Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I have a favour to ask.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 13, 2012 7:33:43 AM PST
Does anybody own the PS Pulse stereo headset and an xbox 360? If so, could you tell me if you can use the mic on the headset for the 360? I think the best way to do it would be to plug the headset into the controller, not the system.Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:35:20 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
We don't help people that put 'u's where they don't belong. What are you, Canadian? Go back to amazon.ca!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:36:01 AM PST
Could be a Brit.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:36:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 7:45:51 AM PST
Marauder JJ says:
"Compatible Hardware:
PlayStation®3 system
Mobile devices including PlayStation®Vita
PC & MAC
Televisions**
"

Not compatible with 360...I found this under the Amazon's page for it....please tell me you didn't buy this for your 360.

(edit) Let me clarify - You can hear out of them just fine. But the MIC 99.9% of the time will NOT work cross console if it's meant for 1 console/PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:37:19 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Then go back to amazon.co.uk!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:37:45 AM PST
Well accourding (hehe) to the packaging, my Turtle Beach XL1's aren't compatible with the PS3, but I can use them for anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:39:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 7:40:09 AM PST
Marauder JJ says:
Yeah, but you probably need some sort of wire or system to make them work with something they are "incompatible" with. Sometimes it's just marketing. But does the mic work for the PS3? Usually you can hear out of them just fine but can't speak into the mic... which is this guys question.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:39:42 AM PST
@JJ cool L

Erm, no. You are wrong. PS isnt going to come out and say their headset for their system works with the competition. Ive seen the 7.1 audio work just fine, but im wondering about the mic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:41:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 7:43:00 AM PST
Marauder JJ says:
ERM, NO. YOU'RE WRONG. <lol>

Getting mics to work properly cross console is something they usually CAN'T do. Especially if it's meant for one system and not both. Some headsets include all wires for everything, the Pulses' don't.

That's like plugging a PC headset into a 360 via USB and expecting them to work. 99% of the time they won't unless you have additional hardware/wires.

This guy..

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:42:12 AM PST
Yeah, good point, I can't use the mic with the PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:42:42 AM PST
Marauder JJ says:
;)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
One of Apple's biggest shareholders says: Fuqq this pos company, I am done with you 9 44 seconds ago
OT: Why Conservative Christians Fear the Affirmation of Transgender Identity: Accepting the very existence of trans* people is an act that threatens conservative Christians' image of G*d. 221 59 seconds ago
playstation 4 *sony fix these issues* 47 6 minutes ago
Boehner calls Cruz `Lucifer in the flesh' 26 15 minutes ago
Why can't EA make a game as good as Destiny? 37 24 minutes ago
Dark Souls III Community Help Thread - **Expect Spoilers** 1506 31 minutes ago
OT: Prince or Michael Jackson - Who was the bigger drug-addled fool? 6 37 minutes ago
Weekend gaming 04/28 - 04/30: Clinton accuses Bernie Sanders of attacking her in a North Carolina bathroom. Allegation includes biological warfare; FBI investigation concludes foul stench surprised her was copy of Quantum Break Sanders left in toilet. 83 42 minutes ago
OT: NFL Draft Tonight 269 47 minutes ago
xbox one *microsoft fix these issues* 12 47 minutes ago
Tokyo Mirage SE Live on Amazon 6 51 minutes ago
OT: STUDY: Transgender People Experience Discrimination Trying To Use Bathrooms 430 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions