Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I found a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than Mos Eisley.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 5, 2012 5:16:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 5, 2012 5:17:32 PM PDT
Xavier 7 says:
Anaheim/Los Angeles area.

I went to Disneyland this week and had tons of fun. I did notice one thing though, and it is probably because of the holiday, but it seems that after 5pm all the scumbags from the LA area infest the park with their children (i.e. future low lifes of America).

Am I profiling? Nope. It is hard to profile a dude with gang tats on his face and/or the shaved section of his head where the hair should be. Then, this morning, I wake up to the local news reporting that an ordinance officer knocks on some idiot's door whose yard is totally overgrown with brush in his yard and has to shoot the moron in the face because he tried to kill the officer.

Why do these creeps have to ruin a beautiful state like California? Can't they go to a less desirable state like Montana or one of the Dakotas?

By the way, George Lucas actually did something right. Star Tours II is fantastic!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 5:25:19 PM PDT
Just because someone has tattoos does not mean they're gang affiliated. I have tons of ink, and yet I earn a 6 figure income from a Fortune 500 company.

Also, it is pretty sad that you are profiling children and that you take offense to their parents, tattooed as they may be, taking them to Disneyland.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 5:28:18 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Impossible.

What are of YOU WILL NEVER FIND are you having a hard time with?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 5:29:41 PM PDT
Jon says:
I have tons of ink too!
In my desk drawer :(

Tattoos have never been for me. I don't even like getting pen marks on my skin. I don't think I could handle having not being able to wash off a tattoo. That said, they don't automatically mean bad people if someone is covered with tattoos. If they are all tats of, you mentioned "gang tats", or like dead puppies or something I guess you can make a judgement about what person would want that tattoo. But perhaps there is meaning behind it. Who knows, maybe the puppies are just sleeping in kool-aid.

The parents were taking their kids to disneyland, they can't be that terrible.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 5:34:53 PM PDT
user22 says:
He said the dude had gang tats, not the dude had tats and is therefor gang affiliated. It's not far fetched to see people with easily-identifiable gang related tats in SoCal.

I do partially agree with you on the "profiling children" part, but that too is not far fetched. It's a sad truth that many children grow up in that life down there in that area.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 5:36:56 PM PDT
And yet it's still projecting preconceived notions upon someone that you have never met or spoken with.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 5:44:19 PM PDT
I believed the story until you used the words beautiful and California in the same sentence.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 5:52:44 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
That was my thought. LA/Anaheim area is the pits. Brown and dry and unkempt. I will say that I just came from Reno to Sac and that was a beautiful drive. Other than that with all its natural disaster problems and the fact that the place is a political nightmare....I will stay in my own political backwater: WA State.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 5:54:48 PM PDT
I find Afghanistan to be more aesthetically pleasning than California.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 5:56:37 PM PDT
Modern Wolf says:
i love Mos Eisley!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 5:57:38 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I guess there is the Pac. Highway too....Nope, I will avoid Cali. Overtaxed and yet still underfunded. Just a mess.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 5:58:10 PM PDT
"I find Afghanistan to be more aesthetically pleasning than California."

HEY! I'll ask you to please remember to say SOUTHERN California when you bash that state, sir. Lol. Seriously, though, SoCal is a @#$%-hole.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 6:00:18 PM PDT
Solid Sponge says:
Ya wanna buy some death sticks?

You need to go home and rethink your life.

White man don't be pulling that stuff on me. Ill get my gang on ya!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 6:07:36 PM PDT
Or Scottsdale AZ where the rich scumbags live. Man I hate Scottsdale!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 6:12:34 PM PDT
Xavier 7 says:
Sorry bud, but when you have "Chicques" on the back of your head and a tear drop under your eye something tells me that you are in a Sureno sect.

Call me crazy but 8 years in law enforcement will make you savvy to such sordid details. I have nothing agains ink, not for me but one of my best friends is totally inked up. I don't discriminate.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 6:20:49 PM PDT
Sure sounds like you do. You basically lumped every person who went to Disneyland after 5PM on that particular day into the group of, as you called them, "scumbags" and called all of their children the "future scumbags of America".

I smell discrimination...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 6:22:36 PM PDT
Xavier 7 says:
Sorry bud, but when you have "Chicques" on the back of your head and a tear drop under your eye something tells me that you are in a Sureno sect.

Call me crazy but 8 years in law enforcement will make you savvy to such sordid details. I have nothing agains ink, not for me but one of my best friends is totally inked up. I don't discriminate.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 6:24:28 PM PDT
Yes you do.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 6:30:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 5, 2012 6:52:02 PM PDT
Xavier 7 says:
Are you assuming I am some corn fed white guy picking on brown people? If so, maybe YOU are discriminating. I am Mexican. My grandpa came here as a permanent resident and was drafted into WWII and taught himself basic English via comic books on a ship en route to the Pacific. Since he did that, my family has a great sense of public service instilled.

Hispanic people have tons of potential. Disneyland dude happened to waste that potential by becoming a gang member. Unfortunately his kid has a VERY high chance at becoming a negative statistic. Illegal activity doesnt work like genetics sometimes does and skip a generation. Sorry.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 6:35:14 PM PDT
No, your entire OP was discriminating against a group of people who went to Disneyland on a particular day and you took issue with the fact that they were there.

The fact that you think only white people are capable of discrimination is funny.

Discrimination and racism are different things.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 6:41:31 PM PDT
Jon says:
I don't think anyone made any sort of judgement about your ethnicity or upbringing. Seems to me, you are even placing yourself in some sort of convoluted stereotype, seeing what you have accomplished, and looking down on another that did not have the same motivation as yourself. The thing is, it appears by your OP and this that you made a huge generalization about a section of a state based upon two people you know nothing about. A police officer was attacked: cool, happens all the time in every state. You saw a dad with his kid at Disneyland with some tattoos, which may or may not mean he is currently part of a gang. For all you know, this kid changed his entire life around. The father is taking his kid to disneyland, afterall. I doubt some scumbag dad would care enough to take his kid to disneyland. Tattoos are permanent and he may have come from a bad life and forced into it. You don't know anything about him and unless he comes at you and physically or verbally assaults you, you have no place to be placing judgement.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 6:45:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 5, 2012 6:56:15 PM PDT
Xavier 7 says:
So seeing quite a few people the names of gang sects literally pasted all overcome their heads and pointing it out and being intolerant of their gangs and the activity typically associated with such groups is discriminatory?

These weren't people with 4H or Lion's Club tats. Call me crazy, but I dont think the crips do a whole lot of charitable work....

Yes, I took great issue that they were there. I must be absolutely out of my mind not to want a guy with a Chicques needled into the back of his head standing right next to my family and I in the Space Mountain line.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 6:48:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 5, 2012 6:49:33 PM PDT
Xavier 7 says:
This guy on his hairline. He would have grown his hair out if he wasn't active. Unfortunately, there were many more running around the park. Gang names under their eyes, necks, sleeve tats, hands, the works.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 6:53:15 PM PDT
You made a blanket statement:

"I went to Disneyland this week and had tons of fun. I did notice one thing though, and it is probably because of the holiday, but it seems that after 5pm all the scumbags from the LA area infest the park with their children (i.e. future low lifes of America)."

Everyone there after 5PM was a scumbag? Every one of their children was/is a "future low life of America"?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 6:55:31 PM PDT
Jon says:
Running around the park doing what? Exactly the same things you were doing, with their kids.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Apple already got punked by Dr. Dre when they paid $3 billion for Beats. Now Jay-Z is going to rip-off Apple too. How many billions this time? 0 12 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3604 15 minutes ago
Microsoft giving away free Xbox One to students buying Surface PCs 17 16 minutes ago
Key Nintendo executive leavin this summer 3 17 minutes ago
More Bad PR For Microsoft, Xbone And 360 Now Are The Same Price. Xbone Has A $50.00 Olive Garden Gift Card As Well. 4 24 minutes ago
Weekly Gaming and Weekend Review 6/27 - 7/1 146 25 minutes ago
shameless sodomite Tim Cook to tap Indian programmers 17 28 minutes ago
The media loves Tesla, but hates Apple. And with good reason 1 34 minutes ago
Not a single Xbox One console currently on Amazon's top 100 best selling Video Game items. 208 36 minutes ago
Anyone else think that the Steam Sale Sucks? 41 1 hour ago
OT: Bring back Hardee's fried chicken 60 1 hour ago
PS VR Preorder Stock Sells Like Hot Cakes, Whole Stock Sell Out In Minutes 7 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Jul 5, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions