Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Obligitory Borderlands 2 Impression/Discussion Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 19, 2012 5:12:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2012 5:12:37 AM PDT
One last thing I wanted to add.

Give me a gun with the Ice Element! I want to freeze or slow enemies. I love Ice... Hell the gun can shoot ice bullets for all I care! Just call them Cryo guns.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 5:16:39 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
Then you can say all those cheesy lines Schwarzenegger says in Batman & Robin!

"Chill out!"

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 5:17:45 AM PDT
oh you know I would.

"Chill out" "Ice to see you" "Freeze!"

... these lines are Thawful

I'll stop now.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 5:31:01 AM PDT
waxc3 says:
good to know! i usually play co-op and we do tend to wander in different directions sometimes. thanks Capt

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 5:35:01 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
played to about level 5 with the assassin. pretty fun so far. just messing around, my friends didnt get their copies so i didnt want to start with Maya. claptrap is as awesome as ever. i like sir hammerlock as well. i lost it when he was talking about the earthquakes, and hes like "...either that or your mom just got out of bed"

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 5:35:25 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
all my friends on last night were using either zero or maya. didnt see any gunzerkers

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 5:38:52 AM PDT
FOGE says:
The Gentleman: The elevator hasnt been working properly since Clap trap tried to .. uh.. integrate with it.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 5:39:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2012 5:42:40 AM PDT
Because the gunzerker really isn't that fantastic a class. Yeah you get to dual wield for... a small amount of time. that's about it.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 5:40:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2012 5:44:04 AM PDT
klopas says:
Played for a few hours yesterday as a Gunzerker. Pretty fun, but I still have crappy weapons. Game is identical to BL1, with a few tweaks to the UI and the skill trees, but I like it. Still looking for people to play with over Steam if any are interested. I'm almost always online after 2:30pm CST. Steam id: K-L-O-P-A-W!

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 5:43:26 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
This game is hilarious. Wall sphincters and the story about Butt Stallion, lol. Amazing. As far as gameplay goes, it feels like Borderlands with a new cast, which isn't really a bad thing. I just feel like I'm playing an expansion pack more than a sequel, but I'm only a level 9 so I haven't really done much yet. I have to say that the music during firefights is already driving me crazy, that is going to get old fast.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 5:43:32 AM PDT
klopas says:
I think the Gunzerker is an amazing class utilizing the dual wield. As you level up the tree, it reduces the cooldown and lengthens the time of the dual wield - regenerates ammo and health. I plan to almost always be in gunzerker mode at higher levels.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 5:44:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2012 5:45:35 AM PDT
While I still think the game is wonderful, I could do with a bit less of the childish Frat boy humor in it. BL1 didn't have a whole lot of that and I was happy for it.

As for the Zerker, I stil think all classes should be able to dual wield Pistols and Some SMGs, but he should be able to dual wield everything when zerking. I like dual wielding pistols normally.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 5:46:18 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Its identical to one of the best games ever? Ok cool.

Actually I noticed a lot of changes. Picking up ammo by running over it is great. The game is def funnier. The enemies are a little more varied. The guns seem way more varied. The first game basically had 2 pistols, 2 smgs, 2 combat rifles, 2 snipers, 2 rocket launchers. This game has way more variety in the guns. I love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 5:47:31 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Butt Stalion says hello. I love the frat boy humor. The game is all about obnoxious imaturity.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 5:48:11 AM PDT
As i've always said. The big things make a game Great, the little things make a game Amazing. borderlands was Great, borderline amazing, while Borderlands 2 went that extra step with the little additions and then even a step further to make it Amazingly Fantastic.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 5:53:11 AM PDT
"Fur Mohawk! Yeah Baby!" - Claptrap

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 5:54:52 AM PDT
klopas says:
Yeah man, it's the same and that's a good thing. Innovation is great, but a solid gameplay experience trumps innovation in my opinion. Then again, if/when BL3 is released I would hope that Gearbox would have some significant changes lined up to keep the game fresh.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 5:56:44 AM PDT
FOGE says:
I'd be happy with another 4 DLC packs for this one. Hopefully Borderlands 3 comes out on next gen systems. We'll see if M$ and Sony cooperate.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 5:57:22 AM PDT
Hehe, I gave the fur to Hammerlock, I wanted the snipe rifle.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 5:58:46 AM PDT
FOGE says:
So if you could just off yourself for me, thatd be greeeaate. Thanks Pumpkin.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 6:00:40 AM PDT
Yeah... yeah that is a heartbreaker... *gun shot* Well now you at least have something in common with him!

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 6:02:12 AM PDT
IPhantom says:
I very rarely laugh out loud at something said in a video game. I did several times last night in the first 2 hours of BL2. Guess I'm immature, but I find it hilarious. Handsome Jack reminds me of a super demented Archer, for those that watch that show.

Can't wait to get home and play more. My biggest dilemma is whether I want to stick with gunzerker or try something else. Might give Zero a try for a few hours before I decide to commit.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 6:05:55 AM PDT
uncledonnie3 says:
I played couch co-op with a friend for a few hours last night and went with the gunzerker. The assassin seems like it's going to be the character that you see EVERYONE using online.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 6:09:30 AM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
I thought his apology was even more hilarious, "I apologize for saying wall-sphincters, I say that a lot when I'm scared."

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 6:12:03 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Yes! Super demented Archer is spot on! I love Jack. I get so excited whenever I see him pop up bc he is always funny.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  85
Total posts:  1638
Initial post:  Sep 17, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions