Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

[1 up]'ers!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 173 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 3:21:38 PM PDT
JWK says:
Jason, this is the most I've ever laughed at a single post. Bravo!

Post of the Day Award!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 3:32:36 PM PDT
MJM says:
Ruth you're a "people watcher'....me too! I love watching stupid people to see what they're going to do next, it makes my day. One time at a gas station this woman was trying to put dollar bills into the credit card receipt slot at the pump, after a couple of tries with no success she called into the attendant to ask why the pump wasn't accepting bills.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 3:50:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2012 3:53:48 PM PDT
Mrs. User says:
ROFLMAO. This just got me weird looks, as I laughed quite loud just now at work.

I'll give you one: a lady asks a teller here how she should write a check so she can get some cash, and the teller says "Oh, just make it out to yourself or to cash, either is fine." She writes the check, and hands it to the guy, the the check is payable to: My Self or Cash. I had to leave my desk, I couldn't watch.

edit: I'm not trying to one up! XD I'm simply passing on a good laugh at the foibles of stupid people...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 3:54:51 PM PDT
That made me laugh.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:02:19 PM PDT
MJM says:
Ruth that was too funny. I've worked many years in retail banking myself, so trust me, I know about stupid people and their money.

By the way, you can always one up me girl...you're the bomb diggity girl.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:03:37 PM PDT
MJM says:
Guest why are you always trying to 1 up me dawg....that's not cool hommie G unit.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 4:06:35 PM PDT
Mrs. User says:
Never a dull moment in a bank.

MJM you are cooler than a penguin's back side.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:07:04 PM PDT
I come from a state where we are legally prohibited from pumping our own gas. So, when I go on road trips to other, more normal states, I always forget this fact, and end up sitting in my car patiently for ten minutes or so, wondering why all the attendants are ignoring me. When I finally remember that, yeah, no one is coming over to put gas in my car, I invariably look around and about half the time find people laughing and pointing at my license plate. It's completely humiliating.

Is it still 1-upping when my story makes me look like an idiot?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:08:13 PM PDT
MJM says:
Woot woot I'm a penguin's arse.....oh wait a minute, is that a compliment or an insult? Was I just burned, or praised, inquiring minds want to know....like me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:10:17 PM PDT
MJM says:
Queen I'm originally from New Jersey, where we didn't pump our own gas, so I know what you mean. When I first moved to Florida, where you pump your own gas, I did the same exact thing. We're both stupid....we rock.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:11:13 PM PDT
I had no idea that there was another state that didn't let you pump your own gas.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:11:22 PM PDT
I've got one worse than that... I'm in a state where I'm legally prohibited from pumping our own gas as well... only thing is this is not the case for any gas stations on Reservations... So I'm driving back to visit my family and need to gas up before going over the pass so I pull off to gas up and proceed to sit in my car for 10 minutes... finally one of the "attendants" comes up so I say "Fill with regular please" and he says to me "You're on an Indian Reservation, you have to pump your own gas" the more humiliating thing at the time was I was in college so I was driving home, so I had out of state plates from a state that pumps it's own gas!

Oops?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:11:42 PM PDT
What state you from Queen?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:13:09 PM PDT
Oregon.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:13:35 PM PDT
Ah, memories. When I was 22 I was an assistant manager of a gas station/mini-mart business. One of the employees and I had an agreement. If one of us saw a pretty girl pumping gasoline into her car we would stop her pump from inside the store. She would come in for help and whichever one of us stopped the pump would get the other one to go back out with her. Whoever went out would pretend to press some buttons on the pump while the one still inside the store would turn it back on.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:14:31 PM PDT
Hahaha... Okay same here... yeah I was heading back to Idaho on I-84 was just past Pendleton when I realized I should gas up before going into the pass there.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:14:32 PM PDT
Wait. That was you? Bastard.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:14:43 PM PDT
MJM says:
Yellow Striped Armadillo! Good to see you back on the VGF! How the poop have you been my friend?

By the way, great story, very funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:16:06 PM PDT
We are surrounded by self-serve states.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:16:21 PM PDT
The way you can tell if it was me if the air conditioner was on full blast. I did that a lot too.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:17:04 PM PDT
Surviving MJM... employed at last got a great cushy state job it's awesome.

Yeah I thought so too... at the time I was thinking "Oh here I'm a cool out of stater I know how things go they pump my gas for me!" only to be humiliated... Can I get a facepalm???

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:17:50 PM PDT
Yes, yes we are... what part of OR are you from?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:18:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2012 4:18:54 PM PDT
Portland area.

What about you?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:19:56 PM PDT
Salem hence cushy state job. =)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:20:48 PM PDT
MJM says:
Awesome, congrats my friend. It's good to have you back. How's your gaming life, been playing anything cool?

That is too funny. I probably would have just drove off, never to look back again.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Favorite War Movies? 62 25 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3611 32 minutes ago
XBox One S: same disappointing gaming performance, but now in a smaller box. Overheating issues? possibly... 66 37 minutes ago
Scorpio is 18 months away. Until then, XBox One is still a slow disappointing piece of chit 52 38 minutes ago
Microsoft giving away free Xbox One to students buying Surface PCs 18 1 hour ago
GameStop bundling the PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii for $160 1 1 hour ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 4643 1 hour ago
Overwatch discussion thread 1695 1 hour ago
Weekly Gaming and Weekend Review 6/27 - 7/1 149 2 hours ago
Bioshock Collection Incoming 119 3 hours ago
Dad Admits Killing 6-Year-Old Son While Playing Videogames 3 3 hours ago
Save $15 On Tons of Gaming Gift Cards 19 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  173
Initial post:  Mar 13, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions