Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anyone still playing Hitman Absolution?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2012 9:34:48 AM PST
Iso says:
Is it great, or are you disappointed? I might be scoring a copy of this and Far Cry 3 for $20 each and am wondering how the game is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:39:48 AM PST
FOGE says:
How are you getting them for $20? Or are you one of those guys who considers using gifts cards on a $60 game to be buying a game for $20?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:41:54 AM PST
Best Hitman yet.

Who would say no to this and FC3 for $20 a pop?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:43:40 AM PST
Iso says:
Someone is selling the AMD Never Settle Bundle for $60 maybe $50. I am giving away Sleeping Dogs to my cousin to cover the $20 I still have left to spend on Christmas for him.

So a bit of logical trickery I guess, no gift cards though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:45:18 AM PST
FOGE says:
Ok so that $20 from Sleeping Dogs is money you are spending, so I'd say youre paying at least $40

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:45:53 AM PST
Kendahl says:
I rented Hitman and thought it was pretty good. Figured it will be something worth getting down the road but not at $60. There's no true multiplayer though...it's sort of asynchronous. That's okay but I think they could have made some fun MP modes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:46:06 AM PST
From what I've heard it sounds good and that I'll pick it up but I just got Dishonored and I plan on getting Far Cry 3 and it seems like with both those games I'll have lots of stealth options.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:46:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:47:26 AM PST
He did say $20 each...so...that makes $40!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:47:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:47:35 AM PST
Iso says:
Doug is correct... for once. ;)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:48:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:48:48 AM PST
You do know I'm not the Naughty Doug right? "Right for once"...Bah!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:48:46 AM PST
Iso says:
Yeah, this has been a stealth year for sure!

I am just checking to see the impressions. MP doesn't matter and it sounds like is the Conviction of Hitman games, which I loved the hell out of.

Safe bet?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:49:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:49:36 AM PST
Iso says:
Too many Dougs to keep track... heh, sorry about that. I have him on ignore, I should have known.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:50:33 AM PST
It's all good. Naughty Doug does kind of give us a bad name,

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:01:02 AM PST
Still? I'll be starting it momentarily. And I already know I'll love it.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:23:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:26:30 AM PST
Joel H. says:
It's alot of fun. Instead of one big area, each level has about 4 mini stages and each area is scored. Upon entering an area, it shows you the global avg hi score, your friend's avg and US avg. The global is always higher than the US too i found that funny.. or depressing. Looked about right.

Using vents aren't as useful as they were in HR, they're mostly just for hiding, or a brief shortcut. The game also has what they call signature deaths.. not unlike naughty bear really. The other night I was able to electrocute a nun while she was washing her hands. Haven't tried contracts mode yet. So far i'm liking it more than dishonored and AC3.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 11:09:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 11:09:56 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Hitman is a really good game, 8.75 I gave it. It was a rental so I only did one play through. If you do contacts there are over 40,000 contracts created a week ago and I'm sure there's close to 100,000 now. You can get what you want out of the game.

Downsides hmm, only a few things...I thought the early and mid levels were more inriguing than the later ones which is kinda backwards, and I didn't understand why the big contracts weren't more like bosses and more difficult to kill, but it was as easy as killing anyone else. I would have liked to have seen more sniper missions and I'm not necessarily a sniper guy, I just really enjoyed how you snipe in this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:12:21 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Hell yes it's a safe bet, I'm getting this for Christmas and I can't wait to play it.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 11:22:49 AM PST
Glad I didn't buy it. Ended up renting it for a few days. I'll buy once it drops to $20. Coming from playing Silent Assasin and Blood Money especially, it's more of a letdown than anything. If you check out the PCgamer review it highlights alot of the problems with this game. That's not to say I didn't have fun with the game as I did with stages like King of Chinatown, Kill Wade's Men, Kill Dom, or Shaving Lenny. However, for those that are anticipating an updated version of Blood Money will be surely dissapointed. It's sad that the dev team that worked on Blood Money left long before Absolution was in development and it clearly shows. I think this game will appeal more to people who have not played any Hitman games. Those that love Blood Money will find a lot of flaws to it

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 12:19:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 12:36:38 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Hmm, well maybe that's true I had very little old school ps2 hitman gameplay in and I loved it, but there are others that are Hitman lifers and loved it the best of the series.

It was funny that I beat it in 3 days and my Redbox total was $6.47. I would have rather took my time and did more stealth than I did but it was a total blast none the less.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 12:25:54 PM PST
Joel H. says:
Could have.. i got it from gamefly for about the same price. Signing up for an extra disc tonight hooopefully to get FC3 on monday. Let me sign you up i'll get a free month!

Ya the game doesn't feel like a ps2 hitman title, i'm just enjoying it for what it is. As a standalone game.. there's not much not to like.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 12:38:09 PM PST
I'm trying to hold off on the best buy $20 gift card with hitman purchase the game looks pretty awesome but this has quick price drop written all over it, but I want to play this game like right now

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 3:50:13 PM PST
I'm reading the same thing. It's not like a true HD Blood Money sequel, but like a new type of game. A lot of the open elements of BM have been dumbed down into standard cover shooter/ linear action game style.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:18:20 AM PST
waxc3 says:
i am a few hours in. its pretty boring and yes its the best hitman so far.
the other mode isnt fun at all for me.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 9:16:37 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
?

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 6:21:32 PM PST
Iso says:
So I got a freaking awesome deal, $50 for Hitman/Far Cry 3/ Sleeping Dogs.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions