Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Obama's speech last night in CT...thoughts? Opinions?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 512 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:54:22 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I agree.

Mental health is a boring issue. Not catchy, there's no political action groups, there's nothing to fight about and the president's speech cannot possibly be translated into taking away any rights or freedoms in the category of mental health.

So it's GUUUUUN CUUUNtroll.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:54:48 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
"bittersweat"

*gag*

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:55:00 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Ah, I must have missed that mass 20 child falling off of a ladder accident that killed all those kids in that school that one time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:55:13 AM PST
Unreal.

Per capita:

United States: 9.00

Italy: 1.28
Germany: 1.10
France: 3.00
Spain: 0.63
UK: 0.25

Countries above us? El Salvador, Honduras, Colombia, Brazil .. etc ...

Again .. I guess it depends on what your benchmark is. Personally? I love my county enough to say it's broken and I want it to be better than Panama. How about you, partner?

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:55:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 7:00:46 AM PST
Keller says:
On a personal level I think hunting rifles and handguns are regulated just fine, leave those out of the discussion. As for assault weapons, I am open to a discussion and renewing the ban. Before getting upset, read I said I was open to the discussion. Truthfully I am not sure what I think we should do at this point. But I will say I don't really care what our forefathers wrote about guns, given how drastically improved firearms have gotten since then. This is our country, we should do what makes sense for us. I think we should have the conversation, at this point neither side should have their minds made up. Let us talk and think first. React second. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:55:36 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
it they legalized weed, tabacco deaths will decline by 500k

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:56:05 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
And I didn't say I was uncompassionate to extenuating circumstances.

I just don't agree with deferring to a "woman's right" carte blanche.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:56:44 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Literally, she's a man so you might gag if you have the bad reflexes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:57:07 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Owned, Mogwai wins.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:57:35 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
It's like cutlure doesn't account for something. Numbers can never tell the whole picture.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:57:37 AM PST
Irrelevant stats are fun. I read somewhere that 60% of the country prefers Waffles to Pancakes!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:58:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 6:58:41 AM PST
It's always something with you guys. Always something. Whatever man.

Maybe whats wrong with the culture is .. I don't know .. ALL THE GUNS?!?! And .. I don't know .. ALL THE FEAR?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:58:17 AM PST
jtshiel says:
It is clear we need a ban on tobacco.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:58:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 7:03:21 AM PST
I don't know man, a death is a death. It's a 1:1 ratio so all of those stats are relevant.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:59:03 AM PST
By Mogwai's logic, we would.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:59:14 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Seconded. I don't want to inhale that crap. Get rid of alcohol too. I don't want to be killed by a drunk driver.

I'm serious.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:59:52 AM PST
A death is a death? I feel bad for you when you need to devolve into that drivel to make your case.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:00:32 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Fine by me too

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:00:39 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
For someone who want to rely on statistics, there is always more to it than one number can provide.

Health is one area where this also applies. We have worse mortality rates than other nations but again that doesn't paint the whole picture. We as a nation are more obese and naturally will suffer worse outcomes for it. It's the part of the culture that matters. Why is gun violence different?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:00:45 AM PST
Here's the thing you want to fix our broken country then enforce harsher punishments on those who do these crimes the rapists/killers/molesters as they are the cause of this not the law abiding citizens who try and live a honest and respectable way.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:01:33 AM PST
It's the truth, my friend.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:02:38 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
But... But BEER!

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:03:20 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I honestly think we need to mandate principles and vice principles be gun permitted and required to carry while on school property.

Then maybe we wouldn't have so many people targeting schools are shooting ranges.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:03:57 AM PST
What does obesity have to do with gun violence? You asked for "per capita" numbers and I provided them and you come back with

"Well we're also too stupid to feed ourselves properly so it makes it ok that we kill each other with guns more than any other industrialized nation PER CAPITA also"

What? Huh??

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:04:10 AM PST
For sure.

Shootings always seem to happen in "gun free" zones. As if the shooter knows that there will be no one there to stop him...

hmmmm.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Am I the only person left who hasn't played Deus EX HR? 19 35 seconds ago
OT: Her bewbs may not be much to write home about, but she gives one great Amazon Monkeybar 9122 5 minutes ago
OT: Have You Ever Walked Out of a Movie? Slept Through One? 118 59 minutes ago
Anybody seen FOGE lately? 11 1 hour ago
Dishonored GOTY $14.99 @ Gamestop 4 1 hour ago
OT - New research supports male and female attraction genes cause a person to be attracted to a specific gender 38 1 hour ago
For DVs: Choose the next sleeper hit! 14 1 hour ago
Weekly Hardware Chart 28th June 2014. Xbox One Price Cut Failure. PS4 Domination Continues.... 50 2 hours ago
First Impressions: Breaking Out With Siesta Fiesta 15 2 hours ago
Longest time you've spent on one game... 115 2 hours ago
Give me one upcoming 2014/2015 game that, despite the hype, will not review and/or sell well 77 2 hours ago
Destiny' Playstation Beta Dates, Exclusive DLC Content Has Xbox Fans Threatening To Pull Support 172 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  512
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions