Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

VG Backlog Progress Report: Month 1

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 15, 2011 7:42:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2011 8:27:48 AM PDT
Athas says:
About a month ago (give or take a day), the Moses of VGF came down and proclaimed the following "I say onto you, people of VGF - Set your video games free!"

Thus HowLongToBeat.com, a work friendly backlog VG site was introduced. And people grieved or rejoiced as they listed their titles yet to be beaten as demanded by the covenant of a video gamer going back to the days of Pong, its Genesis.

Citizens of VGF, how fares your backloggery since that fateful day?
(Edit: for the noninitiated: How many games beaten, How many games purchased in the last month?)

Backlogged Games: From 44 to 39
Time to Complete: From ~56 days to 47D 2H 30M.

Games Beaten in the last month in reverse order:
1. Valkyrie Chronicles
2. Infamous
3. Gothic (replay)
4. Heavy Rain
5. Oblivion (tho of course played longer then 1 month)

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 7:46:36 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
I'm not sure how my backlog changed in terms of overall, but since I've started I've completed:

Mafia 2
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I'm currently on the expansion to Divinity 2, and I've put a ton of time into that so I should be almost done, but unfortunately it doesn't keep track of hours so logging it is going to be a hassle.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 7:49:55 AM PDT
Kendahl says:
It's not work friendly for everyone... :(

I platinumed Just Cause and TW11, my first two platinums. Also finally finished Uncharted Drake's Fortune and dived into a few other games in the backlog. Problem is I also bought two new games...

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 7:50:16 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
I never signed up for the website but since about 45 days ago I have beaten Catherine, Uncharted 2, Sly 1, Sly 2, and will be expecting to beat Sly 3 this coming weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011 8:01:00 AM PDT
Athas says:
hmm, I know that site got more popular after the CNN report, but your work must have a stricter block then mine.

I guess question is more along the lines of have you completed more games then purchased in the last month.

I have yet to platinum on any game thus far, closest I have is hovering around 60%, I'll come back to it for round 2 replay at some point.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 8:01:26 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Awesome idea! Please keep these coming. Anyways...

Backlogged Games: From 24 to 26
Time to Complete: From ~15 days to 17D 1H 39M.

Games Beaten in the last month:
1. Brink
2. Fallout New Vegas
3. James Bond 007 Blood Stone

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011 8:06:05 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
About how many hours are each of the Sly games?

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 8:09:30 AM PDT
elect Tron says:
The only game I removed from my backlog is Nier, which I'm playing right now. Other than that, the only other game I beat was Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 9:25:31 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Deus is taking up a lot of my time when I have free time. Next months progress report wont look as good for me.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 9:29:10 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
This month I beat: Catherine, Siren: Blood Curse, Resistance 2.

Starting on Deus Ex tonight.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011 9:36:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2011 9:36:41 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Well, I don't have my master list of games beaten on me, but here's the ones I know about since I started -

Backlogged Games: From 41 to 39
Time to Complete: From 26 days to 26 days (Time hasn't shifted much yet...fortunately when I beat F:NV it will knock off about 3 days)

1. Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice DLC
2. And Yet It Moves

And I've put over 40 hours into Fallout: New Vegas.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 9:38:52 AM PDT
FOGE says:
GyozaSauce, you like Resistance 2? Its one of my favs this generation but it takes a lot of heat.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011 9:41:17 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
I played Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2 last month in preparation for Resistance 3. It is an awesome series with a fantastic storyline.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011 9:43:23 AM PDT
Athas says:
Believe me, I fully expect my backlogs to fluctuate as additional heavy hitter titles unfolds later this year. I'll be happy with a general downward trend lol.

My backlogs blew up because I was picking up all these bargain PS3 titles before I went whoa, I have more then enough.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011 9:47:14 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
I did, thought the battles were a lot more epic than R1 and really like all the new chimera variety. Thought the ending was weaksauce though since you already know thats going to happen halfway through the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011 9:48:49 AM PDT
Athas says:
yeah best feeling when you get the rpg's out of the way and see your time drop by alot.

One of the reason why I resumed playing Persona 3: The Answer which I stopped midway. Too much dungeon crawling compared to Journey, but I've done 5 doors to date, might as well finish the remaining 2, I want closure.

Glad to hear ppl enjoying Resistance: FoM, this will likely be my first pure FPS.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 9:49:14 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Oskar, the lore behind Resistance is legendary. I loved the first 2 games and 3 is great so far. I think the Chicago level of Resistance 2 is my fav level of any game of all time.

Athas, I tend to increase my backlog from Oct - Dec. The beginning of the year through the summer is when I usually catch up. I bot Fallout New Vegas last Oct anddidnt get around to beating it til about last month. I still need to play Mass Effect too. Battlefield 3 will really screw up my progress.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011 9:53:47 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
I also prefer Resistance 2 between the first two games. We seem to be in the minority in the VGF, though.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 10:00:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2011 10:09:23 AM PDT
Scratchy says:
Since i last complained about my backlog i got 3-4 games wiped off but then managed to get deus ex and still added 6 more games off the fall roster. I'm a sad panda... and this sad panda has a problem....

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 10:05:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2011 10:05:49 AM PDT
L says:
As long as I complete Deus Ex before Gears 3 comes out next week, my true backlog will only be a free copy of Prototype I received when I bought Singularity. My actual backlog will still include my 2nd & 3rd runs of ME2, Dead Space 2, and Deus Ex.

Is the Insanity run on Dead Space 2 even worth attempting? Dead Space was the first game I got 1000 GS on and would kind of like to get 1000 on the sequel but that achievement seems nearly impossible.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011 10:07:58 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
yeah, I beat 3 games this month but just bought 3 more games....

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 10:13:20 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Im trying (unsuccessfully) to do the same thing with video games as I do with clothes. One in one out.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 10:18:00 AM PDT
Prankster says:
I haven't touched my PS3 in about 3-4 weeks now. So I am guessing not much has changed. But I did play some Bioshock after I visited that site and I think I finished the chapter that has Dr. Peaches in it. So, yeah, not too much.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 10:20:54 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Is it true that if you dont use it, you lose it?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011 10:25:17 AM PDT
Scratchy says:
I got all but the online trophies and the hardcore trophy which i gave up on. Tried it over 50 times and i still end up dying like a moron before i can get far enough into the game to find a save worth saving at since you only get 3 of em out of 16 chapters.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Uncharted 4: $39.99 at Gamestop 23 2 minutes ago
Nintendo's Pokémon GO Bubble Has Finally Burst 16 4 minutes ago
A Couple Game Codes If Anybody Wants Them 15 7 minutes ago
Lettuce end this political back and forth nonsense once and for all: The Ultimate VGF Presidential Debate - Who are you going to vote for in November and why? 11 9 minutes ago
Whatever Else May Happen, This is Will Always Be the Weekly Gaming Thread for July 25-29, 2016 67 12 minutes ago
Fallout 4 - Vault-Tec Workshop is out today. 1 28 minutes ago
VIZIO bought by Chinese company 3 28 minutes ago
OT: Is it g4y to play putt-putt golf with a friend, and watch his butt-butt when he tees off? 6 50 minutes ago
What are the best couch multiplayer/party games ever? 51 1 hour ago
So.... Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 are out today. $40 a piece or $60 a bundle 11 1 hour ago
Nintendo nx is a portable console with detachable controllers 150 1 hour ago
OT: Sweet Christmas! Trailer for Marvel's Luke Cage. 46 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Sep 15, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 15, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions