Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Dexter (Season 7 spoilers)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 91 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 9:17:05 PM PST
Scratchy says:
Huge let down because I was expecting something big to happen since the season has kind of been lacking suspense since Sirko died. No way Hanna was going to be a threat, and la guerta showing up in the last two episodes as the main antagonist was good but it just ended dumb. No closure, no message just an ending. All they had to do was cut out the deb hugging la guerta scene and replace it with a scene of deb calling dispatch from her cellphone saying "I need an ambulance, captain la guerta was holding my brother hostage and about to kill him so I opened fire". Have them look at each other and end it like that.

On a related note homeland season finale sucked too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 10:17:18 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:56 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 11:00:20 PM PST
Scratchy says:
Yea I was hoping they'd bring back a burnt up doakes in a wheelchair like that guy from hannibal lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 11:05:06 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:56 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 4:34:06 AM PST
I agree. This episode felt Anti-Climatic for some reason. Everything pretty much ended on a high note for Dexter.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 5:32:12 AM PST
Ice King says:
I think the warrants will be ignored now that Laguerta's dead. After what Dexter pulled everyone thinks she was a bit crazy and no one's going to continue what they all saw as a witch hunt.
And Dexter's plan to make it look like Estrada kill her was a pretty good one since it was known that she was the reason he was released so it could be assumed they had some kind of shady business going on.
The only problem was Deb's gun being used to kill her, but I'm sure they'll work that out somehow next year.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:22:00 AM PST
Agree ending was blah, there are lots of options though for next season.

Next season seems like it will be a rough one for Dex and Deb. She will have guilt for doing what she did and prob hate Dex for putting her in that position. Dex will prob feel guilty for what happened than Hannah will prob be running around causing trouble for Deb. I dont see how they will be able to go back to business as usual in the police station after what happened.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:41:21 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:57 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:11:59 AM PST
M. McFly says:
I dont get why la guerta did call in for back up once she got the call to go to the shipping containers. Obviously she knew something bad was going on. Got to believe Hannah turns nuts next season and tries stalking Dexter. I dont get how they can be "together" after all she is an escaped convict. Unless Debra goes all in corrupt and tampers evidence of the pen ect. Season started to remind me of the transformation of Walter White in breaking bad. From good intentions to just be out of control.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:18:09 AM PST
Ice King says:
I think she didn't call for backup because she was already looking pretty bad when Dexter made it seem like she tried framing him so she didn't want to take any chances.
Although it was still a huge gamble for him that she wouldn't at least tell someone where she was heading and why.
She should have realized at that point not to trust anything when it comes to Dexter.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 8:42:10 AM PST
Scratchy says:
True but the judge already signed em so i'ts not impossible for some nosy person who still liked la guerta (prob bautista) to snoop find it and use it to find evidence they can use on dexter. There is still a ton of evidence out there that can sink dexter tho. If theres footage of deb getting gas whats to say there isn't evidence of dexter stalking victor in the airport. Felt uncharacteristically sloppy for a dexter season. Barely anything wrapped up neatly instead we watch dexter fall in love and act stupid all season.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 8:47:06 AM PST
"instead we watch dexter fall in love and act stupid all season"
I think that was a big theme of the season, though. He's coming to terms with the idea that there's no mystical force (Dark Passenger) taking control of him. It's all him. He already is a real boy, and he's responsible for all of the things he's done. I think he's starting to want to get caught because he's realizing that he deserves to be on someone's table just like most of the people he's killed.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 8:54:58 AM PST
Prankster says:
The finale was a let down for me as well. I kept hoping for something exciting to happen but it never did. Hannah's story arc came to a conclusion with a limp (and I don't think she will be returning. She escaped and left that flower for Dexter as a token to let him know she's out there, that's all) and her speech with Deb was only to create some drama for the last scene where Deb struggles to make a decision quickly though we all knew it was not going to be Dexter who was gonna be filled with holes.

I really didn't like this last episode after the way they shaped up the entire season. I'd rather have Dexter with Hannah than him being extra close to Debra. If they are trying to end it with them becoming a couple, it's going to be gross.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 8:58:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 9:04:42 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I think most of that can be easily fixed/explained away. No one will pay attention to the gas station footage since that case is closed for everyone but LaGuerta who was still on her witch hunt, and I think the same thing goes for the warrant for their phones. The judge signed on it, sure, but unless there's lots of questions about what happened in that container, I'm not so sure it will be looked into. Which brings us to the container - I'd assume Dexter rearranged the scene for the new scenario that played out. And since he'll of course be the blood spatter analyst on the scene, he can gloss over stuff. I'm not saying it perfectly tied up all loose ends, but nothing sent up a "WTF?" red flag for me. Well, I did think Dexter drugging Hector in the park was sloppy. I agree with that. Was pretty silly.

I was really surprised by the fact that Hannah did poison Deb. Pleasantly surprised, though, since I was sure Deb had set that up. Nice twist that I didn't see coming.

And I was actually pleased with the season finale. I will say it was a much slower paced season finale than usual, and that was strange, but I liked where everything ended up.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 9:00:40 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I was fine with the way Hannah story ended up going. In the end, Dexter probably just sees too much of himself in her, and how could you possibly trust anyone like that? Ha.

I was really glad to see LaGuerta out of the picture, though. I've been wanting her gone pretty much since she was introduced.

Also, I miss Doakes. :( He was awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 9:03:24 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:57 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 9:03:30 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Yeah, everything is pretty much ripping at the seams, but it's hard to imagine this kind of lifestyle going anywhere else, you know?

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 9:08:20 AM PST
Scratchy says:
I agree that on some level dexter is being subconsciously complacent because he might feel he deserves to die for the things he has done. Problem is that he also wants to live because of harrison and hanna they make his fake life feel legitimate. I think after this season dexter is going to settle down and try to suppress his urges after what he put deb through and that will lead to another dexter type character hunting him down in the last season for everything he has done. Maybe trinitys son could play that character since he knows who and what dexter is already.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 9:10:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 9:11:15 AM PST
Scratchy says:
Yea I was like "REALLY?!?!?!" when I heard her confess to it.

Was also funny to see the evolution of La Guerta from her hitting on Dexter shamelessly in the first season to trying to put him in jail in the 7th lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 9:17:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 9:17:23 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I liked that it was a believable thread to take, and it was not at all the one I anticipated. I think either route they went there would have led to some equally interesting story points. I wasn't really enamored with the character, Hannah (Sorry, Prank!), so going the route that detaches those two was fine with me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 9:21:51 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:58 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 9:30:19 AM PST
M. McFly says:
I think Hannah has to be back next season. Might not be the first episode but having her escape and not show back up doesn't really make sense. Anyway I didnt like how they closed Quinn's story, seemed to invest a lot of time and then just to have the girl move to vegas seemed like a cheap way to end it no payoff for all the time around that story. Still unsure of what i thought overall about the season, i kind of liked they didn't have 1 serial killer throughout the season, that formula is the same everytime, Dexter gets captured we know he then escapes and kills them off.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 9:33:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 9:33:42 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
That is a good point - was a really anticlimactic end to Quinn's story. I thought there was going to be more to that. I guess it was just a means to an end in terms of overall narrative.

I was assuming Hannah would play a big role in the next season initially, but it would also make sense that she would just flee the country, you know, being a fugitive on the run and all.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 9:49:21 AM PST
Scratchy says:
I had a feeling Nadia was playing Quinn somehow but then she just moves to Vegas, strips there and leaves him high and dry. And now the one person who can blow his story up about shooting that guy in the club just retired unless she returns to start some ish.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 9:57:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 9:58:01 AM PST
Prankster says:
Blasphemy! I honestly liked her character though because it made me think that Dexter might have a future with someone who understands him and accepts him. At the end they even showed her trying to curb his instincts. As it stands, I don't see any other conclusion to this show than him dying!

Also, I don't even know why Quinn is in this show and how he's still alive. And I seriously hope they don't ruin Jamie's character by pairing her with him. He's a complete d-bag. The cast other than Dexter and Deb from Miami Metro really has been getting less time on screen. I used to love Masuka's craziness in the first 5 seasons.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  91
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions