Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Whos Getting Far Cry 3? What System

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 96 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:17:18 AM PST
buying mine day one. (already preordered)
add me for some co-op PSN - SSlarg

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:51:41 AM PST
I sure am. and on Steam.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 5:26:17 AM PST
They allow you dirty brits on our forum? I thought your typed with a British accent.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 5:30:14 AM PST
GAR says:
Xbox - preordered

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 5:57:12 AM PST
lol - tally-ho, pip pip, stiff upper lip and all that :)

how can you type with an accent? i can type some crazy english words like through instead of thru.....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:16:47 AM PST
Funny enough you can type in an accent if you try. certain things like 'ello instead of hello. Mum instead of Mom, stuff like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:32:39 AM PST
Then there are things like colour and flavour, or mate and bloke. Or whinge. None of those are real.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:43:24 AM PST
This is all true.
We also have certain different words like rubbish instead of garbage etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:49:55 AM PST
I'm not British but I say Mate, and Bloody (like "Bloody hell") A LOT.

Probably watched waaaaay too much top gear and Doctor Who.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:50:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 11:12:04 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
This game looks good but I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing as far as uber geeked, "can't wait" for this game. Redbox allows me to get it day one, but I'm thinking it must be more a finished polished product (which is rare) for it to get these scores and buzz more so than it is a brilliant game, but we'll all know soon enough. Skyrim with guns one reviewer said ? That threw me off, isn't skyrim a full RPG game ?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:53:32 AM PST
Dan says:
PS3, likely day 3. I feel better if i dont buy on day one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:00:19 AM PST
I think until recently I wasn't really expecting much. All the previews I've seen looked good but it seemed like there was so much going on and so ambitious that it was bound to fall apart somewhere.

Seeing the reviews it looks like the game is delivering on all of what they've been trying to do. Huge open world exploration, satisfying perk system, both high action combat and solid stealth mechanics, interesting story, lots of emergent gameplay that can vary wildly depending on style of gameplay as well as the chaos and randomness of the world and all this with a high level of polish.

Oh and naked tribal chick.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:01:03 AM PST
If you're gonna pay full price you might as well get a pre-order bonus. Otherwise wait till it gets a price drop.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:11:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 11:12:30 AM PST
and on top of all what I said in that previous post it sounds like there is a very huge emphasis on just having fun with the game. I think that mentality is part of what made Saints Row the Third so fun and successful, they approached everything with the thought of how is this going to be fun.

FC3 clearly isn't as over the top zany as SR3 but it's still the type of game where you can set a bear loose on an outpost of enemies, set a pot farm on fire, shoot at people while handgliding and take mushrooms.

EDIT: also I like just getting excited about cool looking games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:12:28 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Nothing wrong with that my friend.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:29:59 AM PST
I liked the video of attaching C4 to a handglider, gliding down, letting go of the glider, letting the glider fly intot he camp. Landing safely then blow it to hell killing half the people inside.

Win!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:32:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 11:32:47 AM PST
FAIL! It didn't make use of a shark, tiger, tortoise or half naked chick.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 12:07:59 PM PST
I am going to wait maybe 6-7 months to see if it goes free or discount on ps+. If not 360 since it is not coming to the Wii U.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:48:17 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
I don't get why that critic would say FarCry3 is Skyrim with guns isn't Skyrim a full on RPG ?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 1:52:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 1:54:05 PM PST
Open world, perk system, side missions, crafting, etc.

Not as RPG as Skyrim but there is definitely room for comparison.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 4:16:09 AM PST
ew... why would I want a half naked chick *shudders8

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 4:54:48 AM PST
skyrim is a full RPG - but alot of "RPG veterans" or whatever see skyrim as fairly light on the RPG elements and more of just an open-world adventure game (where you level up abilities).

the same with the mass effect games - i see them more than anything as story-driven 3rd person shooters - but they're classed as RPG's. i guess anything where you level up abilities/specialize in certain areas or tactics is therefore an RPG or has RPG elements. crysis 2 with the levelling up on the finger-tips thing had abit, far cry 3 has quite a lot more with 3 full skill trees, and then skyrim has loads more with multiple skill trees.

skyrim also has conversations with (limited) choices - which far cry 3 does not. so.........skyrim is an adventure game which you can do in any order you want and has a lot more seperate branching quest lines than far cry 3, with loads of skill trees and conversations; an RPG but easy to navigate. far cry 3 is an open-world shooter with some RPG elements (including lots of looting)

oh yeah - i got it last night in the UK btw - it's absolutely fanatastic and runs smooth as you like on ps3. gorgeous to look at, no screen tearing, no noticeable pop-up, no framerate issues. brilliant feeling guns, really fun to drive vehicles, easy to get to grips with crafting system, great animation, excellent emergent gameplay with the animals etc. definite 10/10.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 5:02:45 AM PST
Honestly I never really considered Skyrim an RPG, much like i don't consider Zelda an RPG. Oblivion was more RPG than Skyrim... i suppose. Fallout is more RPG than skyrim is.

I am looking forward to some Far Cry 3! Still dunno if I would call it an RPG.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 5:12:44 AM PST
far cry 3 isn't an RPG - you don't have any choices like in skyrim/mass effect etc....you can approach missions in different ways like with the first crysis because it's open-world, but other than 3 skill trees, crafting and looting it (FC3) doesn't have any other RPG elements. it's a non-linear shooter with some customisation.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:49:19 AM PST
Just Cause 2 is another good example of this, minus the Crafting and Skill trees.

Fun Sandbox game.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Modern Warfare won't be available standalone 16 32 seconds ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3221 6 minutes ago
OT Just saw Civil War and rewatched Dawn of Justice...... the winner is 11 8 minutes ago
I'm Sold On Overwatch 4 34 minutes ago
Apple Music is a bug-ridden pos. Read how people's music collections are damaged 10 1 hour ago
Unbiased VGFers unite. 8 1 hour ago
Uncharted 4 Review Roundup 316 1 hour ago
So who's playing Doom on PC? 19 1 hour ago
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 leaked benchmarks tease 8GB RAM at 10GHz 13 1 hour ago
Shadow Complex is $4.94 on Xbox Live right now for Goldmembers 17 2 hours ago
Dark Souls III Community Help Thread - **Expect Spoilers** 1863 2 hours ago
woo hoo! sony ps vita 64gb $85.99 14 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  96
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions