consoles. I like to sit close to the screen because I can see better that way. Mrs. Bear uses the big TV for her console because she isn't blind as a bat like I am!

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 3:55:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2012 4:04:23 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
On an unrelated but yet annoying note, how many people are really getting sick and tired of all the gay marriage and religious threads? I know people like to debate this stuff but there are actually forums for them on Amazon. I'm getting tired of seeing all these threads while the actual video game ones get way less responses. Plus when I'm stupid enough to read them I have to read a bunch of bigoted crap from people who hate gays and people who hate Christians.

I think both sides are foolish. I am a Christian but I don't go around persecuting and discriminating other people because they do things I don't agree with, nor is it the government's role to do so either. In my opinion the only thing the government should be doing right now is balancing the budget but that's a pipedream. On the other hand I also get tired of the smarmy buttheads who come into those threads lumping all Christians in together, acting like we all have the same opinions, calling us stupid for our religious beliefs. In fact reading almost anything Foxhound posts is like taking a hammer to the head. He is an extremely unpleasant guy, one I should probably put on ignore.

Intolerance from all sides reigns supreme on the Internet. It makes me a sad bear.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 4:03:57 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
I'm wearing out on it real quick, Mr. Bear. I'm all for constructive conversation, but its presence on the VGF is definitely thinning.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 4:11:04 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
I think at this point the conversation has gone from being constructive to destructive. That's why I try not to post on those threads. No matter what I say I'm going to get lambasted for it by someone.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 4:12:36 PM PDT
What does one use to lambaste bear meat? A nice butter reduction, perhaps?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 4:13:58 PM PDT
AmbientGreen says:
I went with a custom build.

For around $1200-$1300, this is what I got:

GTX 570m
120 GB OCZ Synapse SSD
500 GB secondary HDD
8 GB RAM
i7-2630QM CPU
IC Diamond on the GPU + CPU
Windows 7 Home

I'd imagine that prices have come down since I bought that (in April), so you could more than likely find it closer to your budget whenever you decide to buy. With my current setup, it gobbles up every game that I've thrown at besides the Witcher 2 with ubersampling on. I just simply turned that off and played on high settings and didn't notice much of a difference between that and ultra anyway.

Whatever you decide upon, you can get a nice notebook that will last a while for a grand. I'd say to shop around and try to get the best price you can. With mine for example, I bought online from PowerNotebooks.com and the price couldn't be beat at the time. I've been cruising with it ever since, couldn't be happier.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 4:15:44 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
A butter and lemon sauce.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 4:15:50 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
I would think a good red wine reduction...

Bear: I think that's pretty safe to say. The conversation has mostly dwindled to fanatics and trolls. All -reasonable- people have long since abandoned it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 4:16:26 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
That looks pretty nice. I would love to have a SSD.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 4:16:55 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
Well I'm off for dinner. Spaghetti, yum!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 4:18:48 PM PDT
AmbientGreen says:
Best upgrade you can get for a computer now, in my opinion. The difference has been like night and day, I'll never go back to a mechanical main drive.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 4:20:23 PM PDT
AmbientGreen says:
Asta' la pasta, man.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 4:54:50 PM PDT
Going with a smaller screen will make a pretty good difference in price. I went with the bigger screen because I wanted the full sized keyboard plus I was deploying and that was all I was bringing with me. Though I have to ask if there is any reason why you are going with a laptop over a desktop? You could get a far better performance out a desktop for the same price as a laptop.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 5:28:04 PM PDT
I've determined that my next computer will have one. I really wish I could have only SSD but I think I can't afford that and will have a SSD HDD combo.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 5:29:46 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
It's a space issue for me. I have limited space and as it is now I use a rack with my laptop on top and PS3 below it, all next to the TV on my computer desk. Next to that I have a plastic shelf unit with my Xbox 360 and some other junk. I could probably move some stuff around but I might have to box up a console to make room.

Back in the day I would just build my own machine too but my back has deteriorated since then and I would probably have issues with bending over for a long period of time to put it all together. I don't have a good workbench for such activities, also because of space. I would actually prefer to do the build thing for the money savings and control over what I put in it, but it just doesn't seem practical for me right now. Besides I can always take the laptop with me whenever I travel to visit the inlaws if I feel like I need to.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 5:32:31 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
I agree. It would be awesome to have a large capacity SSD but they sure are costly.

By the way, to anyone out there who might know, is it possible to do a build it yourself laptop? Like are there any vendors that sell laptop cases, motherboards, and other components that you can order and put together yourself? I think that would be an interesting and fun thing to try.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 5:36:12 PM PDT
If there is I'm picturing the biggest bulkiest laptop ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 5:38:32 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
Not if the cases are the same size as standard ones. It would require a lot of fiddling with smaller parts but it could be done if people are careful.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 5:43:18 PM PDT
Howdy Folks!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 5:45:55 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
Hiya dire!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 5:56:56 PM PDT
Ahoy.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 6:23:05 PM PDT
Sorry for the delay, just got done running quite possibly the worst call of my life... I'll respond in a bit, I need some time after that...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 6:28:59 PM PDT
M. Ogre says:
Good to the last drop? "THE" worst? Oh, joy! A saga of epic stupidity, surely!!
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  68
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jul 30, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions