Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Humble Music Bundle is live

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 26, 2012 10:30:00 AM PDT
http://www.humblebundle.com/

Hey there!
Time to refresh your playlists with the Humble Music Bundle! Pay what you want for albums from six brilliant musicians: They Might Be Giants, Jonathan Coulton, MC Frontalot, Christopher Tin, and Hitoshi Sakimoto! If you pay more than the average, you'll also get an album from OK Go!

Support these independent musicians and download flawless digital versions of the following albums:

They Might Be Giants' rarities compilation Album Raises New and Troubling Questions;
an exclusive release from the leading geek folksman, Jonathan Coulton's Greatest Hit (Plus 13 Other Songs);
nerdcore godfather MC Frontalot's exclusive compilation, Favoritism;
composer Christopher Tin's GRAMMY award-winning Calling All Dawns; and
celebrated game composer Hitoshi Sakimoto's Best of the Valkyria Chronicles.
If you pay more than the average price, you will also receive OK Go's Twelve Remixes of Four Songs! All of the albums are DRM-free, in MP3 and FLAC (lossless-quality audio) formats. You can also designate part of your purchase to go to the Child's Play Charity and the Electronic Frontier Foundation, two amazing non-profit organizations.

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 10:34:04 AM PDT
Arg! They've finally blocked the humble bundle site here at work.

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 10:52:00 AM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
This is pretty swank. I got to see JoCo and TMBG last year... awesome show.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 11:17:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 26, 2012 11:18:57 AM PDT
From the website:

The Humble
Music Bundle

"Support six amazing musicians. Pay what you want for the Humble Music Bundle and receive six digital albums from the Internet's finest songsmiths. Christopher Tin, They Might Be Giants, Jonathan Coulton, MC Frontalot, and Hitoshi Sakimoto have assembled their best cuts for your listening pleasure. And if you pay more than the average price, you'll also receive OK Go's Twelve Remixes of Four Songs!

Back vital non-profits. You choose exactly how much of your purchase goes to support the musicians, as well as the Child's Play Charity and the Electronic Frontier Foundation, two non-profit organziations doing great work in the world. And if you like this deal, a tip to Humble Bundle would be greatly appreciated!

Download instantly, DRM-free. Once you complete your purchase, you will receive a link to your unique download page. You can download the tracks from any browser, any time, and play the MP3 or FLAC files from any audio program or device of your choosing."

"The artists
Christopher Tin
Christopher Tin's debut album Calling All Dawns redefines the phrase `epic musical journey'. It won two GRAMMY awards, including the only GRAMMY ever to be given for a video game song (for `Baba Yetu', the theme from Civilization IV)'. Sung in 12 different languages, the album explores the cycle of life, death, and rebirth as told through the poems and prayers of different cultures around the world. And the scale of the production is just as staggering: Tin pulled together over 200 musicians from 5 continents, including many legends of classical and world music (Frederica von Stade, Soweto Gospel Choir, Anonymous 4, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Dulce Pontes, Sussan Deyhim, and many more).

OK Go
OK Go's Twelve Remixes of Four Songs is a collection of remixes of some of the best songs from 2010's Of the Blue Colour of the Sky, along with studio versions of those tracks.

They Might Be Giants
Album Raises New and Troubling Questions is a rarities collection of songs recorded during the band's sessions for their most recent full-length album, Join Us.

Jonathan Coulton
It's hard to pick the 14 best songs from Jonathan Coulton's catalog, because really they are ALL the best. But this collection has all the favorites you know plus a couple you probably don't, including tracks from his latest album, Artificial Heart, and three brand new live tracks from his recent Artificial Heart tour. Which is his greatest hit? Only you can decide!

MC Frontalot
MC Frontalot, considered a godfather of nerdcore, has been delivering dope raps about nerd culture for more than a decade. He's bringing his favorite cuts to the Humble Music Bundle in Favoritism, a tightly curated set of tracks from 2005 to the present. MC Frontalot has also authored a beefy set of never-before-seen liner notes exposing the raw meat behind each of his picks for the compilation.

Hitoshi Sakimoto
Rediscover your memories from the acclaimed Valkyria Chronicles series with this compilation featuring the best music from all 3 games. From composer Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics), experience the orchestrated melodies of the main themes, the adrenaline-pumping battle pieces and reminisce on the adventures from all the characters in Gallia."

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 11:22:32 AM PDT
I'm annoyed I cannot find any technical specifications about the downloads. All I know is that you get both MP3 and lossless FLAC.

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 11:44:17 AM PDT
...Wait, another thread with music in the title?

Queensryche > all other metal.

:)

TMBG is pretty decent if memory serves me right.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 11:44:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 26, 2012 11:45:59 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
They Might Be Giants? Jonathan Coulton? MC Frontalot? Vaklyria Chronicles soundtrack? Oh, you better believe I'm in for this one.

Edit: Oooh! And Baba Yetu? I love that song.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 11:47:16 AM PDT
I think this was the easiest $15 I've ever spent.

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 12:20:49 PM PDT
Never heard of most of these but I'll throw down some cashola.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 12:22:35 PM PDT
Kin-foot says:
Ever heard of Still Alive from Portal? That's Jonathan Coulton.

MC Frontalot made Nerdcore kind of big. Can't say I care for him as much but rap was never my thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 12:24:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 26, 2012 12:25:20 PM PDT
Oh, he did Portal music? Awesome! I mainly bought the bundle for VC soundtrack but if he is in there as well then money well spent.

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 12:26:18 PM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
I love Frontalot. But I wouldn't want to pay more than the average for this because I hate Ok Go.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 12:26:44 PM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
Just the closing songs for both games as I understand it.

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 12:30:05 PM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
Pretty much everyone has heard They Might Be Giants, though they may not know it. They did the Malcolm in the Middle theme, all the music for the Daily Show, Particle Man, and Istanbul (Not Constantinople), to name some of their more widespread stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 12:30:09 PM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Surely you've heard some They Might Be Giants?

Some of their better known ones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Za8HggalY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsRuurcTTSk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsAiCs66l40

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 12:30:46 PM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Ha, yep. Those are the ones I posted.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 12:31:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 26, 2012 12:31:30 PM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
Did I ninja you at all? I don't know what you linked to.

Edit: Yessssssssss

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 12:33:57 PM PDT
Kin-foot says:
They Might Be Giants do a lot of kid shows too. My boys were watching that new Mickey Mouse Club when the Hot Dog song came on. I immediately knew it was them. They play that at the end of every episode so I know it pretty well. :/

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 12:51:54 PM PDT
I never watched Malcom in the Middle and Istanbul is such an old song with so many variations it is possible I heard it before. I do remember Particle Man though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 12:58:41 PM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Heh, true. Isn't that song originally from the '50s? It's almost definitely one the most well known versions of it, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 1:02:13 PM PDT
1929, dude.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 1:08:59 PM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Wow. Got to look that one up now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 1:10:46 PM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Earliest I'm seeing is 1953, actually.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 1:12:17 PM PDT
Yeah, 1929 was my bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 1:15:55 PM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
I see the confusion, assuming you checked the Wiki page. For some reason they mention the date that Puttin' on the Ritz was recorded before mentioning this song's recording date. Looks like something needs an edit!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Britain says "I'm out....So wish me luck." to the EU 295 14 seconds ago
PS4 vs Xbox One: Which Has the Better 2016 Exclusives So Far? 21 21 seconds ago
CDC Study on Gun Violence DESTROYS Obama's New Gun Control Push 6 1 minute ago
nintnedo is irrelevant 16 5 minutes ago
The British are frantically Googling what the E.U. is, hours after voting to leave it 10 7 minutes ago
PSN flash sale incoming today 43 8 minutes ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 3860 9 minutes ago
Anybody Else Dislike The New Amazon Video Game Pages? 5 11 minutes ago
12 Games in 12 Months 2016-2017 edition 219 13 minutes ago
Xbox One Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle $219.99 shipped on eBay: 35 14 minutes ago
PS NEO is still a PS4 47 28 minutes ago
Weekend gaming 06/24 - 06/26: Obama criticisizes publication of top fast food in conjunction with E3 conference. "We already have an obesity epidemic, the last thing I need is Phil Spencer encouraging people to shovel down Chick Fil A waffle fries." 37 30 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  Jul 26, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions