Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Now Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Steam Winter Sale 2012

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 426-450 of 831 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:40:12 AM PST
ChuChu Train says:
Nah, I don't feel like paying for a data plan.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:43:52 AM PST
User says:
Who are you on steam? Are you in the group?

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 6:53:17 AM PST
T. E. Maddox says:
I picked up Saints Row The Third and the Tomb Raider Bundle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:55:15 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Is your work browser blocked from steam? You can do pretty much everything besides actually playing games without downloading the client.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 6:56:37 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 26, 2012 6:56:54 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 6:56:49 AM PST
mega Tron says:
My haul so far. Pretty happy with it:

Botanicula
Dear Esther
Legend of Grimrock
Krater
Awesomenauts (gift from a fellow VGFer)
Sine Mora (GMG)
Scribblenauts Unlimited (Amazon)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:57:27 AM PST
ChuChu Train says:
No I'm not in the group. Don't worry its not a huge loss. I'm sure it will go on sale again eventually.

Also yes my browser is blocking anything associated with games. Although it lets me on some sites oddly enough.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:59:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 8:32:21 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Yeah, my old workplace blocked everything that had "games" mentioned anywhere on the site except for amazon and weirdly enough, xboxlive.com. I'm thinking someone in IT was an XBot.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:07:01 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
The Tomb Raider Franchise bundle was amazing at 12.49. Awesome deal, I would have gotten that but I have no desire to play the old school TR's.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:21:19 AM PST
T. E. Maddox says:
I aminly got it for some of the more recent ones (Anniversary and Underworld I think) all the others were just a bonus.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:23:50 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
I picked up Underworld for 2.49 somewhere awhile ago.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:41:20 AM PST
User says:
New flash sales:

Thief Collection - $6.74
BLands 2 - 50-75% off
Home - $1.01

Voting: (Tropico Won - $5.99)
ACreed 2 - 75%
DSpace 2 - 75%
Just Cause 2 - 75%

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:49:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 8:49:38 AM PST
Man, I would happily pay $1.01 if I could go Home.

Edit: Work sux.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:53:18 AM PST
If you want to read some gaming (and tech and science) stuff at work, I know a lot of people are able to get on Ars Technica.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:54:29 AM PST
Going with DS2. Just finished the game last week.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:55:48 AM PST
mega Tron says:
What did you think? I liked it quite a bit, especially the second half of the game, but not nearly as much as I liked the first game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:58:55 AM PST
Also, Wired has some good stuff occasionally.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:01:02 AM PST
mega Tron says:
Edge's website usually gets around the work block as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:01:19 AM PST
I liked it a lot. Looked and played great like the first game. Stuck with the cutter, pulse rifle, and line gun. I loved some of the zero-g stuff in space, but overall I liked the way you could stick to any surface in zero-g areas in the first game. This seemed more limiting.

I think overall I like both games pretty equally.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:01:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 9:04:15 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
If you like Krater, you should check out Dawn of War 2. It's similar in a lot of ways, but is much better in execution. Krater's got a solid foundation, but really messes things up, particularly with their dum level caps. I know it was getting major patches every couple weeks after it first released in June, so maybe things are better now, but I wouldn't know; I haven't played it since then.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:02:17 AM PST
I think they have the same parent company as Ars. I saw a lot of stuff in both sites.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:04:26 AM PST
Yeah but they gave Skyward Sword a 10, so I asked for that site to be blocked. Trololol!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:04:57 AM PST
mega Tron says:
You know, I tried the Dawn of War 2 demo, and while I thought it was a cool game, it seemed like it was very much still an RTS, which is a genre I'm horrible at. I got my butt handed to me in the demo. I thought Krater was closer to being a real time action RPG like Torchlight?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:11:47 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Dawn of War 2 and Krater are both squad-based Action-RPG's. In both, you control 3-4 heroes at a time, positioning them around the battlefield and triggering their special abilities while they auto-attack enemies in their range. The main difference (besides settings, obviously) is that Krater is continuous like Torchlight/Diablo, while Dawn of War 2 is mission based. You still find loot, level up your guys, and equip them with different loadouts in preparation for missions with different enemy types.

I'm not sure what the demo for DoW2 is like, but the full game doesn't feature any of the usual RTS stuff like base building or resource gathering. The standalone expansion for DoW2 has some mid-mission resource management stuff that in my opinion is a step backward, but none of that is in the main game or its first expansion.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:14:12 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Correct. Both are owned by Condé Nast.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  51
Total posts:  831
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 10, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions