Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dead Island?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 29, 2012 7:29:22 PM PDT
Nobody says:
How did I miss this game? I love FPS open world exploration games.

I did read it's hard to explore with zombies attacking you all the time and there's a save glitch. Did the GOTY version fix the save problem?

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 7:33:00 PM PDT
Sisyphus says:
This is a shooter? How long do you have to play before you get to shoot stuff? I gave up after wearing out my 10th crowbar.

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 7:37:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2012 7:38:33 PM PDT
D. Robinson says:
Guns are not really a viable option. And it's more of a FP "run like hell and don't get surrounded" melee game.

Edit: I never had the save glitch, but I also heard it doesn't come up until the 2nd or 3rd play through.

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 7:41:51 PM PDT
JJ4prez says:
Guns are bad in the game anyway. Fun part is a katana.

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 7:42:35 PM PDT
Nobody says:
Sorry, I didn't mean to say shooter. FPS exploration game?

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 8:04:45 PM PDT
Loved it. Hard at first, but through leveling up and skill trees it gets easier and more fun over time. Totally worth your time and money.

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 9:36:20 PM PDT
Honestly one of my favorite games this gen. Lots of fun! I like how the gunplay element almost doesn't exist it's more realistic for the setting. You do get guns but it's limited and towards the end of the game. Just get a few machetes and katanas with some electricity and do work!

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 10:00:21 PM PDT
Nobody says:
Are you able to explore without having zombies attack you all the time?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 10:19:59 PM PDT
if u mean explore like u explore in a game like Skyrim, no

the most exploring u get to do is after u kill the zombies and explore the clear area, but if u walk from place to place you will get attacked, its a decent game tho

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 11:31:47 PM PDT
I grab anything but guns. Much more fun that way. Don't forget the driving part too!

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 1:25:19 AM PDT
Jake Johns says:
I think of it as a first person action

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 3:28:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2012 3:28:59 AM PDT
Guns start showing up regularly in the second chapter. It's not entirely out of the question to run with just guns (there are places where you can reliably farm ammo/guns) if you're specced for it but you'll want a good melee weapon just in case. Elemental guns can be a lot of fun IMO.

Dead Island is indeed great though. One of my favorite games this gen and definitely one of the biggest surprises of last year, wasn't expecting to like it at all until people started talking about it.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 4:44:28 AM PDT
I got so many games over the sale that I've only fired up DI one time. Seems kinda slow at the beginning, so I'm glad that it picks up later on.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 5:01:12 AM PDT
I just picked up the GOTY edition again!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 5:47:01 AM PDT
PacinoBully says:
The driving is horrible. The best way I've described the driving....it is like a one armed man trying to control a shopping cart....not easy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 5:52:38 AM PDT
You said that joke already.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 5:53:17 AM PDT
JJ4prez says:
Hahaha. What a forum poser.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 6:09:08 AM PDT
I thought the driving was fine, it's not like you really have to do a lot of it anyways.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 6:10:16 AM PDT
PacinoBully says:
I admitted to saying that already..."The best way I've described the driving..."

Ya caught me, drats!

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 6:27:37 AM PDT
Marvelous says:
The driving wasn't bad at all, and like someone else said you don't don't very much of it anyway.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 10:45:04 PM PDT
Nicos says:
Guns are only really effective against the humans you run into (and the boomer and uh lumpy explosive zombies). It is all about the upgraded weapons like the Phoneix Fire Axe and the Katana with a battery hooked up to it. It was definitely a pleasant surprise overall and I am looking forward to the sequel.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 10:58:32 PM PDT
Jake Johns says:
Finally someone else knows about Riptide
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: President Trump - Get used to it 170 22 seconds ago
Not a single Xbox One console currently on Amazon's top 100 best selling Video Game items. 177 1 minute ago
Kamiya: Microsoft Really Believes in Scalebound, They Have Such A Breadth of Resources To Support Us 36 2 minutes ago
PS4 Exclusive Horizon: Zero Dawn Gets Nine Minutes of Gameplay 8 3 minutes ago
Save $15 On Tons of Gaming Gift Cards 16 3 minutes ago
Street Fighter V - A Shadow Falls Story Trailer 43 9 minutes ago
Mosh Pit Simulator video game 1 10 minutes ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 4612 11 minutes ago
Sony: PlayStation VR Will Offer 'things we didn't even imagine were possible' 57 13 minutes ago
Overwatch discussion thread 1688 16 minutes ago
Would you buy a used car from Hillary Clinton? 17 16 minutes ago
Transformers: The Movie 30th Anniversary Blu-ray! 45 18 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Jul 29, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions