Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dead Space 2 Ripper gun, funnest weapon ever!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2013 6:07:39 AM PST
DubsFam says:
So this discussion of Dead Space 3 made me want to post this. Does anyone else love using the Ripper in Dead Space 2? I love this little spinning buzzsaw of death, it is so much fun to mow down a group of little necromorph chillrinz' or carving up a big ol Necromorph, like some gruesome form of Fruit ninja, Man that would make a cool IOS App "Dead Space : Ripper". I am not saying Dead Space 2 is the best game, I think I might prefer part 1 (although I rarely used the Ripper in part 1) I know this is a useless post, I was just curious if I was the only one, smitten with this thing!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:08:23 AM PST
Him says:
I like the Pew Pew gun.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:08:48 AM PST
FOGE says:
False, the portal gun is the funnest gun ever.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:09:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 6:10:45 AM PST
Voice of god says:
Is the Ripper any different in the sequel?

Honest question, haven't played the second yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:10:35 AM PST
DubsFam says:
yes, but the portal gun doesnt make little necromorph children squeal in agony!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:11:18 AM PST
Voice of god says:
That depends where you open a portal to.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:14:13 AM PST
pyroguy says:
I like the Line Gun better than the Ripper, as I like to bunch enemies together, Stasis them, and chuck a timed-mine

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:15:37 AM PST
DubsFam says:
I think the addition of the little necromorph children makes the difference, the way the swarm and jump, they were always a pain until, I started mowing down with my buzzsaw, then I started enjoying it too much (after all I am talking about murdering kids, or used to be kids) LOL. I honestly thought it was a waste in the first one, seems to me even the projectile secondary fire, is a little more powerful than the first, but that is speculation, cant really remember

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:16:30 AM PST
elect Tron says:
No it's no different.

I honestly found the new weapons in Dead Space 2 to be underwhelming. The only ones I used were the proximity mines.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:17:44 AM PST
DubsFam says:
Line gun is second fave, I like to stasis the running charging necromorphs and line gunning their legs, as they fall to the ground in slow motion, then a little stompy stompy...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:21:15 AM PST
DubsFam says:
true, the weapons suck. Ripper, Line Gun are great. Pulse rifle comes in handy when low on other ammo. I dont mess with any of the other weapons. I think they kind of dropped the ball with everything else though, and only having 4 weapons kind of sucks, I know its survival horror, but I would be more likely to purchase other weapons if I can stock them all.I hope Dead Space 3 corrects that, since it seems to be more action oriented

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:31:19 AM PST
pyroguy says:
the Force Gun is also pretty sweet weapon too, as (when it's fully maxed-out) kills weaker enemies with a single shot if you're up-close. the Contact Beam from DS2 is quite nifty too, as it can Stasis enemies when using the alt-fire

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:31:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 9:54:14 AM PST
FOGE says:
Rosie O'Donells XXXXXX?

Edited for common decency.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:32:03 AM PST
Him says:
I like the fully upgraded Force Gun as well, especially when surrounded.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:32:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 6:33:57 AM PST
Him says:
FOGE, that is the nastiest thing anyone's ever posted on here...you should be ashamed and delete that horrid visual immediately. Thank you in advance. Besides, I think that stank dump is closed for business anyway.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 7:18:40 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
Plasma Cutter will always be my fave. I hope Dr Pepper releases codes for single player like last time. I got skins, money, ammo and stuff for free.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 8:52:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 8:53:33 AM PST
waxc3 says:
what about the foam finger gun!? is that what you meant by the pew pew gun???

here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJnGQeaAgyc&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1&safe=active

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 8:55:16 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I didn't even use that one.

Plasma Cutter, Line Gun and Ripper pretty much all I used in both games.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 8:59:41 AM PST
DubsFam says:
I just wish you could upgrade telekenesis to lift up live enemies and slam them against the wall, as they explode into a million little chunks of meat and gore....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 9:44:10 AM PST
Voice of god says:
Nah, that just reminds them of the Leviathan.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 9:53:46 AM PST
FOGE says:
Yeah, I dry heaved just typing it out. Grodie.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 12:34:18 PM PST
pasteyswazey says:
Hmmm, I don't think this is the funniest gun ever. Have you played Red Faction Armageddon? Have you tried the Mr. Toots gun? I think that is the best funniest weapon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 1:04:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 1:08:04 PM PST
Mrs. User says:
OMFG LMAO ROFLcopter

seriously, this idea is revolting but I can't stop laughing. Way to go, Foge, you brightened my workday while making it impossible to explain...

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:05:51 PM PST
KrisCo says:
FUNNEST?!?! *ragequits*

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:28:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 1:28:31 PM PST
Rev Otter says:
my vote: the anal probe from Destroy All Humans/DAH2.

fully charged, it makes the target's head explode. now THAT's a probe!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What the crap is a remaster? 9 3 minutes ago
Long weekend gaming 07/01 - 07/04: Obama threatens UK after British Amazon VGF voices intent to "Brexit" host site in preparation for annual U.S. Amazon VGF July 4th invasion. Phil Spencer and Shuhei Toshiba sent to moderate negotiations. 96 28 minutes ago
Halfway Through 2016: Time for Another GotY So Far (Top 5) Thread 114 1 hour ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3639 1 hour ago
Twitch Launches New "Social Eating" Category, Someone Promptly Eats Cat Vomit 15 2 hours ago
What are you looking forward to in the next 10 months? 25 2 hours ago
Street Fighter V - A Shadow Falls Story Trailer 64 2 hours ago
What is wrong with some of these gamers who use twitch to stream? 12 2 hours ago
Fallout 4 PS4 Mods Delayed After Serious Issues Reported 25 2 hours ago
Xbox One S Is Not 40% Smaller. Microsoft Caught In A Lie And More False Advertising. 49 2 hours ago
Would you buy a used car from Hillary Clinton? 54 3 hours ago
God of War 4 is going to be mediocre 11 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions